Supernova chase

• FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      First time in my poker "career" I play seriously a format which seeks for VPP challenge, so I thought it could be smart to do a challenge thread to keep me motivated. So first goal is 100k VPP Supernova.

Will play 6max hypers (I'm now at $15's still not confident enough to shot 30's but hopefully before I reach Supernova I'll have at least one shot there)

Started this week, still spending a lot of time studying, but I hope I'll put in a decent volume. Will be playing mainly 12 tables, sometimes 14.

Week started like a mini roller-coaster as always in hypazz :)

Currently:

VPP's: 26.191
      FPP's: 5660 (until supernova will spend 30800 on $400 probably)

That's all gogogoo :)
  • 31 replies
    • Jumbleboy
      Jumbleboy
      Bronze
      haha. I also got 27K VPPs this year and also plan to catch supernova this year.

gl man!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      thanks :) just played 150 more games, will update numbers after tomorrow's grind. gnight :)

Fran
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Had my first $900 swing today, but I managed to come back 600+ in second half of the grind, really satisfied with my mental game today, didn't bother much about the downswing and kept playing solid.

graph:

VPP's: 28k
      FPP's: 10,171
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      FPP satellites has easily best value for using FPP points until you get supernova cash bonus. Obviously it takes some time to play those.

Good luck for supernova hunt :)
    • BYOBToBBQ
      BYOBToBBQ
      Bronze
      Good luck! Will be following this challenge :P
    • whiskeybar1989
      whiskeybar1989
      Bronze
      Good luck i samo rokaj stari :D
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey Fran,
      These hyper things give me a headache just thinking about them! I really hope you can get there so lots of cheering on from me!

Gogogo Franman! :s_evil: :s_evil:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Thanks all :)
      @ghaleon yes I figured out that these 235FPP's are great value before I get supernova multiplicator, played 40-50 of them yesterday, however, thanks for recommendation.

Thinking to add 9man hypers in grind too, that would help me a lot volume wised, when playing 6mqx only I can't really go for more than 300-400 games per day. Bought some course for hypers today, so excited to study more these days and continue to grind hard (maybe will stick to 6m exclusively, maybe will add 9mans too).

Thanks for support,
      Fran
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      GL! Move up to $30s as soon as you feel confident (so that you don't have to mix 9-mans in and learn two packs of Nash ranges, blurgh)!

I don't think I'll bump into you much, as I'll be sticking to PLO (possibly on iPoker, loved and hated at once), but still I'd hate to bump into you when doing some Stars' daily challenge for recreationals :f_biggrin: (I prefer $7s for this purpose lately, though.)

Your crusade is gonna inspire me to collect 97.3K more VPPs this year for a change (having 2.7K as of now)... most likely at PLO2-10 with antes with hardcore bumhunting at 25 (I suck vs the regs of 50)... that would take ~600K hands in 6 months... I'm afraid I'm going crazy :f_biggrin:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      :)

@9mans, yeah I agree I dropped them, I am studying 6max even harder and will start grinding more these days and reduce studying proportionally, I found out that 6max turbos are pretty soft still at 30's if you tables select a bit, so I will probably add 30's turbo's t my 15's hyper, that will be more efficient than mixing 9mans with 6max.

VPP's at 30k, didn't climb much last 2 days because I purchased two good courses for hypers and studying with them few hours per day.

can't wait to be back grinding.

Cheers!
      Fran
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      With table selecting on 30s you can get up to 7-8% pre RB it is true.
      I think you still have low sample and played some tighter regs. Give it some time like 1-2k games and you will see how regs adjust to you.
      GL!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hey pedja thanks for jumping in, yeah I am totally aware of it, don't think I had some upswing and underestimating short term variance bcs I don't know if I am in green after these low number of tourneys there in fact, I just stated out my observation of tables I played, but yeah regs will definitely adapt better on me if will play more there.

Today still low volume still bcs didn't complete my hyper courses yet.

btw feeling even better at hyper tables, finally my EV line is skyrocketing :f_cool:

cheers!
      Fran
    • anusLOL
      anusLOL
      Bronze
      good luck man!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      btw feeling even better at hyper tables, finally my EV line is skyrocketing :f_cool:
      We needs some giraffes!

Best of luck!
      --VS
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Thanks guys!

Yeah, well hard to get the giraffe in hyper world, will post some graph when will gain some respectful volume.

gogo Frankfish :)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Is opening the tracker, taking a screenshot and posting it on Imgur hard? :f_biggrin: But yeah, I see what you mean... well, I still believe that determining the AIEV+RB ROI with a desirable accuracy (specifically, whether it's positive) takes only a bit more time than in other formats like turbos or PLO. Otherwise everyone but the best or fishiest would just stop playing hypers.
    • BArGaInChem
      BArGaInChem
      Basic
      Interesting read. Good luck with the challenge. Maybe post some bin graphs showing distribution of finishes?
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Go go go ! =)
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      I used to play hypers just before black friday. Havent touched it since. Good luck with you challenge! :)