decent HUD sample

• NezNanec
      NezNanec
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've recently started using PT4 and would like to know what do you guys consider a decent hand sample in short handed(6max) and full ring games(9max) zoom games? I currently have my HUD set to start displaying stats at 100 hands, but to be honest only feel comfortable relying on stats when it's 500+ hands.

I mostly watch stats for auto profit spots like fold to 3bet, fold to flop cbet and a couple of other stats so I find this pretty important.

Thanks for the help
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well... getting a decent sample on villains on zoom isn't too easy.
      not sure what's "a good sample", but if you are just hiding stats for people on who you have under 100 hands you are handicapping yourself for sure. and inferring things from low samples is an art
    • NezNanec
      NezNanec
      Bronze
      I've only recently started using a HUD and I'm still getting used to using it. I'm currently playing on BetFred (promodeal) and their speed poker setup gives you 10sec + timebank to decide what to do, and I play 2 tables at once. I was making mistakes by relying on stats too much so I decided to just hide it until I get comfortable with it.

That being said, I read somewhere that a good hand size for self analysis is 10k+ hands, and wanted to hear from some other people on when to they start relying on stats.

I know it's hard to just throw out a number because it depends on specific stats, types of players limits and other factors but I'd still imagine you can say like 100+, 500+, 1k+...

cheers
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      you see...
      how many hands do you have on the villain who you see the most? how much time would it take to get a "good" sample? :f_biggrin:

i use any sample, but of course you have to keep in mind the sample size and take it for what it's worth.
      if someone's playing 5/5/20hands or 80/60/5hands that's super affected by variance, but still better than nothing - player 1 is likely to be no loose-aggressive reg, while player 2 is likely to not be a nit... though it's still possible that they are of course, so you don't want to make any massive adjustments to your default gameplan.
    • NezNanec
      NezNanec
      Bronze
      Well I still don't know what a good hand sample would be, but let's say 1k+ hands. I've been tracking yesterdays and todays session and have gotten about 500 hands on people I see the most, and about 100 hands on people that don't play that much.

So I guess getting a good sample would take about a week.

But I guess that doesn't matter, because if I'll keep on seeing them afterwards, I can just autoprofit off them for the next month so it payed to take a week to get their stats. Same goes for regs (especially for regs I guess).

But ye you've gotten to the core of my problem. Most of the time I can tell the type of player somebody is by checking their notes and base stats after about 50 hands and make some small adjustments according to their playstile. But most of the time I'm just playing my regular game :s_biggrin: .

So what I wanted to know is when to start making adjustments according to the stats I mentioned, 3bet, fold to 3bet, 4bet, fold to 4bet, cbet flop, fold to cbet flop, cbet turn, fold to cbet turn regarding to how big my hand sample is, because most of the time relying on these stats hasn't been going well for me.

cheers