need advice: how to become a pro from micro?

• Balltas
      Balltas
      Bronze
      Hello everyone

I want to come back. I believe I am a descent player and I can be even better. But sometimes I let my hands down when I lose, and winning becomes not so exiting.
      I really wich to become a player that can generate around 100$ a day. But for nowon my bankroll is ~130$ at poker770. I wont wanna waste my first time deposit bonus on other sites untill I have bigger ammount and can clear all the bonus.

I have some friends that are living from poker. But they dont earn very much. They dont have social security stuff. They dont have a job they only play poker. One of them is playing 24 tables. I dont think its ebven possible cause I am playing only 4.

I have asked my friedns how do they do taht? Even When I play with them I dont think they are better. We are talking and I cant hear something new from them or our oppinions just the same almost every time. How to play in some situations. But somehow they are ahead of me in the game. But why?

Sometimes I think about the variance. I mean the green and the orange lines in the HUD. I have Experienced that you can lose like 200 buyins when yuor ev is +400 buyins. Is this bad luck or very bad luck or very improbable or what?

Nowadays I thikn people in small stakes are pritty good. Maybe not all of them. But those fishy bad players lose their money pritty quickly and I am not the only person to collect it.
      It feels that most of the cases you are playing with other regs for thin value cause they dont just ship with air. Those spots that when you got a set or flush wont get payed very easily you must tell them a story that they believe tey are ahead. Or I am overthinking?
      Even I make few mistakes and all the work breaks even Or somethines I even fall behind.

Plese advise me what should I start from and what should I be focusing.

I have a job so I have around 2-3 hours a day for my play and around 1 hour to review my setion and disscuss with yuo.

thanx a lot.
  • 1 reply
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      just a few things as someone who has already considered the move in the past

Originally posted by Balltas
      I really wich to become a player that can generate around 100$ a day.
      long term daily average $ is one thing, but in practice swings can be brutal

Originally posted by Balltas
      Nowadays I thikn people in small stakes are pritty good. Maybe not all of them. But those fishy bad players lose their money pritty quickly and I am not the only person to collect it.
      It feels that most of the cases you are playing with other regs for thin value cause they dont just ship with air.
      yeah, you do have a point. knowledge spread has gone a long way so that you have to invest a decent amount of time into the game even if you just want to beat microstakes+rake :f_eek:
      and if you have any thoughts of "going pro", you not only need to learn enough, you also have to keep working on your game to stay ahead of the curve, which only gets tougher every year.

not saying that it's impossible or anything, just that the amount of effort and mental strength needed is pretty high.
      as for myself right now, my story for the past year has been that every once in a while i get excited and put in a ton of effort in, and it shows. but then the runbad comes and i don't love this game anymore :f_biggrin:
      i'm not sure that i have the determination to work on my mindset to go pro, though it's definitely nice for making money on the side...