looking for a few pieces of advice

• scarecrow722
      scarecrow722
      Bronze
      Hey everyone, new to this forum but it was recommended to me as a good place to seek some basic advice.

Quick background ive been into poker casually for a couple years. Recently had alot more interest in it. Have read a few books on it including daniel negs book on small ball( just to learn some more outside of just playing)

played past month or two on 888 poker and pokerstars. Unfortunatly used my deposit bonus on pokerstars for 10$. 888 I started with the 8$ and got it to 46 so far now trying to decide on which site to make my "home". Right now im primarily doing micro/low stakes and tournaments.

So was hoping to get some recommendations on the best site that fits
      1. Good long term future for me as a player
      2. Good bonus deposit program!
      3. Alot of fish! Im borderline still a fish... but better to be on a site with more players as bad as myself and in the future hopefully people I can cleanup.
      4. If anything else beneficial about the site post what :)

Also - a good poker software, primarily a hud. Ive heard some things about getting a bonus on certain sites for buying certain software? If anyone has a tip on this please add :)

• 6 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Welcome to the forums, scarecrow!

When it comes to fish, your best bet should be 888, which is often said to be the fishiest network of all. For the long term, I think Pokerstars might be the better choice, because they have better traffic, a bigger variety of games and a better loyalty system.

You may also consider any iPoker room, especially if you don't have a tracked account yet because they offer the best rate for StrategyPoints. These rooms also tend to be quite fishy, but they don't offer a lot of games, the traffic is not great, and the software can be a bit crappy at times.

You can get an overview about any current promotion offers over here.

About tracking software, Pokertracker 4 and Hold'em Manager 2 are usually considered to be equally good, and it mainly comes down to preference, but I think there is a special offer for Pokertracker 4 right now on this site. You can just check out the trial versions and decide for yourself which one you prefer.
      Some free software tools you should download are the ICM Trainer for tournaments and Equilab.
      You can find the download links for these tools over here.
    • scarecrow722
      scarecrow722
      Bronze
      Thanks a ton for the feedback! What are you thoughts on full tilt poker? In terms of loyalty program, action and how many fish in comparison to 888 and pokerstars?
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      I've never played on Full Tilt, but since they have a partnership with Pokerstars, I'd imagine that it should be similar to Stars in most aspects.
      I'm actually interested in joining them if they ever become a partner room of Pokerstrategy again.
    • scarecrow722
      scarecrow722
      Bronze
      Sorry but out of curiosity whats the benefit of that? Them being a partner with pokerstrategy that is.
    • parraka210
      parraka210
      Bronze
      My favourite rooms are Pokerstars, Partypoker and 888. For starting i would recomend Pokerstars, you are going to have weak player at nano/micro stakes and you are going to be comfortable with software ;)
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by scarecrow722
      Sorry but out of curiosity whats the benefit of that? Them being a partner with pokerstrategy that is.
      That just means that you can sign up for a tracked account to generate StrategyPoints by playing.
      Or were you asking about the benefits for Full Tilt or Pokerstrategy?

By the way, calling the relation between Stars and Full Tilt a partnership was a bit inaccurate, they were actually bought by Pokerstars two years ago.
      Incidentally, only about two weeks ago, the parent company of Pokerstars and Full Tilt Poker got bought by the Amaya Gaming Group.