Family restrictions

• billnmex
      billnmex
      Bronze
      My sister has come to stay and I have been teaching her the game. Can i still get in on the TAF deal and are there any restrictions on being on the same sites,using the same computer (not at the same time) or any other rules I need to know about. I play on Poker Stars and Wm.Hill and she likes the latter so can I help her get set up on that? One other thing I have only recently joined up with you folks and got in on the free money at Wm.Hill but have not made a deposit yet, Still playing around and not sure if I want to get serious with them,will this affect me getting the TAF goodies? THANKS in advance for any help
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, billnmex...
      I can think of no hindrances, but just to be sure, I've passed your question up the ladder.

If you don't get a reply from a ninja in this thread within a day, I suggest creating a customer support ticket (go to bottom of that page) and give them all the details you can.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey billnmex,

Yes, you can certainly still use our Tell-a-Friend system to its full extent. There are absolutely no problems there :)

It should also be possible to both play on the same poker room. However, if your sister is going to register her account from your address, it may be worth it to send the poker room in question an email in advance. Otherwise, when poker rooms perform their standard security check, they might see two accounts from the same address and block both accounts. Sending a message in advance could potentially help prevent this.

Finally, regarding the free money, you can make a deposit whenever you want. The only thing you should keep in mind is that you might not be able to get the additional free money on William Hill if you don't make your deposit within 60 days of receiving the money. You can find out more about this here:

William Hill FAQ

Making deposits or earning StrategyPoints doesn't affect the money you earn with the Tell-a-Friend system. Instead, you get money there for the StrategyPoints that other players collect. So if you refer a friend and that friends starts earning StrategyPoints, you'll earn money. For more information, just check out our Tell-a-Friend page:

Tell-a-Friend

Hopefully that has answered your questions! Feel free to ask if anything is still unclear :)

Regards,
      Tino
    • billnmex
      billnmex
      Bronze
      VorpalF2F and TinoLaan THANKS for the info .I think what we may do is try a new site so if you have any suggestions as to which site to set her up on we would appreciate any help. She is completely new to the game and I think the competition on poker stars is to much. We are going to sign her up with them so she can take the classes but for real money experience I think she needs to get some experience before tackling Poker Stars. VorpalF2F I believe this is the second time you have taken the time to respond to my questions and all I can say is THANKS and although we do not know each other I hope we can in the future. It is great to know people like you still exist in this world and it will be an honor to help you in any way I can..From my Sis and I THANKS AGAIN to you both
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi billnmex!

Good to see that you're helping your sis! For the advice on where to play, the best thing to do is post in the below therad (have a look at what info would be useful)

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Cheers!