[NL2-NL10] Nl50 A7s

• Gerv
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , 7:club: . CO posts a blind of $0,50.
      4 folds, CO checks, Hero raises to $2,50, 2 folds, CO raises to $10,00 (All-In)

So this Shortie checks his blind first-in and shoves his stack when I stealraise. My first feeling was that he had a PocketPair but I didnt know which one. I think something like 55-66 or SCs/Axs.

26.5/16 = 37.6% I needed with A7s

Should you have called this shove?
  • 4 replies
    • DeKuip
      I'd fold cause I think I'm dominated too often.
      "You're just gonna loose far too often" ;)

I give him AT+, 66+ or something like that. Just don't wanna risk my stack here for this...
      Against AT+, 66+ you have 33%. So maybe if my range is too tight you might be able to call here, but it's just extremely marginal.

Last time I've seen a shortie doing this he had AK, maybe that's influencing my reaction a bit, but still...
    • DaPhunk
      Interesting situation Gerv.

On the one hand this looks like a trap. I've been caught one too many times by guys with a big love of limp/3betting monsters.

On the other, CO has to expect us to steal looser than normal here due to his post. Therefore he will resteal wider too.

He has 74% Fold BB to steal and I think he could easily be pushing wider than this. I call and of course, i make a note on the hand he made this play with.

Of Course, Every Villain is different. We do not know which segment of his range he makes this play with.

I am very interested to see what our judges view of this hand is.
    • Gerv
      Well my ATS is 28 which means that I am not offically allowed to call but only Villains who datamine 24/7 know I have a ORL of 28 and with a blindposter, I do not steal just ATC.

He is first-in checking his blind, BB's SB's PFR is 4 so a RRaise wont really occur, maybe a blinddefense call from the SB but his play doesnt make sense unless he thinks I will steal.

But again, I think that if he was a proper SSS'er, he wouldnt get the max. value out of his hand now because if I folded, he went to a freeplay instead of a stealraise etc.

I dont give him AT-A9o/s because that would have been a stealing raise , especially wheN I - as a SSS'er - is on the BTN.
    • ysessa
      fold preflop it never gets big plus ev