KickTipp last 16 confusion?????

• ggildas
      ggildas
      Bronze
      What the hell does *Pen mean? It then states "*Result after penalties". Are you suggesting that we need to correctly predict the game after Normal time, extra time or after penalties???
      Unless it is after normal or extra time then a draw is impossible. Also, theoretically, it can go on indefinitely as it must be won by 2 clear goals. On that premiss we should all be betting a +2 if we think it will be a draw after regulation time.
      Please clarify. I've checked the FAQs but nothing there.
  • 14 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi ggildas,

If the game ends in regular time, this result will be taken.
      If it ends after overtime, this result will be taken.
      If it ends with penalty shoot out, the total score will be taken.

You are correct that betting on a draw is kind of pointless.
    • ggildas
      ggildas
      Bronze
      Well it's great to know your company is full of S***
      The final score was not the way the points are allocated.
      Again LIAR
    • ggildas
      ggildas
      Bronze
      OK a bit strong. But all my predictions were based on what you said.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi there again,

Liar is indeed a strong statement! What was wrong with my statement?

You bet on
      2-0 => 2 points
      3-1 => 3 points
      3-1 => 2 points
      2-0 => 3 points

so far all games correctly, so, what's the point?
    • PumaPerez
      PumaPerez
      Silver
      30 years of watching football and winner of penalties shootout was always awarded with one goal advance in results. lets say brasil - mexico was 1:1 before shootout. shootout ended 127:126 so the result was 2:1pen.

how come that you count every penalty goal in shootout as a goal in result? never saw count it as this before. is it some new fifa ruling?
    • ggildas
      ggildas
      Bronze
      That is my point exactly. The scoring system is ridiculous.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

lets say brasil - mexico was 1:1 before shootout. shootout ended 127:126 so the result was 2:1pen.
      hm....

according to the described rule
      "The result "after penalties" will be applied." we simply add fulltime score + PSO-score and that's it.
      So, as I see it, we have been pretty transparent here and hundreds of players see it like that.
    • PumaPerez
      PumaPerez
      Silver
      According to image you posted result after penalties is still draw ;) so your argument is invalid.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by PumaPerez
      According to image you posted result after penalties is still draw ;) so your argument is invalid.
      This is way the rules clearly state:

The result "after penalties" will be applied.
      So we take the result from full time, overtime and penalties and add them up - it is as simple as that.
    • ggildas
      ggildas
      Bronze
      OK I can read and did so. However, I would point out that theoretically the game may never finish if both sides continue to score penalties. The system you have favours final score spreads as opposed to "correctly predict" the final score. The system in place worked fine during group stages but falls down at Knock-out stages.
      So spread betting it is. All the skill of the people playing KickTipp and trying to predict the correct score using their footballing knowledge counts for nothing. Yes I will concede that getting the spread involves skill for a 90min game. But no body that I can see, from the table, predicted the correct score of any of the games that went to penalties. The reason is that penalties are designed to be a lottery in order to bring the game to a conclusion. This in itself removes any pundit skill.
      Also historically as the World Cup progresses games become tighter and more prone to Extra-time and penalties.
      Do you intend to keep the same for the last 8, semis and final?
    • azukaj
      azukaj
      Bronze
      In the image you posted I really can´t see the result 4:3. There is result 1:1 and result of penalties 3:2. But the result after penalties is not equal to the result of match after overtime + the result of penalties. On some internet sites you can find the result of match after overtime + the result of penalties and on other sites you can find overall result after penalties, which is 2:1. For example The result after penalties. I didn´t see result 4:3 anywhere, only on pokerstrategy.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He guys,

yes, people will very, very unlikely predict a 4:3 correctly. But so what? What is difficult to predict for you is also difficult to predict for everyone else.

In the end our game is a 3rd party software that is widely used in Germany and the rules here are pretty standard. My apologies if it is not sooo obvious for you.

Btw, It is still worth grinding a few strategy points to qualify for a higher payout :-)
    • PumaPerez
      PumaPerez
      Silver
      i think its not standard, but whatever. i am pretty sure there is no way you gonna change something halfway through promotion =) just next time please write some example into rules to prevent confussion.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by PumaPerez
      i think its not standard, but whatever. i am pretty sure there is no way you gonna change something halfway through promotion =) just next time please write some example into rules to prevent confussion.
      He PumaPerez, that sounds like this rounds up the thread pretty well :-)
      Thx guys and GL!