2 months into Online poker, 1 week into ZOOM!

• Daggystyle
      Daggystyle
      Bronze
      Hey, my name is Dag. Startet playing online (played FR regular) 2 months ago. I was loosing at NL2 at the FR tables because my play was lacking alot and i struggled to control my emotions. Mostly believing people were bluffing way to much and overplaying of pair/overpair, overplaying draws etc. The regular beginner shit i guess. When i got better i still lost because my emotions took over after playing a while because the FR tables were slow and boring. So after having a good session i managed to fuck it up at the end of every single one.

But now i switched to Pokerstars to play Zoom and i have good news. I feel so in control when i play so that i'm able to make the best decision i can because it's not boring and slow. I have officially ditched the charts as i feel really comfortable on my post flop game now that i can play almost any two cards from a good positon (exaggerating ofc).

I play 1k hands a day, sometimes more if i feel like it. Here's my graph for NL5 Zoom this far.

Just wanted to share my feels of achievement. :s_love:
  • 9 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey Dag, that's good news!

It appears the faster gameplay might just suit you better then standard games possibly. I just went the other way and gave up on zoom for a while, the player pool at zoom 5 is a bit too unpredictable for me.

Anyway, good luck and have fun zooming up the limits! :)

Mal.
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      nice!

I 4 table 6 max 2nl zoom
    • Daggystyle
      Daggystyle
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maythany
      nice!

I 4 table 6 max 2nl zoom
      Nice, I play 2 tables only as it allows me to concentrate more on playing correctly. 4 tables makes me messy on ZOOM, might add more later tho :)
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      That's good, buddy, keep it up! :s_biggrin:
    • Daggystyle
      Daggystyle
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrkhaan
      That's good, buddy, keep it up! :s_biggrin:
      Thanks! :s_cool:
    • Daggystyle
      Daggystyle
      Bronze
      There is a good portion of variance in this graph, but i feel like my game has improved alot since i started after downloading and watching countless coaching videos, Reading etc.

If I played better from the start it would look even better. Still happy with my first week at ZOOM, even tho i have around $50 lost from plain retarded play. Atleast i realise that i played retarded and fix it.
    • MickyCee93
      MickyCee93
      Basic
      Yes this happened to me too. Struggled to make much profit playing the regular tables but once I moved to Zoom my profits were much better.

Reasons for this I think is that Zoom attract a lot more weaker players but also you don't get bored as quick and do something stupid.

However I think if you have patience and a good ability to read opponents, regular poker tables are lot more exploitable and potentially greater profits in the long run.

For the Micro's I think Zoom is much better. Just because you learn quicker and get through more hands. Plus it doesn't feel like a complete slow paced grind.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Daggystyle
      Hey, my name is Dag. Startet playing online (played FR regular) 2 months ago. I was loosing at NL2 at the FR tables because my play was lacking alot and i struggled to control my emotions. Mostly believing people were bluffing way to much and overplaying of pair/overpair, overplaying draws etc. The regular beginner shit i guess. When i got better i still lost because my emotions took over after playing a while because the FR tables were slow and boring. So after having a good session i managed to fuck it up at the end of every single one.

But now i switched to Pokerstars to play Zoom and i have good news. I feel so in control when i play so that i'm able to make the best decision i can because it's not boring and slow. I have officially ditched the charts as i feel really comfortable on my post flop game now that i can play almost any two cards from a good positon (exaggerating ofc).

I play 1k hands a day, sometimes more if i feel like it. Here's my graph for NL5 Zoom this far.

Just wanted to share my feels of achievement. :s_love:
      Nice results dude, but don't get too happy. This is a very small sample size to what you're real winrate will be.
      This isn't to discourage you, but pro poker players play for the long run (100k+ hands!).

But nice results for now :f_biggrin:
    • fenc3r
      fenc3r
      Bronze
      No more updates? Been pondering trying out zoom myself, would like to know how the venture went.