Study group: Let's leave the micros

• Ladabaz
      Ladabaz
      Bronze
      Hey everyone, I'm Ladabaz, an NL25 zoom reg on Stars and an active blogger in the cz/sk community. In addition, I am quite an ambitious and passionate individual. For this year, I set a goal of reaching at least NL100 and I am looking for fellow players to accompany me on this journey ;) .

I am really sick of study groups with dozens of people spread out across stakes and time zones with no real activity, structure or ambitions. As a result, I would like to propose a different idea:

I'd love to form a smaller study group of ambitious individuals who, like me, have a lot of passion for the game and love the game enough to commit a significant amount of time to it. Here is what I'm suggesting:

:club: A group of max 6 people - I already posted this in the cz/sk community forums, so...first come, first serve ;)
      :club: Ideally NL25 fast poker players (if any NL50 players would be interested, that's ok as well. NL10 only very active players who are taking a shot on NL25 or will be doing so soon = I'd love for the members to be around the same level)
      :club: The plan is to move up stakes around the same time - this doesn't mean that anyone is forced to wait before moving up, just that all players should spend approximately the same amount of time on their poker-related activities, I personally spend 7-ish hours 6 days a week on poker and plan on doing so at least until mid-september, so that's a ballpark estimate for me ;) )
      :club: Sweat sessions, sharing notes from coachings, videos, books, etc., discussing hands, reviewing recorded sessions, etc. (I have some other ideas in mind, but that is up for discussion when the group is formed ;) )

:heart: This is a project aimed at very ambitious individuals, who are interested in all aspects of poker, who work on their mindsets, productivity, etc. - not for someone, who plays 5hrs/week or people who are content with grinding the same stakes for a year. If you're dreaming about moving up the stakes, sharing your passion for poker with other people and maybe one day being a poker pro, this might be our chance! ;)

But most importantly, we must have the :heart: and the commitment to the game! ;)

If there are any likeminded individuals who like my idea and would like to make it a reality, feel free to post in this thread or add me here on PSGY and we can discuss the details ;)
  • 10 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Good luck with the group Ladabaz and we got your signature fixed for you as well.

Best regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      I am in :f_biggrin:

I played nl20/nl30 (winning at a good rate )at 888 and took shots at nl50

Now I am playing speed poker (Ipoker ) between nl10 euro and nl20

Cheers !
    • Ladabaz
      Ladabaz
      Bronze
      @jackwilder077: Hey man, I checked out your blog and it seems like you're exactly what I'm looking for ;) Sending you a friend request so that we can exchange skype names, etc. ;)

@gadget: thanks a lot! :)
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Hey, adding you in the community, and would like to PM you, if you don't mind ? :)
    • Ladabaz
      Ladabaz
      Bronze
      Absolutely, feel free :)
    • CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      Hey man,I'm interested. I'll add a link to my blog for you to check.

Im very new to cash so learning partners would be great.

Only thing is I'm not playing much right now. I'm working a lot this week and next week as colleagues are away on holidays, but I'll be back to the grind in July.

Link to me blog: From a crap MTT player to a crap 6max cash player
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      Hey Lada

Nice post,

I would be interested in this.

I'll add you as a friend and send over Skype details.
    • Ladabaz
      Ladabaz
      Bronze
      @CreamyGoodness - It's fine, since you are playing "our stakes", getting involved in a week is fine by me, one more of our members is in the same situation ;) I'll also have a week off at some point early in July, I don't expect everyone to be involved 100% 30 days a month, 12 months a year of course ;) I'll send you a request and pm me your skype ASAP

@larsonk7 - Request accepted, send the skype and I'll add you in ;)

As of now, our little group should have 6/7 players (depending on some promising things go :) ), so for the time being, I will not be inviting any extra players without prior discussion with the members about possibly expanding the group further. I'd like to keep the thread open though for future use and, if guys are interested, maybe some reports on how we're operating ;)

Thanks everyone for your interest, it's been a blast seeing how many focused and determined people are around in the psgy community! :f_love:
    • CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      Awesome!

I'm at work right now, but will open a Skype account tomorrow and send you the details.
    • DemonDavies
      DemonDavies
      Bronze
      This group still running?