Difficulty improting database

• redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Hey chaps,

Here is my predicament:
      My laptop died some time ago so I bought a new one and have been running PT4 starting from scratch. I've just now managed to get the old hard drive from the dead computer rigged up to my new laptop using a USB connector - essentially turning it into an external drive. How do I get the histories from it transferred across to my new database? Is it just a case of copying files from a directory, and if so which one? I probably still have the raw hand data stored in the individual client directories but not sure how long that stays on the computer for.

Most of the tutorials seem to be aimed at transferring database from working one computer to another, so not much help for my situation.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd be muchos grateful!

Cheers.
  • 2 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      When you use PokerTracker 4, after each import has ended PokerTracker moves the hands that have been imported into the Processed Files folder.

On your new computer, run PT4 then click File > Open User Data Folder. Take a look at the path, used for this folder, now mimic this path on the damaged laptop drive. Once you find the same folder on the damaged laptop drive, copy the Processed Files folder to your new desktop. In PokerTracker 4 select Play Poker > Get Hands From Disk and choose the Processed Files folder you just copied.
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      thankyou so much PT. All sorted now. Most grateful! :)