Problems, problems, PROBLEMS

• milosx
      milosx
      Bronze
      I'm not sure if I am allowed to do this but:
      My advice is do not use Skrill. Ever.

I have seen on many forums (bitcoin, trustpilot, etc.) that this is acutally a SCAM site, not literally but in so many ways. Just google "Skrill scam" and you'll know what I mean.

Unfortunatelly, I found this out too late, after uploading my money. I used a new card and verified it, then uploaded the cash. Mistakenly I have selected NON gaming and I couldn't transfer it to a poker site. So far okay, my mistake. So tomorrow I try to withdraw the money to my bank so I could upload it again as Gaming but Skrill wants me to verify my credit card again, less than 24 hours it was verified for the upload of cash!?!? And when I press the verify button and enter the CVV code the site redirects me to a 404 not found page.

I have written two e-mails to their support, and an automated message said they will respond in 24 hours. That was 5 days ago.

I have seen on the web that some people are thinking of a lawsuit to a court in Strasbourg, I will see if I could join in.

SCAM. DON'T USE IT.
  • 4 replies
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      No, it's not.
    • Brdjan
      Brdjan
      Bronze
      I use it also in Serbia without any problem for years, their support is very slow so just wait they will answer eventually.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      I wouldn't call them a scam, but their security is not as good as you might think.

Skrill does reverse payments until weeks after the payment was made. This can happen to anyone, and if you ask them why they took the payment back, you will usually not get an answer. The reason is typically that the initial transfer was related to fraudulent activity (cc fraud, account hack, etc), but they won't tell you or give any transparency, meaning they have total control over your funds and there is nothing you can do.

That means that any balance you have on Skrill is a loan to them and at their mercy. They are not regulated like a bank.

Skrill doesn't do real banking either. When you send money on Skrill, no actual value changes hands, only their numbers are updated. When you make a bank transfer, there is a lot going on, the money is actually transferred. That's why they take so long. Bitcoin also transfers value immediately (one of the reasons why it's such sick technology). But on Skrill, not much happens, only other digits are displayed, so it's not very secure.

I don't know if their finances are audited, that their cash reserves match consumer balances, etc.

I wouldn't say Skrill is insolvent or stealing funds or anything like that, they run well for the most part. But you should be aware that your money with them is not safer than money at a big poker site, bad customer support included.
    • Brdjan
      Brdjan
      Bronze
      Very nice insight.
      My best advice would be a good saying: Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
      Doesn't matter if basket is Skrill, poker site, bank, home...