[Promotion] Guess the hands and win $50!

• JoshLogan

Find yourself calling out opponent's hands during a session? Think your hand reading skills are worthy of envy? Well now's the time to prove it!

Over the course of two weeks from Monday, June 09 to Sunday, June 22, we'll be posting three hands a week (on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, each in a separate thread) for you to try and dissect.

Simply hazard a guess at what you think both the Hero and Villian in our example hands are playing with to give yourself a chance of netting a cash prize.

Time has run out for guesses at our fourth hand. Hero had AsKs, Villain had QQ - well done to all those who guessed either hand correctly!

The fifth hand is displayed below, post your guesses in this thread.

Guess The Hand competition: Rules

• The time for guessing will be in between the time of each hand being posted (a hand posted on Monday can be guessed until Wednesday, when the next hand is posted).

• Each user is allowed to post one guess each per hand followed by a brief explanation of their decision - "random" guesses will not be considered.

• Users have to guess Hero and Villian's hole cards (suit indication not required).

• For each correct guess at Hero's hand, participants will be awarded two tickets to the winner's raffle.

• For each correct guess at Villian's hand, participants will be awarded one ticket to the winner's raffle.

• After two weeks have passed and six hands have been posted, tickets to the raffle will be totalled and three winners will be drawn at random; the winners each receive $50 in their Tell-a-Friend accounts.

• If you don't guess correctly at first, don't be deterred, you still have a chance of winning with only one correct answer.

Hand #5

$0.25/$0.50 Zoom No Limit Hold'em
      BTN ($62.30)
      SB ($50.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with ?? ??, Villain is BTN with ?? ??
      3 folds, Villain raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.40, 1 fold, Villain calls $2.90.

Flop: ($9.30) (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.80, Villain calls $4.80.

Turn: ($18.90) (2 players)
      Hero checks, Villain bets $15, Hero calls $15.

River: ($48.90) (2 players)
      Hero checks, Villain bets $38.10 (All-in), Hero calls $26.70 (All-in).

Total pot: $102.30

Have fun and join the game!
  • 20 replies
    • BotiaKiraly
      Villain probably has something good and hero probably has something good :)

Both have to have either flush or fullhouse on that board

Let's look at hero's call OTR. On that paired board I think the worst flush he is calling with is nut flush, let's say AsQs, villain's pre 3bet calling range has about 3 maybe a bit more of worse flushes and 9 combos of sets if we include 77 which is plausible, this way he has 25% eqiuty. Thus we have established that hero(being hero he must be awesome) would not call with a flush, and he has the full house. let's say he has JJ just because it's more funky.

Villain's pre 3b calling range includes a lot of suited broadways and he hits his flush with his let's say AsJs so that we have all the J-s covered :p

Hero: JJ

Villain: A :spade: J :spade:
    • rstrunc
      villain K :spade: Q :spade:
      hero: QQ
    • eliach123
      hero 1010 although he flopped a set there is a flush and villain has over pair so he called then at the river they both had fullhouses

villain JJ
    • GingerKid
      This one is tough because there are many probable combos in both ranges.
      I would say AsJo for vhero and KsQs for villian. It makes sense for hero to play c/r turn and river call with blocker to flush. Villian is probably raising flop with sets, and unlikely to shove river with Tx, Jx, so it mostly flush or busted flush.
    • DarkhanAk
      At the beginning it seems to be standard 3bet from SB vs BTN and villain defend.
      Once villain defends we might think about all suited broadways and some non suited AQ, AJ, except hands like AK, QQ, KK, AA, and pocket pairs 55++.

When hero cbets on flop I would guess that villain will not slow play his flush, because he might be afraid that action might be killed.

After hero check-calls on turn hero might have overpairs JJ++, AJ, AT, with A of spades.

On river the board has two 7s, thefore the chances that villain floped a set are low. Finally, I would guess that villain has KQ of spades and hero AA. Hero might call with AA because usually lots of people call with best two pairs.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      Ugh frustrating.
      Without any info on either hero or villain these are just a lottery.
      Whatever, free money.

Let's start from Villain here.
      His/her 3b calling range is probably every suited broadway, JJ and any lower pocket pair, AQ/AJ/KQ. Maybe some high suited connectors.
      I hardly think that he/she would shove with Jx or worse.
      QQ+ are a 4b preflop.
      So it's either a FH or a flush, or a busted flush.
      The only possible FH I see is JJ, as the sets on flop would have raised.
      It's also true that maybe JJ would have gone broke preflop, but it's not that granted.
      Regarding the busted flush, I just don't see villain being so "brave", considering the river is a blank and if hero check/called that size on turn he/she was probably planning on calling the river as well.
      Considering unlikely JJ vs flush, I'll go with flush.
      Now even with flush, what flush doesn't raise flop? Nutflush.
      So I'll go with A:spade: Q:spade: , the most statistically probable one.

Now for Hero.
      Preflop 3b range can be very personal and is villain dependant, so... I'll guess.
      TT+, AK, AQo, and some random low broadways and suited one gappers for 3b/bluff range, like 75s+, A2-5s, KTo, QTo.
      Now, what goes into bluff catching mode like that for a stack?
      Considering Hero knows there are not that many bluffs in villain's range on this board, QQ feels a bit too marginal. KK+ possible.
      Any flush would have continued betting I think.
      TT too I believe to protect.
      Only JJ+ remains. JJ would have continued as well tho.

So either KK or AA.
      Given the low bluff range of villain and the dangerous board, I'll go with AA.

Final Guess:
      Hero AA
      Villain A:spade: Q:spade:
    • schmoeJoe
      Hero JJ
      -strong hand preflop thus the reraise preflop
      -flop bet to check how board affected villain's hand
      -turn check call float
      -river check to let villain raise and call for made full house

Villain KsQs
      -preflop steal
      -flop call for value
      -raise for value till last street

• SeagalSteven
      I'm guessing villain has busted nutflush-draw here. AK he would probably 4-bet, AJ has a top pair and shove for value otr would be too thin, dont know if he turns AT into bluff either. So he is holding A :spade: Q.

Hero's hand looks like overpair or maybe AJ, or then he is hero-calling with weaker holding when 1-card FD busts. I'm going with overpair though.

Villain AQ
      Hero KK
    • joey1toe
      Hero - AA
      Villain - AJ

Hero - pre hero makes a standard 3bet which would suggest he has a strong had and therefore a narrow range. On the flop the 1/2 pot bet tells me hero is scared of any completed draws, when he x/c the turn and river it's pretty clear to me that he either has a set or an overpair.

Villain - pre villain calls down her's 3bet however he can call down with a lot of hands in his range due to the positional advantage unlike hero. On the flop villain just calls but on the turn and river he takes the initiative and bets big which tells me that he either is trying to get value from his made flush or that J gave him 2 pair or TPTK.
    • Dochrohan
      Hero has 8s9s

Villain has 44
    • adi1990v
      Hero 10s villain Js
    • trungtran
      Hero threebets with a strong hand - cbets flop and checked turn for pot control (even JT beats him now)
      The river brings a 7 and bottom pair gets paired. If Hero shoves Villain will call with stronger hands and fold the weaker ones and busted draws. so Hero check calls because as a trap.
      Villain calls flop and bets very high on the turn to build a big pot because he gets value from A :spade: and other strong hands.

Hero: AA
      Villain: K :spade: Q :spade:
    • adelaar
      Villain at BTN open-raises to 3 BB $1,50.
      Hero 3bet on SB 2,9 x to $4,40.

Villain calls with top of his range.
      His range is now AA - 77
      AKs - A8s
      AKo - ATo
      KQs - K9s
      QJs - QTs
      JTs T9s 98s

Hero on SB 3-bet range vs BTN
      AA - TT 66 - 33
      A8s - A2s
      AKs AQs AKo AQo
      K9s - K5s
      QTs Q9s Q8s
      J9s J8s T9s T8s 98s 97s 87s 86s 76s 65s 54s

Flop 4s7sTs
      Hero bets half of the pot
      vilain calls
      flush, flushdraw or with 98 a 2 sided strdraw are possible, set 7, set T

turn Jc
      Hero check calls
      villain bets 15 op 18,90 = 80% of the pot
      street 7-J is possible for both
      2 pair J and T is possible for villain
      set J is possible for both

River 7c
      Hero check calls all in
      Villain bets all in
      Villain can have four of a kind 7
      FH's are possible
      Hero i think did not make a flush
      hero can have the street, FH.
      Villain QJs QTs JTs 98s
      This board and hands have so many possibilities. so today is really a guess.
      These hands today can be anything.
      First Hero is leading and on turn and river villain is leading.
      Both can have a fh. T or J over 7's.
      Because the action started at the turn by villain i think that he made his street there.

My guess is
      Villain on BTN 98
      Hero on SB TT
    • PerusJamppa
      Villain: AQ

Pre: Std

Flop-> River: Flopped nut flush and tried to extract value from Hero playing slowly.

Hero: KK

Pre: Std

Flop: Std.

Turn: Villain would've probably raised with small flushes and sets for protection so he have either nuts or weaker hand than KK. There shouldn't be that many off-suit aces etc. so it could be good idea to check. Villain don't call 2nd barrell with weaker hands, but may bluff or even protect TP vs FD's.

River: Pretty much same as turn, except the protection thing obv. :tongue:
    • SRwtf
      Hero has got Pocket tens
      Villain has got a flush I guess and I'm betting at K :spade: Q :spade:

I don't think I'm 100 % right here but let's see:

Villain has got a pretty nice hand with KQs so he goes for it and bets
      Hero has got pocket tens and in order to avoid overcalls and get Villain into a heads up situation and pick up an easy pot he raises villain's bet.

The flop comes as said and Villain flops a flush
      Hero bets at it to see if he can pick it up or has to (maybe) fold to a flush (to a reraise to be accurate) with no more than 7 outs
      Since hero might have the Ace of Spades - he bet at such a dangeros flop after all - villain checks, maybe he even wants to slowplay Hero since action is for sure in such a big pot.

Villain called so he must have some interest in this flop so Hero decides to check and so Villain bets
      Hero then freaks out, smashes his head on the keyboard and accidentally hits F1 and calls the bet.
      OH F**K ME, goes hero as he sees the board pairing itself and decides to let villain take a last run at the pot, shoves all-in and wins the pot with Full House Tens over 7's

I am pretty sure this is NOT the answer, but I hope it was fun to read
    • HasuStack
      Hero has AK suited spades And Villain has Pocket 77 heart and one diamond
      one is slow playing a flush, when he other hits quad 7777 for the massive upset
    • froganlt
      Hero has AsQs, villain has 77.
    • pokerash17
      Villain has 8 9 of spades
      Hero has TT's club and diamonds
    • kartturi
      Villain has AJ of suit. hero has 8s9s.