[NL2-NL10] NL10 SSS FD freeplay

• deadcat
      deadcat
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($2)
      UTG ($10.70)
      UTG+1 ($5.20)
      MP1 ($10.65)
      MP2 ($6.40)
      MP3 ($3.20)
      CO ($9.25)
      Button ($1.85)
      SB ($7.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 2
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.50) 6, 4, 2 (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, 1 fold

Turn: ($1.50) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.90, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.50 | Rake: $0.05

Is FD and a pair of deuces considered a strong or a monster draw?
      And considering I check/called the flop, is folding on the turn correct because of the pot odds?
  • 4 replies
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      hi!

you do not get correct pot odds to call even on the flop. Since there are already 3 spades out there, the ace and king of spades beat you. You only have bottom pair and there are also many straight draws also possible.

i guess you don't have any stats on your opponent. But remember that in SSS, at least at basic you should try never to just call, it's mostly push or fold.
      Conclusion, fold on flop.

good luck !
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I agree with exorcism. Your flush draw is queen high, but you only have one card on your hand.

You have 5 outs to complete two pair or trips. 9 outs for the flush draw... However, I would consider only 5, since you only have 1 card and the 3rd flush draw.

So let's say you have 10 outs. You need pot odds of 3,7:1 to make call.
      He gives you 2:1. So you'd have to count on impied odds to make that call, and the implied odds aren't very good here, since the board is very drawy... he wouldn't fold many weaker hands than yours if you hit your hand on the turn. So you could fold to his bet.

UNLESS you shove it! If you shove it, not only you increase his fold equity, but if he calls your shove, the pot odds will be something like 2,25:1 (0,50 + 1,90 + 1,90 : 1.90)... not so much an improvement, I know. But now you get to see not only the turn, but also the river without having to call another bet, and therefore your odds will actually be something like 1,5:1, making it worth it.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If you decide to play this hand on the Flop, Shove it
      Bottompair + FD + Overcard is Ok to shove it atleast that would I do because Mp2 is a poster after all so he can have a straight draw, top pair no spade etc.

Pushing is my preference
    • deadcat
      deadcat
      Bronze
      Very informative, thanks everyone!