Q: how is this possible ? help me math geeks yes you kavboj!

Bronze
      Okay so ive been playing a lot the last couple of days and yes bear in mind my sample size is only what <3k but heres the one thing i dont understand. my w$sd How can this happen with that kind of w$sd.. I mean i understand if it was <=50 but its not. :'( am i just one big retarded player or should i continue to destroy my bankroll hoping it will turn around if i keep playing the way i am atm ? The stupid thing is that I actually feel like im playing well. with a few mistakes here and there though

heres my stats

and the result of these amazing stats are :

• 16 replies
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      I don't think this is very unusual at all. W$SD% is just the frequency of you winning at showdown. It's not necessarily a good measure of how lucky you've been getting or how well you've been playing.
      Three other, equally important factors not included in the W$SD% stat:
      1) The total size of pots won or lost at showdown
      2) Frequency of you winning without a showdown
      3) The total size of pots won or lost without showdown
      Bronze
      Originally posted by redskwerl
      I don't think this is very unusual at all. W$SD% is just the frequency of you winning at showdown. It's not necessarily a good measure of how lucky you've been getting or how well you've been playing.
      Three other, equally important factors not included in the W$SD% stat:
      1) The total size of pots won or lost at showdown
      2) Frequency of you winning without a showdown
      3) The total size of pots won or lost without showdown
      oh i get it. ive lost huge pots and won small ones. even though i dont feel it happened at all. but yeah okay. .. So basically as long as my w$sd% is above 50 im in the long run going to be + ? or am i just retarded at this ? as i see my 5/Tc graph with a w$sd% at 53 too over 161k hands im 3kBB up (equal $300)

bahh I dont know what to do :/
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by Avataren
      So basically as long as my w$sd% is above 50 im in the long run going to be + ?
      no. you could have a 100% w$sd and still be losing or a 0% w$sd and still be winning.
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kavboj84
      I was just waiting for you to notice this thread :P why did it take so long :( ?!
      Bronze
      Originally posted by redskwerl
      So basically as long as my w$sd% is above 50 im in the long run going to be + ?
      no. you could have a 100% w$sd and still be losing or a 0% w$sd and still be winning.
      that sucks .. So I just gotta hope my game is good enough to beat 25/50c :/ even though ive been told that for over a year now. I havent seen any proof and that makes me doubt myself so much :(
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      I was just waiting for you to notice this thread :P why did it take so long :( ?!
      There is a world cup going on which completely distracts my attention from poker :D
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kavboj84
      There is a world cup going on which completely distracts my attention from poker :D
      soccer sucks :P although i must admit i saw Holland vs Spain and Chile vs Spain and i was so happy Spain got beaten to a pulp :D
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Silver
      I think you have won the small pots and lost big multiway pots. I have noticed that 3-handed and 4-handed when it goes to a cap on turn, you are not folding. Understandable, but often close decisions. If you always go to showdown in these spots, I think you overdo it. I have no particular example, it is just a general thought from having read many hand evaluations of your hands.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      I think you have won the small pots and lost big multiway pots. I have noticed that 3-handed and 4-handed when it goes to a cap on turn, you are not folding. Understandable, but often close decisions. If you always go to showdown in these spots, I think you overdo it. I have no particular example, it is just a general thought from having read many hand evaluations of your hands.
      really ? well short handed like that and i even go to a cap i think I do it knowing the guys an idiot or im playing vs you :) same same.

could you find an example though ?
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Silver
      Well, the nice guys over here have all told you that it is possible to play well and lose. (This is what you want to hear.)

I'm telling you that it is possible to play badly and lose. Like probably in your case.

Your English, by the way, is getting more and more incoherent. The only thing I understood in your post was "idiot", mostly because I had been expecting to see it.
      Bronze
      Well, the nice guys over here have all told you that it is possible to play well and lose. (This is what you want to hear.)

I'm telling you that it is possible to play badly and lose. Like probably in your case.

Your English, by the way, is getting more and more incoherent. The only thing I understood in your post was "idiot", mostly because I had been expecting to see it.
      glad to see the real yohan back :) I was getting worried that you actually wanted to help me :O
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Silver

glad to see the real yohan back :) I was getting worried that you actually wanted to help me :O
      I did want to help you. I suggested an explanation (a very reasonable one) for your recent negative win-rate.
      Bronze

I did want to help you. I suggested an explanation (a very reasonable one) for your recent negative win-rate.
      that i play badly and thats the reason why i lose ? is that a very reasonable one ? oh wow something must have went over my head without knowing it.. no way in the real world that is a reasonable explanation . maybe it is in hell *cough* sorry sweden.. but not in the real world.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Silver

that i play badly and thats the reason why i lose ? is that a very reasonable one ? oh wow something must have went over my head without knowing it.. no way in the real world that is a reasonable explanation . maybe it is in hell *cough* sorry sweden.. but not in the real world.
      The most likely reason for losing is playing worse than your opponents. The second most likely reason is that you run bad. Are you arguing against that?
      Bronze

The most likely reason for losing is playing worse than your opponents. The second most likely reason is that you run bad. Are you arguing against that?
      nope im not