This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50 A7s

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $31,24
      BB:
      $50,75
      UTG+2:
      $24,59
      MP1:
      $33,17
      MP2:
      $33,41
      MP3:
      $29,07
      CO:
      $0,00
      Hero:
      $10,75

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , 7:club: . CO posts a blind of $0,50.
      4 folds, CO checks, Hero raises to $2,50, 2 folds, CO raises to $10,00 (All-In)

So this Shortie checks his blind first-in and shoves his stack when I stealraise. My first feeling was that he had a PocketPair but I didnt know which one. I think something like 55-66 or SCs/Axs.

26.5/16 = 37.6% I needed with A7s

Should you have called this shove?
  • 4 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I'd fold cause I think I'm dominated too often.
      "You're just gonna loose far too often" ;)

I give him AT+, 66+ or something like that. Just don't wanna risk my stack here for this...
      Against AT+, 66+ you have 33%. So maybe if my range is too tight you might be able to call here, but it's just extremely marginal.

Last time I've seen a shortie doing this he had AK, maybe that's influencing my reaction a bit, but still...
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Interesting situation Gerv.

On the one hand this looks like a trap. I've been caught one too many times by guys with a big love of limp/3betting monsters.

On the other, CO has to expect us to steal looser than normal here due to his post. Therefore he will resteal wider too.

He has 74% Fold BB to steal and I think he could easily be pushing wider than this. I call and of course, i make a note on the hand he made this play with.

Of Course, Every Villain is different. We do not know which segment of his range he makes this play with.

I am very interested to see what our judges view of this hand is.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well my ATS is 28 which means that I am not offically allowed to call but only Villains who datamine 24/7 know I have a ORL of 28 and with a blindposter, I do not steal just ATC.

He is first-in checking his blind, BB's SB's PFR is 4 so a RRaise wont really occur, maybe a blinddefense call from the SB but his play doesnt make sense unless he thinks I will steal.

But again, I think that if he was a proper SSS'er, he wouldnt get the max. value out of his hand now because if I folded, he went to a freeplay instead of a stealraise etc.

I dont give him AT-A9o/s because that would have been a stealing raise , especially wheN I - as a SSS'er - is on the BTN.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      fold preflop it never gets big plus ev