From the bottom, up & up again...

• Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Hello there! :D

Welcome to my personal poker blog.

I am from Australia & am currently living and working in Singapore.

I decided to start a blog. Never done such a thing before however I felt that I need something that will help me stay on track of my poker progression as it is clear to me there is something lacking in the goal setting / maintaining section of my poker career.

I started playing poker online in February 2013. A friend helped me with a BR of $20 and I started playing $1.50 SNGs. I ran it up to ~$100 and had no clue what I was doing right or wrong. I returned my friend the $20 and soon enough I was back to $30.

It was then I decided that SNG format wasn’t for me and I decided my luck at 6max cash. Starting at 2NL I played and pushed myself through 5NL 10NL and took some shots at 25NL all within 2 months... I guess I was on a heater as I didn’t have much experience at the time. Sure enough I ran it into the ground was back with a BR to just keep myself alive at 5NL… At this point I quit poker for a good 6 months but kept ~ $50 inside PokerStars in case I decided to try again.
      September came around and sure enough I started to play again. SH cash @ 5NL, managed to build up a BR to play 10NL surely to come crashing down once more. It was then I decided to try playing SSS as I was able to play a higher limit with a smaller roll… This is what I thought at least… but variance with SSS seems to kill. Soon enough I gave up at SSS and came back to BSS in March 2014. Since then I have run up my BR to takes shots at 25NL again and come crashing down all the way to 2NL more than once…
      I know I can beat 10NL but every time I get the roll for almost 25NL I just get greedy & start playing 25NL without a solid win rate at 10NL just because I have the roll for it.

This blog shall be the start of pure control over myself, my goals & my emotions to move up too quickly. I believe I have the will to succeed at this game.

My goal at the start of this year was to beat 50NL by December 2014 for > 4bb/100 however with a full time job I think this can no longer be the case. My time spent on poker is around 15hrs / week.

:heart: NEW POKER GOAL(S) :heart:

:club: Short Term :club:
      Beat 10NL over a 100k sample for 5bb/100 by December 2014.
      Document all my poker sessions (excel file OR blog post)

:spade: Long Term :spade:
      Build a 5 figure bankroll
      Make a sick second income from poker
      Play 200NL+ regularly

Thanks for stopping by & good luck at the tables,
      Rakor88 :f_cool:

CURRENT PROGRESS
      Current BR: $45.74
      Playing 4 tables of 2NL Zoom.
  • 20 replies
    • steesteestee
      steesteestee
      Bronze
      Good luck with achieving your goals!

I am NL2 SH ZOOMing myself. If you’re up for discussing poker and or life, then hmu.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Rakor88,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

Woohoo. I've got another Aussie to talk to. I'm in Tasmania so we have something in common. We are both on a small island near the Australian mainland. :tongue: So G'Day mate :f_thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing more.

Cheers

Laz
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Welcome to blogging Rakor88! :)

Not sure how well SSS even work these days so I would recommend staying in full stack game.

Keep on going! :f_thumbsup:
    • Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Back to the start we go,

5k hands played so far this week.
      Running good I guess and keeping my focus. This always tends to happen after a big crash for me. I can remain focus and play really well. Wish that this blog will help me keep focused and play well for a long time into the future.

Started playing super small sessions with breaks (20 min session followed by ~10 min break to reflect on hands played)

Current BR: $48.97

Random hand below... thoughts? Not much to think I guess. Everyone calling here vs random fish?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.06
      SB (Hero):
      $2.00
      BB:
      $1.41
      MP2:
      $3.62
      MP3:
      $3.05
      CO:
      $2.34

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.12) A, 7, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, BB raises to $1.35, Hero calls $1.27.

Turn: ($2.82) 5 (2 players)

River: ($2.82) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.82.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces(Q A).
      BB shows a full-house, aces full of sevens(7 A).

BB wins with a full-house, aces full of sevens(7 A).
    • Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Played close to 7k hands over the last 2 days, not so good results just managed to win about 5BI.

Cashier slowly getting back up... Will only take a 5BI shot at 5NL once I reach $125.

Had quite a short breakeven stretch but felt like I was making good laydowns. Must keep telling myself people arn't that aggro on average at 2NL...
      Sometimes playing Zoom gets to me cuz all of a sudden it just seems like every hand I 3bet i get shoved on or every river I bet I get raised and they just have it so often all in a short timeframe. Must keep myself under control tho. Zoom does have this impact on me...

Normal tables are too slow and I lose focus quite fast. I can only really fit 4 tables on my monitor without tiling and 4 tables of regular at 2NL would get quite stale pretty fast...

Graph so far below.

Current BR: $63.27

• Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Interesting hand here vs a super aggro villian,

Check behind turn as villain is a maniac and I want to induce something on the river so I can just shove over but didn't expect the following...

$0.01/$0.02 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 14 07 2014 21:45:10
      Table Eugene 6 Max (Real Money)
      Seat 1 is the button
      Total number of players : 6
      Seat 1: kotikvip ( $1.61 )
      Seat 2: Abar88 ( $2.01 )
      Seat 4: Igorr575 ( $2.72 )
      Seat 6: theory187 ( $7.38 )
      Seat 7: tansangle ( $2 )
      Seat 9: Rakart88 ( $3.24 )
      Abar88 posts small blind [$0.01]
      Igorr575 posts big blind [$0.02]
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Rakart88 [ J :club: , Q :spade: ]
      theory187 folds
      tansangle folds
      Rakart88 raises [$0.06]
      kotikvip folds
      Abar88 folds
      Igorr575 calls [$0.04]
      ** Dealing flop ** [ Q :heart: , Q :club: , 9 :club: ] - $0.12
      Igorr575 checks
      Rakart88 bets [$0.09]
      Igorr575 calls [$0.09]
      ** Dealing turn ** [ 9 :heart: ] - $0.30
      Igorr575 checks
      Rakart88 checks
      ** Dealing river ** [ Q :diamond:] - $0.30
      Igorr575 bets [$2.57]
      Rakart88 calls [$2.57]
      ** Summary **
      Igorr575 shows [ A :spade: , 7 :spade: ]
      Rakart88 shows [ J :club: , Q :spade: ]
      Rakart88 collected [ $5.18 ]

I have moved to 888 for the meantime to take advantage of deposit bonus and build my roll again. Here is the graph so far @ 888.
      Still keeping my roll on stars - Current BR on 888 - $90.56, will move up to 5NL @ $125 and take a 5BI shot and drop down at $100. This time I will be strict on myself.

Cheers,
      Rakor88

• Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      HIHI,

Long time no post.

Still playing on 888poker. MOVED UP! BR @ $150.
      Stuck to my goals and moved up at $125, Proud for that, feels better that I stuck to my plan. So far going well.

Attach overall 2NL and 5NL graph below. Currently playing 2 tables of 2NL and 2 tables of 5NL snap since max 2 entries per limit at 888.

Hopefully my next post won't be so long.. been real busy with work so volume not so high.

- Rakor88 :f_cool:
    • Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Hello there,

I have done it again, back to 10NL. BR a healthy $277 and currently playing 2xNL10 snap and 2 regular juicy tables of NL10. Action is a bit slow but its enough so I wont get bored. Proud of myself this time sticking to proper BRM and will stick with it all the way.
      Re evaluate my goals here Id guess I wanna be playing NL30 by Start of December. would like a decent winrate at 10NL before taking the plunge.

Thanks for stopping by.
      - Rakor88 :f_cool:
    • Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Hello!
      Long time no update. Been busy travelling / climbing mountains/ exploring the world. Recently took all my BR and moved back to stars. BR a healthy $505! and playing 4 tables of NL10 zoom again. feels really good to be back in these games and playing well. Gonna take shots back to 25nl at $750. Until next time!

- Rakor88
    • Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      HELLO!

Going strong! Feeling good to finally be beating 10NL once and for all.
      Playing 2-4 tables of 10NL zoom on stars and have a winrate of around 12bb/100 over 20k hands. Sample is small but still happy to be here.
      BR @ $560 plus a bunch of unclaimed rakeback to be taken. Looking forward to take shots at 25NL once again soon! Sticking to my $750 plan... Plan is king.

Hopefully some exciting action ahead !!

-Rakor88 :f_cool:
    • Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

Long time no post.

Going to join the build my bankroll thread!
      BR is as follows below:

Took a few shots at NL25 earlier in the year when BR was at $750. Didn't go too well with unlucky 4 buyin shot. KK < AA, AA < KK etc.

Nevertheless, I cannot be shot down!
      Now zooming at NL16

Goal BR of $5,000

- Rakor88
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Welcome to our little promo!

Looking forward to your first weekly update in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread on Monday!
      Hope to have you soon at NL50+,

GL to you!
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Good read - always good to see someone actually progressing through the micros, they can feel like a tar-pit sometimes.
      I'm also hoping to make my way out this year (currently NL5) and will hopefully catch you up ;)

GL@thetables.
      MD
    • Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Hands played this week so far: 10,810
      Profit: $107.12

Stakes, Mostly 16NL with some 25NL at the end since BR is healthy again.

BR @ $728.50
      Earnt 765VPP towards my 3100VPP bonus target before 15 Feb to grant me $77 bonus!

Results:

Thoughts on this hand? 2p? can't just put villian on KT only right?
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 132.8 BB (VPIP: 27.03, PFR: 24.32, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 38)
      CO: 52.04 BB (VPIP: 57.14, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 14)
      BTN: 159.2 BB (VPIP: 28.00, PFR: 16.00, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 25)
      SB: 197.6 BB (VPIP: 30.77, PFR: 30.77, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
      Hero (BB): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 6:diamond: 6:heart:

fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.4 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond: J:heart: 6:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 5 BB, Hero raises to 16 BB, BTN calls 11 BB

Turn: (38.4 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero bets 20 BB, BTN raises to 51 BB, Hero raises to 81 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 30 BB

River: (200.4 BB, 2 players) 7:club:

Hero shows 6:diamond: 6:heart: (Three of a Kind, Sixes)
      (Pre 50%, Flop 73%, Turn 23%)
      BTN shows T:spade: K:spade: (Straight, King High)
      (Pre 50%, Flop 27%, Turn 77%)
      BTN wins 192.4 BB

• Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Week 1 reporting!

This week I played 13,028 hands over a variety of games at 16NL zoom & 25NL regular tables.
      I made $102.91 with an average winrate of 5.06bb / 100.

Overall Money graph below.

• MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Good volume considering you work f/t and great progress!

GL@thetables
    • Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Week 2 over!
      January Over!

Very happy with my volume this month. Set out to acheive 30k hands per month. Manage to pull off 60k, taking it slow n steady with work and all.

This week I played NL25 SH Zoom the whole week.
      Manage to play 11,115 hands with a profit of $110.27.
      BR is at $869.66

Graph Below:

January Graph here! Pretty swingy but overall happy with my results moving to 25NL and all. Seem to be at least breakeven there so + rakeback ill be able to camp here for a while. Must keep chanting standard line, solid play. Helps my thinking during sessions. Coping a lot better with the change in swings at 25NL now.

Spewy 25NL shot at the start of the month. But then right back on track. Lets forget about those spews!

Lets go February!
      Good luck at the tables :spade: :spade: :spade:
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Solid work, bra! I have no idea how you managed to put in that much volume. I struggle at 10k hands/week whilst tying down a 9 to 5. Keep at it, mate.
      If you play stars, how/where do you get your RB and how do you show the RB line on your PT4 giraffe?
    • Rakor88
      Rakor88
      Bronze
      Well sadly, 2nd of Feb has caused a lot of disruption in my poker play ability with stars being blocked and many other poker sites in Singapore.
      We did get some help from the support team and they were able to credit all of the % of bonus owed to me since I could not continue to play it out.

I cashed out my $1047 USD roll on 4th of Feb and am a little lost now. For so long I've loved this game, now i'm left stranded.
      Live here is not an option as the lowest stakes I believe is 5/10 which is well above my BR. Will check out some smaller sites, perhaps they can get past this giant wall that came across online gambling websites here... A bit disappointed that they choose to block such services such as online poker, yet still offer local gambling facilities. In a sense they arn't really sure they know what they are doing but just shut it out and forget about it will be the best option.

Waiting for chapter 2 now... Will start trading forex again and see where we end up.

What really sucks is that I won't be able to grind gold / plat each month to enjoy the wonderful content our coaches here provide. Angry... My passion has been taken away from me. I will return! Somehow, someway...

Until next time.

Good Luck at the Tables :spade: :spade: :spade:

- Rakor88