Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I'm happy to introduce my new coachings project entitled:

Reviewing the PLO warriors

time: thursdays 21:00 CET
      Starting date: 03.07
      target group: PLO10-PLO100

In this coaching i'm going to take a look of a PokerStrategy member's game and analize it live via skype with him. We will take a look at the most important situation and we will talk about the thought process we should have in these spots and how to make the most correct plays.

Because we have a great tool that allows the PokerStrategy users to comment as we play we will often stop the video and wait for response by PokerStrategies members. This way you will be able to see how good your reasoning is compared to players on the students limit, and where you can improve your game or even improve the game of the student in question.

Overall it should be a great experience for everyone, so i'm looking forward to seeing you thursdays at 21.00!

Regards,

Skod
  • 62 replies
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      [SIZE=12][CENTER][B]Week 1 student (3.7.2014)

Suhepxm
      [/B]

Stake - PLO50/PLO100

Site - PokerStars
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Feel free to ask me or Suhepxm questions in this thread regarding the coachings.

Regards,

Skod
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      What are your thoughts about traffic and game quality (in terms of making $$$) during the different hours? Timezones can be deceiving, so tell your timezone and the good/bad times to play in your time please. :)

I am not sure if I can make the coaching, so I would appreciate an answer to this thread too.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      The first question that comes to mind is why Suhepxm likes the tiny-if-any-edge raketrap called small stake Zoom :f_tongue:

Originally posted by Skodljivec
      Because we have a great tool that allows the PokerStrategy users to comment as we play we will often stop the video and wait for response by PokerStrategies members. This way you will be able to see how good your reasoning is compared to players on the students limit, and where you can improve your game or even improve the game of the student in question.
      Are you going to use strawpoll.me (Kyyberi's know-how)? :f_love: It's a great way to ensure anonymity, the watchers won't be afraid of humiliation for bad choices.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Haha... Why would anyone feel humiliated? I just don't get this mindset. It would be a wierd world if everyone would know the same things on the same subjects as everyone alse wouldn't it? We would still be trying to figure out how to start a fire in a cave if that was the case :D

Regards,

Skod
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      yihaaaaa cant wait for it..
    • Suhepxm
      Suhepxm
      Black
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      What are your thoughts about traffic and game quality (in terms of making $$$) during the different hours? Timezones can be deceiving, so tell your timezone and the good/bad times to play in your time please. :)
      In my opinion the games are better the later it is. In the evening there are a lot of recreational players, but also a fair amount of regulars. Afternoon is usually reggish. Best time to grind is after 2am imho (Especially on weekends, when people come home drunk and want to gamble). A lot of regs quit their sessions then and there are some stuck fish remaining trying to get their money in whenever possible.

My ranking would be: Weekend any time>night time>evening>afternoon/noon.
      All in all there are usually plenty of fish in the zoom50 pool any time of the day, nontheless beating the rake can be tough.

I currently live in Vienna, so my timezone is CEST (Central European Summer Time).

Originally posted by tonypmm
      The first question that comes to mind is why Suhepxm likes the tiny-if-any-edge raketrap called small stake Zoom :f_tongue:
      I guess im just used to it :D .

I really suck at multitabling normal tables. By playing zoom i feel i can make more hands/hour. I play normal tables every once in a while, but as im not used to the dynamics I always end up switching back to zoom sooner or later.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

so first of all i have to say sorry for the internet issues near the end; however we did manage to do what we set out to do, and i really think we did good.

Feel free to give feedback and ask questions about the coaching in this thread. I will also add some of the hands Suhepxm still wanted to discuss so you can warm up for next week when we come to MrTrocks's game.

Feel free to ask him things here as well :)

Regards,

Skod
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      Hi guys,

like Skod mentioned, feel free to ask if u have some questions.

Feedback: i really liked it so fare. i think we had some interesting spots we could discuss. For my experience we could take another 1 hour to watch and discuss suhepxm hands :D

What i don't like was that we have to focus on 3-4 Zoom tables. Imo this is too much to cover all hands. But as u said we well change it next week.

Regards
    • Suhepxm
      Suhepxm
      Black
      Hey guys!

I really enjoyed the coaching and I hope i could present my thoughts in an easy and comprehensible way. We had some interesting spots to talk about in my opinion, although (or rather because :D ) some of my plays were kinda borderline. But hey, one gets coached to improve, not because one is already playing perfectly. If Skodsdecides to do this again in the future i can only recommend, to anyone who didnt seize the opportunity in the first playce, to apply!

Originally posted by MrTrocks
      Feedback: i really liked it so fare. i think we had some interesting spots we could discuss. For my experience we could take another 1 hour to watch and discuss suhepxm hands :D
      Thanks, ill be available if Skod/more of you guys are interested :) .
      Looking forward to see you play too, nit! :D
      3 Tables zoom indeed were a bit too much, didnt think action would be that fast.

3 More hands for your analyzing pleasure:

$0.25/$0.50 Zoom Pot Limit Omaha Hi
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($98.73) 197bb
      UTG+1 ($51.75) 104bb
      CO ($102.89) 206bb
      BTN ($39.51) 79bb
      SB ($31.07) 62bb
      BB ($57.67) 115bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG 8:club: 4:club: 5:heart: 7:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: 10:diamond: 5:diamond: 6:spade: ($4.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: 8:spade: ($8.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4, Hero calls $4

River: 7:heart: ($16.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $15.52, Hero ?

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($163.34) 327bb
      UTG+1 ($84.50) 169bb
      Hero (CO) ($157.18) 314bb
      BTN ($69.98) 140bb
      SB ($127.96) 256bb
      BB ($116.38) 233bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is CO 8:heart: 10:diamond: 7:club: A:heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.75, Hero raises to $6, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $4.25

Flop: 6:diamond: 7:diamond: 10:club: ($12.75, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $8.50, UTG+1 raises to $19.88, Hero calls $11.38

Turn: K:club: ($52.51, 2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $19.55, Hero calls $19.55

River: 2:heart: ($91.61, 2 players)
      UTG+1 goes all-in $39.07, Hero calls $39.07

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($85.08) 170bb
      UTG+1 ($86.54) 173bb
      CO ($110.46) 221bb
      BTN ($99.14) 198bb
      SB ($173.57) 347bb
      Hero (BB) ($226.93) 454bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB 9:spade: 9:club: 4:club: 4:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4.75, UTG+1 calls $3.25

Flop: J:spade: 5:diamond: 7:heart: ($9.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7, UTG+1 calls $7

Turn: 2:diamond: ($23.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $17, UTG+1 calls $17

River: 4:diamond: ($57.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $20, UTG+1 raises to $40, $20 to Hero ($178.18)?

• Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Guys, feel free to fire away with your thoughts (not necessarily answers :P ) about these hands as they are a follow up to the coaching. Let's see what you think, and then me and Suhepxm will come in and give our thoughts as well!

Regards,

Skod
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze

I like hero's line flop/turn. River looks first like a clear fold, as any 9 almost makes a better straight. But hero's line looks so weak, that it makes no sense for villain to pot for value (althought I do it myself time to time, to give opponent more reason to herocall :D ) in this spot, so I think calling is fine as there is 2 flushdraws that brick.

Here villain never has a straight, never. That's because there is two flushdraws and he like minibets turn, nobody never does that with a nutstraight (hero also has a blocker). Calling total brick river is fine, although I would be jamming turn as hero really doesn't know what to do clubs/diamonds river.

[spoiler]
      Villain gets like supergood price for his bluffs here with min-raises river. Also, he is repping only a (very good) flush, he never raises his better sets, straights, or small flushes here. Therefore hero's hand is as good as a small flush, I dont totally hate calling here with the super-good odds, though I think we should have some kind of reads about villain being very active.
      [/SPOILER]
    • martijnde666
      martijnde666
      Bronze
      #1: Raise flop to get it in ASAP vs FD's/sets and to pairs :)
      As played fold river, I think its an obvious v-bet with 9xxx

#2: Openrange UTG from position? and f32bet?
      (I like to flat this hand IP because we have to fold to an 4bet, but no info about villian)

#3: NH, call river, to thin spot to (semi bluff) shove and to much A3xx and KAxx :diamond: in UTG's range to raise for value
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      hand 1:
      pre: the open depends for me with the players behind. if the table is tight its okay if there are some 3b i prefer folding (note i´m nitty :D )

Flop: i would bet. Dont want to get into a guessing game here. craise is extreme overplayed imo

Turn: maybe we could donk here to protect and get some value. as played his size is week dont know if could raise here

river: depends really on the player when he potdonks here. sometimes i would call sometimes i would fold

Hand 2:

tough spot without any reads or stats. against unknown i dont like the 3b against an early pos raise tbh

Flop: i hate this reraise size. i see often some villians who took this small betsizes when they crush the flop

Turn: his betsize is so wired. i really don´t know if we should shove here or fold. on one hand he would make it bigger with the nutstr8 on the other hand puh dunno. seems like he want too see a cheap river. with this spr left we have to decide to fold or to shove. call makes no sense imo because there are so many rivers we hate

RIver: as played i guess we have to call

Hand3
      i really dont like the hand as played.

pre: i would just call. no need to inflate the pot when we close the action

Flop: bet should be okay depends on the player and his reaction in 3bpots

Turn: i dont like the turnbet, even when we hit a miracle 9 its ugly i would just give up tbh

River: its a fold i dont think its too often a bluff to call profitable
    • Omahasaurus
      Omahasaurus
      Bronze
      # 1 I wouldn't open this until CO, it's an imperfect rundown with a gap in the middle, so you will flop non nutty draws like on this flop, 789x has you crushed, you will often flop bottom 2p OOP etc.

as played I'd probably donk the turn $7 and take it from there

I don't get this one, why are we 3betting here? i think it plays better in a sr pot, you want to flop tptk in a 3b pot which this hand can't.
      the gap at the top makes it difficuilt for you to flop decently unless you flop nfd.

why didn't you give us no reads? does this guy fold in 3b pots alot? etc.

i think shoving the flop can't be a big mistake with the blocker in our hand 100bb deep, but we are quite deeper so I'm not sure tbh

I would say this hand is a spew
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      Hey Skoddy do u give us also ure opinion?
    • Suhepxm
      Suhepxm
      Black
      Yeah sorry guys i didnt write down the tendencies.
      (I will just edit my reasoning about the hands in this post, as i dont want to interfere with MrTrock's section of the thread :) )
      Hand#1: Open is really close, but it was a tight table (in the vid you can actually see my mouse switching between fold and raise a few times) but in retrospective i would just fold pre.

Postflop:
      I Like x/c here. I think my hand is far too weak to b/c and by b/f i may fold a lot of equity. If i bet and get called i will always face an ugly turnspot.
      If i check i can control potsize to a certain amount and might get a free card, furthermore it "protects" our checking range a bit.

Ott we quite often should have the best hand, but we can be dead also and a lot of his combodraws have decent equity against our hand.
      x/c in a vacuum might seem bad for our hand in a vacuum, but for our range its very beneficial! Alot of the time i will have some kind of (combo) draw when i x/c turn again, this means he cannot fire blindly on draw completing rivers because they also hit my range quite hard. But if I only have draws in my x/c range, he could fire any blank river because i will very often give up, therefore its nice to have some hands in your Range that can call blank rivers and i think this is a good candidate.
      River spot sucks, although my intention was to call must non flush rivers, i chose to deviate from that and actually x/f. As i said he is barreling alot of combo draws ott and i think quite a lot of them actually have a straight by the river.

hand#2: V. was a fish and we are 170bb deep, i think 3betting is >>> calling under this circumstances, vs a reg you can go either way imho(depending on tendencies), 100bb deep i always flat vs a reg.

Postflop:
      standard cbet imho, no point in checking this back. Vs his x/r sizing it's also a clear call imho. We are deep enough to make some moves/have decent implied odds for it to be profitable.
      Turn: As you guys said, its very unlikely he has a straight here ever, maybe 89 with two flushdraws, but thats very unlikely. Yet i dont like my call here because i am the one who is more likely to make a mistake otr, Shoving should be fine, although i dont expect it to be a super winning play, but what else can you do?
      River: as played its a call imho, all draws bust and he might even check some better 2pairs like K6,K2.

hand#3: we are 170 bb deep and id wanted to add some deceptive hands to my 3betting range, 100bb deep i always flat. Not sure if i like it thought, the more i think about it i prefer calling over raising pre.

cbet kinda standard i guess, especially with my wrap blockers.
      Turn: Close, but i often see him having a J with overs to the 7, sometimes KK,QQ, maybe even somebackdoor floats (although i block them a bit), all of these hands are likely to fold to a biggish turn barrel and i can still bluff the river on some cards (T,8,6).
      River: i was a bit lost and tried to blockbet to loose less vs flushes and maybe get called by worse, but actually this doesnt make a lot of sense, when i said Ott that he is unlikely to have a hand stronger than one pair.
      I think x/f should be a good play vs a player thats not particularly aggressive, because he will often checkback with weaker hands an we will win a nice pot.
      As played i think i should fold River, ofcourse odds are insane, but i dont think anyone is bluffing in this spot with this sizing.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      [SIZE=12][CENTER][B]Week 2 student (10.7.2014)

MrTrocks
      [/B]

Stake - PLO50/PLO100

Site - PokerStars
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Feel free to ask me or MrTrocks questions in this thread regarding the coachings.

Regards,

Skod
    • Krach-Bumm-Ente
      Krach-Bumm-Ente
      Black
      probably in, set an alarm so i hope i'll make it.
      is the first coaching available as a video?
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      Originally posted by Krach-Bumm-Ente
      probably in, set an alarm so i hope i'll make it.
      is the first coaching available as a video?
      No! don´t set an alarm...

u play the same site and we are in the same skype group so i dont want too become a common laughing-stock :f_cry:

:f_biggrin: