$55,70
      Hero:
      $16,55
      CO:
      $80,95
      BU:
      $25,90

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, SB raises to $1,75, BB folds, Hero raises to $5,00, SB calls $3,25.

Flop: ($10,25) 3:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5,00, SB calls $5,00.

Turn: ($20,25) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($20,25) 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $20,25, Hero calls $6,55, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $33,35

A hand ago, hero had also JJ and misplayed it against the same villain. Hero just called his minraise preflop; villain played agresivelly on the flop 55K and turn K; board contained 3 clubs (always pot size bet). And hero did not manage to rebuy to $25.

Since hero was only middle stack, he just bet on the flop 1/2 pot size (to try to indicate a weakness so that villain could push the flop). Protection would not make sense (villain would raise the flop with a flush draw) and hero was ready to push any turn (even a diamond). Also remaining stack was small.

Hero was not afraid of Ace on the turn, because villain's range was very wide. However, bet on the turn would scare villain therefore hero checked behind and was ready to call or push any river.

Hero diviated from his standard line because of loose opponent and his midstack.
  • 2 replies
    • Escientist
      Escientist
      Global
      I would call his minraise preflop : when you 4-bet, you make his range become something like QQ+,AK which dominate you.

As played on the flop, there is a flush draw and you don't wanna see overcards on the turn -> i move all-in since your stack i almost equal to the pot.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I like the reraise preflop, he is a fish and you are not even full stacked. 4bet is fine. On the flop I'd say shove, you just have pot size left, evena compete idiot must recognize that you are not going to fold. :rolleyes:

Best regards,
      Tribuncaesar