Dealing hands Ipoker

• 8 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by thepalade
      Hello, I have a probability question. In 2.7k hands on NL2/4 on Ipoker network, I had 6 or 7 quads. Isn't that too much ? Are they really dealing the cards randomly?
      Hi, thepalade,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

Yes, that is definitely too much.
      Please let some of the rest of us have some quads now and again, OK? :coolface:

But seriously, folks, it may seem out of line, but over the long haul, it will even out.
      Unfortunately.

You will often see people complain about being "card dead" where they get no playable hands for long periods of time. They rarely seem to complain about all those days when they seem to get all the hands and hit all the flops.

Enjoy the quads while you can, but don't start expecting them...

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • thepalade
      thepalade
      Bronze
      Hello VorpalF2F ,

thank you for your reply. I know it looks stupid to complain about hitting quads, but I know there are 2 sides. If I get a lot of good cards it is also probable that Villain gets a lot of good cards...

Something else that concerns me is that on 2 ipoker-rooms, there are at the same time players at the table with exactly the same name, same avatar (although it's impossible to play on two rooms at the same time) . And they play really odd.Are they bots? Example: One of them put a lot of money on one hand until the turn. His villain had only $0.06 left on the river(he wanted to go all-in on the turn but probably didn't bet all his money). So the river card shows up, villain bets his $0.06 that he had left ( the pot was at least $3) and the bot just folds. I think no normal person would do that.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Something else that concerns me is that on 2 ipoker-rooms, there are at the same time players at the table with exactly the same name, same avatar (although it's impossible to play on two rooms at the same time).
      All the iPoker rooms share the same games and the same player pool. So if you're playing at e.g. William Hill, you're also automatically showing up at Ladbrokes, Betfred, Poker770 and so on.

And they play really odd.Are they bots? Example: One of them put a lot of money on one hand until the turn. His villain had only $0.06 left on the river(he wanted to go all-in on the turn but probably didn't bet all his money).
      That's actually a common error, but it's more due to the software than anything else. Sometimes you try to move all-in, but the betting slider doesn't move all the way to the right. It happened a couple of times to me as well.
      It's true that it doesn't make sense that villain folds to a $0.06 bet in a >$3 pot, but I guess that's just micro stakes for ya. I think you'll see plenty of moves that don't really make sense.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Spot on, Harrier88

Thanks for that!

One point though...
      There are TWO player pools. Some iPoker skins have a segregate pool, although some games (speed poker for example) share 1 player pool.

Unless of course, it has all changed since the new changes came out this month.

The all-in slider problem is annoying, to be sure.

I have developed the habit of sliding the slider, then clicking the + button several times to make sure I have it all.

OTOH, maybe it would be a way to induce a call if you left like €0.06 behind : :s_cool:

Cheers,
      --VS
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      I have developed the habit of sliding the slider, then clicking the + button several times to make sure I have it all.
      I just enter any amount that is greater than my stack into the betting box, which automatically puts me all-in. Works quite well.
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      Hello, I have a probability question. In 2.7k hands on NL2/4 on Ipoker network, I had 6 or 7 quads. Isn't that too much ? Are they really dealing the cards randomly?
      I've had 4 in 12k hands :(
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andiofwbafc
      I've had 4 in 12k hands :(
      Well would you believe it, since posting that I got 2 of 'em today. :f_cool:

Didn't get paid off massively though :(
    • Lulush
      Lulush
      Bronze
      You rarely get paid with such hands :(