Fliping with life

• piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Hi to everyone,
      My name is Romeu and I'm a 30 years old portuguese.
      Started playing Poker in 2008 and my favorite games are 6 Max and Turbo MTT's. I play CG NL2 and NL10 6max zoom.

I work in france so only PS.Fr for me... really miss the huge fields but tourneys are little softer here so still +ev :) .

My goals are to improve my game, move up in stakes and if all goes well get a nice side income for playing while still having fun.

My BrM is a little different from advised, i usually play till i get 150/200€ and cash out to enjoy the money doing things I love: travel, concerts and time to time cover some bills.

I look foward to have a coach but they are usually out of wallet range so I watch videos, read articles and books. It helped a lot till now but there is allways room to improve so for those interested in discussing hands and like to have sweat sessions send me a PM.

Till now I have a positive Roi on tourneys and CG but I can be much better.

I will start posting some spots and my evolution. I'm counting on this thread to help recover my NonShowdown line... :)
  • 20 replies
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Here is my graph in ps.Fr for the last monts.

Hate that read line... :f_cry:
    • steesteestee
      steesteestee
      Bronze
      Hola, Romeu!

I play NL2 SH ZOOM and I’d be interested in discussing poker w/ you. I sent you a friend request, so hmu if you’re up for it.

Good luck.
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Yes off course :) done
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey Romeu, welcome to blogs. :)

I'm afraid it's the same story for most of us at the micros as far as the red line is concerned. It's tough to get a positive redline when they wont fold! :D

Have fun and good luck with the tournaments, I'm so bad at those I have no comment.

Best regards,

Mal.
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hey Romeu, welcome to blogs. :)

I'm afraid it's the same story for most of us at the micros as far as the red line is concerned. It's tough to get a positive redline when they wont fold! :D

Have fun and good luck with the tournaments, I'm so bad at those I have no comment.

Best regards,

Mal.
      Hi Mal. Great honnor to have you checking my humble thread.

Yes, they never fold lol but I can't change that so I have to adapt ;)
      I think my problem is peeling too much with pocket pairs, and playing draws slow too often. I'll try to put some spots to show some examples.

Take care

PS: I'm getting deep in a 1€ 6max deepstack. Shouldnt be answering you :D
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.90 Buy-in (350/700 blinds, 85 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 90,038 (128.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): 158,012 (225.7 bb)
      UTG: 9,868 (14.1 bb)
      MP: 53,062 (75.8 bb)
      CO: 39,186 (56 bb)
      BTN: 83,495 (119.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A Q
      UTG calls 700, MP folds, CO raises to 2,800, 2 folds, Hero calls 2,100, UTG folds

Flop: (7,160) T Q 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets 3,580, Hero raises to 9,800, CO raises to 36,301 and is all-in, Hero calls 26,501

Turn: (79,762) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (79,762) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      79,762 pot
      Final Board: T Q 8 5 5
      Hero showed A Q and lost (-39,186 net)
      CO showed A A and won 79,762 (40,576 net)
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze

I play a decent amount yesterday, in comparison to what I usually play.
      Overall i'm happy with my play. had a few coolers and got sucked out on massive pots on 3€ 6max AK>KT
      Poker Stars, $4.50 Buy-in (100/200 blinds, 25 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 6 Players

Hero (SB): 23,376 (116.9 bb)
      BB: 2,441 (12.2 bb)
      UTG: 7,350 (36.8 bb)
      MP: 17,275 (86.4 bb)
      CO: 19,905 (99.5 bb)
      BTN: 14,027 (70.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A K
      2 folds, CO calls 200, BTN calls 200, Hero completes, BB raises to 2,416 and is all-in, CO calls 2,216, BTN folds, Hero raises to 23,351 and is all-in, CO calls 17,464 and is all-in

Flop: (42,526) 9 4 K (3 players, 3 are all-in)
      Turn: (42,526) Q (3 players, 3 are all-in)
      River: (42,526) J (3 players, 3 are all-in)

Results:
      42,526 pot
      Final Board: 9 4 K Q J
      Hero showed A K and lost (-19,905 net)
      BB showed A K and lost (-2,441 net)
      CO showed K T and won 42,526 (22,621 net)

Villain was calling shoves multiway with 97o kind of hands so i dont regret it.

Better luck next time :) Poker is a sick game for sick people a friend said
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Hi all.
      Trying to FT back to back on the 1€ 6-max deepstack over PS.Fr and found myself in this spot, villain is a huge fish playing 48/25.
      I tend to give them more credit when they donk/shove in this spots, my range for him was pretty wide so my thought was :
      i'm agaisnt QT/set or 2 pair orhe's got 1 Pair with Open Ended str8 draw/ Gutshot.

What do you guys Think? Bad play or good play?

Poker Stars, $0.90 Buy-in (250/500 blinds, 60 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 6 Players

SB: 91,494 (183 bb)
      BB: 22,596 (45.2 bb)
      Hero (UTG): 67,443 (134.9 bb)
      MP: 20,423 (40.8 bb)
      CO: 26,118 (52.2 bb)
      BTN: 67,704 (135.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K
      Hero raises to 1,250, MP folds, CO calls 1,250, BTN calls 1,250, 2 folds

Flop: (4,860) 9 8 J (3 players)
      Hero bets 2,430, CO raises to 24,808 and is all-in, 2 folds

Results:
      9,720 pot
      Final Board: 9 8 J
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-3,740 net)
      CO mucked and won 9,720 (5,980 net)
      BTN mucked and lost (-1,310 net)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      All fixed. :)
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      All fixed. :)
      Thks you're the man :f_biggrin:
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Hi all you peekers.
      Last night almost did it. I finished 9th out of 440 in the 1€ 6-max Deepstack. Went down shoving in the small blind QJvsK8, was very short stack, around 12bb, so he snap called... GG.
      I am still proud of my result, I think my play is getting consistent so I hope to push a little more my bankroll and try also some sattelites for bigger ones.
      This Week-end will be hard to find the time to play, Party tonight and drive a Ferrari around a circuit tomorrow :f_cool: Can't wait for it
      Gl to you all, Special my new poker buddy steesteestee
    • steesteestee
      steesteestee
      Bronze
      Congratulations on your result, have fun at the weekend and thank you for the shout-out!
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Hello fellow peekers

Got to the final table again on the 1€ 6-max deepstack, finished 4th with a chopped pot 4 ways equal shares.
      What a sick result for the last 3 tournaments, thursday 2nd, friday 9th and today 4th.
      Time to start aiming higher stakes on this format :f_cool:
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Hi guys.

Been a busy week so i couldnt play that much. I gave a copple shots on higher buy-in and sattys but nothing great.

Trying to get some money aside to buy the HM2 licence but i'm not working atm so... I'll post the results soon I hope. Will take sugestions on software that has Free trial.

From the 20th to 27th will be the Micros Championship and I hope to be playing a copple of my favorite events. Would be nice to have HM2 by then.

Last tourneys wasnt running so good but still got deep in 2€R, 16th place. Best so far this week.

Wish Gl to all and see you soon :f_biggrin:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey Romeu, looks like you're getting on with those games then! Nice job! :s_cool:

It was a good idea to get a poker buddy as well, discussion is always good and you can bounce ideas off each other. Not enough people do it in my opinion and lose out I think because of it.

You run good now, please!

Mal.
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hey Romeu, looks like you're getting on with those games then! Nice job! :s_cool:

It was a good idea to get a poker buddy as well, discussion is always good and you can bounce ideas off each other. Not enough people do it in my opinion and lose out I think because of it.

You run good now, please!

Mal.
      Hi Mal, thks :f_biggrin: i'm trying as hard as i can.

Yeah allready made a poker buddy and got lucky, he has really good game analysis and will surely help me with my hard decisions.

Its surely a loss, everyone improves with time given enough motivation but my in my case it speed up my learning curve and in a good way, changed my game.

Hope to make a lot more and if poker is a good reason then be it :)

Btw got to the 2nd flight to supersattelite for the french "Sunday millions" if lucky next weekend I'll be in a big one :f_biggrin:

Greetings and GL to all
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Hi peekers.

I've been playing all day and had a few nice runs.

Got deep in the Big 5€ but had no fuel to make the final table. Standart, has few players are left, the game gets more aggressive and my leaks are all over me. Anyway was good enough for a 11th (47€) .

Also won a sattelite 3€ for the 15€KO and worked out pretty well, Got 32€ worth of KO's and 40th (26€)

I'm really proud of these results but I need to improve later stages play and get my 3-bet range a bit wider and stop calling when I have a better hand Pre-flop.

Would be nice to cash a real prize, I need to travel back to my country to see my sick dad....

Gl to all
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Hi fellow peekers :D

Been reading lots of blogs and watching some xxflix videos on cash game play to help me get in the zone :f_cool:

I started a session on zoom NL10 because I'm time limited today and won't be playing tourneys. Instead i'm attending a concert in the local town fest.

Tomorrow its sunday and I'll be taking a shot of some majors. Looking foward to play the Triomphe again,a 30€ bigstack MTT in PS.FR. Yesterday won a ticket in a 5€ supersat, its the only way i'm playing these buy-ins.

Also have day 2 for the French Sunday millions in september and i'm starting with 21bb. Not too much worried, I usually do well playing short stack but there's only 35 tickets and the field has more than 500 players so surely will not be an easy task.

Also in the Megapath, a step structure but with FPP 5R>500>2000>6000. Another way to get the SM ticket in september and first step ran really with only 10 fpp spent (the buy in and the add-on).

Will be adding objectives soon. Every one plays according to their objectives and that seems to work really well. I didn't had any specific objective other than win money and have fun but if I want to improve and aim higher then that's the way I'll take.

Sorry I cant post any graphs or hands but have to wait for a better moment to buy the HM2 Licence. Anyway I'll post my BR evolution till then.

BR:133.81€

Gl to all :f_biggrin:
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      So here's my update on today's results:

30€ Deepstack "Le Triomphe" - finished 310th. Really dry run, had KK once and was all in vs KK lol split pot, never had more than 4k over the starting stack

2€ Deepstack- Finished 16th for 6€and some chips...

2000FPP sat to 6000FPP SM sat- won and will play in September the final step

Hot 3€- Finished 8th for 66€ - Sick run, lost JJvs88 preflop all in before the bubble and got thru with 1bb, then started to dobble up till 600k. lost AQ(CO) pre flop shove vs K6s(BB) board ran good till the river... 6. Anyway was a good game but made a copple off mistakes that could have changed the final result.

Also played a copple tourneys aside from these but no cash

BR 183.78€