Rake at Ipoker

• marcosmartinez
      marcosmartinez
      Gold
      Hello guys

I have been playing on Ipoker 25k hands at NL10 euros, paying about 300 euros of rake

does anybody know how many bb/100 does the rake imply at this stake?

how much bigger it is compared to rake at pokerstars.com?

i have being searching on the web but i only found some unupdated charts of rake

Thanks!
  • 18 replies
    • patuxz
      patuxz
      Platinum
      Do you play exclusively one format?
      10nl in € 6-max?
      Or 10nl € speed poker?
      Or are you mixing some £-tables too?
      What i came up with was over 13bb/100 in rake, while pokerstars had about ~6.5bb rake.
      If you play just one stake, say 10nl €, it would be easy to just calculate your rake paid into big blinds and divide by the amount of hands.
    • marcosmartinez
      marcosmartinez
      Gold
      Im playing 10nl 6 max € and £ too

Yeah but 25kh is not a good example to calculate rake

Wow, 13 vs 6.5?

now im playing with a 59% or rakeback, i dont know how to calculate if ipoker plus rakeback is better than just play at pokerstars with his ridiculous rakeback
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, marcosmartinez...

I will assume that all iPoker skins have the same rake structure -- that may not be the case.

This is the William Hill rake chart:
      http://poker.williamhill.com/help/rake-limits-ipoker/

The rake structure below applies to all USD/GBP/EUR tables. For cash tables, rake taken is based on iPoker's rake ranges which is the amount of rake generated per flopped hand (we operate a 'No flop, no drop' policy which means that if your hand ends before the flop, we will not charge any rake) and depends on the cash table limit you are playing on.
      For NL10
      code:
      players            Rake                  Max
      2 	0.01 for each 0.15 in the Pot 	1
      3-10 	0.01 for each 0.15 in the Pot 	2

This is not the whole story though.
      First off, you only "pay" the rake if you win the pot, but for bonus allocation purposes, the rake paid is credited to each player in different ways, depending on the room, and I can't find how iPoker allocates the rake.

I *think* though that they credit you with rake in proportion to how much you put in the pot.

For example, if game is 6-handed, and the pot is 6 ($ or € or £) then the rake will be 0.40
      If three players entered the pot, in proportion, 1 , 2 and 3 then they will get credited with 0.07, 0.13 and 0.20 cents of rake.

To convert this to BB/100 is nearly impossible, because it depends largely on your playing style.

Nits enter few hands, and therefore play lots of hands where they get credited with no rake at all. Loose aggro players who play a lot of pots, and put lots of money in them get credited with large amounts of rake.

For your own particular situation:
      300 € = 3000 BB
      so that is 12 BB/100

For comparison, here is the PokerStars rake chart:
      http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/rake/

According to that chart, PokerStars charges 4.5% rake to a maximum of 1.25 €
      1 in 15 works out to 6.66% with a larger cap.

So that is the number that truly compares William Hill to PokerStars.

Other factors to consider:
      How big is your edge on each site?
      Will your playing style be the same on each site?

Best regards,
      --VS
    • marcosmartinez
      marcosmartinez
      Gold
      wow! great answer!

With a 35% of rakeback at william hill is almost the same that pokerstars (6.66*0.65 aprox 4.4% of rake). And considering the field i think is more profitable to play at ipoker.

Good to know for me, thank you very much!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      No problemo

It was something I had been meaning to look up for a while, but you gave me the needed excuse!

--VS
    • pavaka
      pavaka
      Bronze
      Ipoker rake is ridiculous even with rakeback pokerstars is much better
    • patuxz
      patuxz
      Platinum
      iPoker player pools aren't that great imo. I spend a lot of time during my session at 50-20nl just to keep table selecting obsessively.
      There might be some weaker regs and more fish at 10nl though, but i think iPoker is not the place to be at 10nl.
      Microgaming has 5% rake and Pokerstrategy offers 30% RB deal and first deposit bonus of 20% at 24h poker. Some races too.
    • marcosmartinez
      marcosmartinez
      Gold
      I have 59% of rakeback at Winner Poker

do u think isnt more profitable than playing ay pokerstars with no rb?
    • osislc62
      osislc62
      Bronze
      Hello !
    • osislc62
      osislc62
      Bronze
      Soory !
    • fpBoss
      fpBoss
      Basic
      It's more profitable to play at Pokerstars ( considering a 21% RB which Silverstar gives you) and if you get Goldstar or Supernova this gets even better.
      U can get the numbers to calculate the liquid winnings at http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/calculator/ and compare with the numbers u have on your DB for iPoker.

iPoker gives big rakeback, but it's all masked... cuz they charge you more rake.. this is one of the things that players don't pay attention they just listen to the "iPoker has 60% RB and stars has only 20%".
    • sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Gold
      Hey, I wanted to made new thread with same name, so Ill post here:
      When I compare rake at pokerstars and Ipoker in pokerstrategy it looks like Ipoker takes more $ from us: 8.5bb/100 at Ipoker and 7bb/100 on stars at nl100sh.
      But on Ipoker we cant play $, just euros and british coins.
      So if Im not wrong Ipoker collects less rake from us than p*, is that right?

thanks
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I'm not so sure, sandraardnas,
      I think that comparing the rake in % alone is fine -- I think comparing it in BB/100 is tough, because different players enter different numbers of pots.

However a % figure is the same % regardless of the currency in use.
      There is also the rake cap to consider. In large pots the rake may be capped, so that if the cap was $1, but the % value was $1.25 then only $1 is charged.

The ability to get "rakeback" needs to be considered too.

Comparing two sites is not all that easy.

Cheers,
      VS
    • hov100
      hov100
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      Just wanted to say my calculations.
      I have around 80k hands on NL10 euro reg tables and the rake seems to be 9-10 bb/100, closer to 10.

Just started with NL20 so i have a small sample, around 20k hands and the rake seems to be 7-8 bb/100. (also euro reg tables)
    • meandi289
      meandi289
      Gold
      Not so relevant, but may I ask how can we get "rakeback" in a poker room, especially at Ipoker ? We have to apply for "rakeback" via a website or we have to generate lots of rake in order to get a certain status and rakeback.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by meandi289
      Not so relevant, but may I ask how can we get "rakeback" in a poker room, especially at Ipoker ?
      Hi, meandi289,
      The question is quite relevant -- most important even.

iPoker skins have a points system.
      You earn points based on rake. There are two types of points. They are called by different names on different skins.
      I'll use William Hill as an example.
      At William Hill, you accumulate "WHPoints" -- so many for each $ in rake.
      The more you play, the more you earn.

Next is "Club Points".
      At the start, you accumulate 1 club point for each WHPoint.
      After a certain number have been accumulated, you start earning 1.25 club points for each WHPoint. and so on.

You can spend the "Club Points" and redeem them for cash, for tokens and for bonuses.
      Example:
      If you have 105,000 Club points you can buy:
      :diamond:   €75 Cash for 104,000 club points
      :diamond:   €108 worth of tournament tokens for 101,500 club points
      :diamond:   €150 bonus for 104,250 club points

If you choose the bonus, you must clear it like any other clearable bonus -- by playing and generating rake. Most bonuses must be cleared in 30 days once you've purchased it.

However, if you choose the bonus, you accumulate more points as you clear it, so the cycle continues.

Enjoy,
      VS
    • meandi289
      meandi289
      Gold
      Thank VorpalF2F for the infomation,
      I dont like sticking to a poker room, just play when I'm free. So I think I better play at PokerStar since the rake is comparatively lower than Ipoker skins
    • meandi289
      meandi289
      Gold
      This month alone I've generated 587 strategy points at Netbet, which is about 117 usd in rake I think ( $ 1 rake = 5 SP at Netbet ???).
      I've played on and off at Netbet for years and my Netpoint is just 7621. I'm pretty sure that I've generated more than 400 usd in rake if $ 1 = 5 SP, and I never spend Netpoint for cash, for token or for bonus.
      Dont know if my 7621 Netpoint can claim for how much cash, but I assume It's not even close to 10% rakeback. How can you guys can play with a 59% on rakeback ?

Originally posted by marcosmartinez
      Im playing 10nl 6 max € and £ too

Yeah but 25kh is not a good example to calculate rake

Wow, 13 vs 6.5?

now im playing with a 59% or rakeback, i dont know how to calculate if ipoker plus rakeback is better than just play at pokerstars with his ridiculous rakeback