I Will Grind Under The Palm Tree

• DroptheGame
      DroptheGame
      Bronze
      Sup Fellow grinders! Im young, handsome and talented MTT-Junkie from Europe. I've been playing now for couple of years tournament poker as my "profession" (maybe more lifestyle, lol)
      Last couple of months I've been lazy as hell, just getting high and drunk and now when there is world cup going... who really wants to waste time on poker when there is superb football matches going everyday?
      Well world cup will end eventually and I will have to get back on the grind to escape the winter and move to ... somewhere, most likely smoking doobies under the palm tree in my hammock in paradise.

So yeah, thats my goal.

I'll start my games today, but days in next two weeks will be quite busy. Im going with my friends to local Summer Festival in the weekend and after that Im visiting my family for one week(no poker), but after that I will get serious and work my ass of, I promise! :s_cool: so then I will post more goals and stuff to keep me motivated
  • 12 replies
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Another new blog, great. :f_thumbsup:

Where in Europe you`re from? How big games you play?

Have a happy Summer Festival! :s_cool:
    • DroptheGame
      DroptheGame
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk
      Another new blog, great. :f_thumbsup:

Where in Europe you`re from? How big games you play?

Have a happy Summer Festival! :s_cool:
      Im just another idiot from northern Europe =)

I used to be typical backed breakeven mtt-horse searching for glory that I never found in Sunday Million, for almost two years. Then my backer dropped me (god bless him) and I started crushing 5-50€ tournaments.

Here is my graph for last 15 months:
      http://oi61.tinypic.com/30ac6ye.jpg

Including 4 month break from poker when I was backpacking all around South East Asia.

---

Good day today, HEAAAAATTEERRR!

I played kind of longish session, clicking buttons for 11hours -> 7 final tables. Shipped 2 small field tourneys for 150€ and 150€ (good tourneys to smash the variance), couple runs for big score and one of them realized for 1800€ and golden trophy. Finally won tourney with bigger sized field (+400 entrants) so im pretty happy about that :]

Wanted to tell you something but now my brains just dont work anymore after watching cards on the screen for so long. Good night.

edit. picture doesnt work, too tired to mess with that, somebody tell me pls how to fix it and i will
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by DroptheGame

edit. picture doesnt work, too tired to mess with that, somebody tell me pls how to fix it and i will
      Hey DroptheGame,

The reason your image won't display is because you need to be Bronze status to display images directly in your posts.

Why not consider a Free money offer. This will give you lifetime bronze status and you will be able to also send friend requests and private messages.

Here's a freebie though.

Happy Fishing

Laz
    • DroptheGame
      DroptheGame
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61

Hey DroptheGame,

The reason your image won't display is because you need to be Bronze status to display images directly in your posts.

Why not consider a Free money offer. This will give you lifetime bronze status and you will be able to also send friend requests and private messages.

Here's a freebie though.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/30ac6ye.jpg

Happy Fishing

Laz
      Hey Laz.

Thanks for offer but I already had one old account. It has same name as my sn in my grinding sites and I wanted to stay anonymous in the fields. So I already had pokerstrategy free $50 maybe 4 years ago and it would be unethical to get one new and I guess it would be breaking your site rules.
      Can I upgrade my account to bronze any other way?

Checked my yesterdays result from sharkscope.
      68 games
      +2200€

-------------------

Funny hand from yesterday, villan was bad and spewy. I tried to induce him on the flop and snap the shit of him if he goes allin, but didnt go as I planned. On the turn I still just dont believe him after that line.

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Player9 (13,355) 67bb
      UTG+1 Hero (7,990) 40bb
      MP1 Player2 (7,013) 35bb
      MP2 Player3 (10,000) 50bb
      MP3 Player4 (27,175) 136bb
      CO Player5 (10,981) 55bb
      BTN Player6 (18,318) 92bb
      SB Player7 (12,343) 62bb
      BB Player8 (7,077) 35bb

Blinds: 100/200 Ante 25

Pre-Flop: (525, 9 players) Hero is UTG+1 A:heart: Q:heart:
      Player9 calls 200, Hero raises to 600, 2 folds, Player4 raises to 1,000, 4 folds, Player9 folds, Hero raises to 2,100, Player4 calls 1,100

Flop: 8:club: 8:diamond: K:spade: (4,925, 2 players)
      Hero bets 1,000, Player4 calls 1,000

Turn: 2:club: (6,925, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Player4 bets 2,000, Hero goes all-in 4,865, Player4 calls 2,865

River: J:spade: (16,655, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 16,655
      Hero shows
      A:heart: Q:heart:
      Player4 shows
      10:club: A:club:

Hero wins 16,655 (net +8,665)

Player4 lost 7,990
      Player9 lost 225

----------

This is from random lowstakes tourney. IMO player 4 has very likely 4x or worse in this spot. Im not chopping pots with u buddy. Sometimes he even folds the best hand.

9 Players

Stacks:
      UTG Player6 (15,235) 15bb
      UTG+1 Player7 (1,500) 2bb
      MP1 Player8 (33,727) 34bb
      MP2 Player9 (8,734) 9bb
      MP3 Player1 (19,492) 19bb
      CO Player2 (31,025) 31bb
      BTN Player3 (12,320) 12bb
      SB Player4 (26,339) 26bb
      BB Hero (47,321) 47bb

Blinds: 500/1,000 Ante 125

Pre-Flop: (2,625, 9 players) Hero is BB 5:heart: 4:heart:
      Player6 raises to 2,000, Player7 calls 1,375, 5 folds, Player4 calls 1,500, Hero calls 1,000

Flop: 8:club: 8:spade: 8:heart: (8,500, 4 players)
      Player4 checks, Hero checks, Player6 checks

Turn: 4:spade: (8,500, 4 players)
      Player4 bets 4,000, Hero calls 4,000, 1 fold

River: 9:diamond: (16,500, 3 players)
      Player4 checks, Hero bets 41,196, Player4 folds

Final Pot: 16,500
      Hero shows
      5:heart: 4:heart:
      Player7 shows
      7:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero wins 98,892 (net +51,571)

Player4 lost 6,125
      Player6 lost 2,125
      Player7 lost 1,500

----------

Another miserable french player tried to own my soul. I almost feel bad for him as I snapped him off. :s_mad: U see this kind of plays so often on .fr sites, love it :f_love:

8 Players

Stacks:
      UTG Hero (29,294) 73bb
      UTG+1 Player1 (20,644) 52bb
      MP1 Player2 (23,650) 59bb
      MP2 Player3 (21,525) 54bb
      CO Player5 (19,365) 48bb
      BTN Player6 (30,514) 76bb
      SB Player7 (24,148) 60bb
      BB Player8 (32,475) 81bb

Blinds: 200/400 Ante 30

Pre-Flop: (840, 8 players) Hero is UTG A:spade: K:heart:
      Hero raises to 800, Player1 calls 800, 4 folds, Player7 raises to 2,600, 1 fold, Hero raises to 5,200, Player1 calls 4,400, Player7 calls 2,600

Flop: 5:spade: 5:heart: 6:club: (16,240, 3 players)
      Player7 checks, Hero checks, Player1 checks

Turn: 5:club: (16,240, 3 players)
      Player7 checks, Hero checks, Player1 bets 15,414, Player7 folds, Hero calls 15,414

River: 3:heart: (47,068, 2 players)

Final Pot: 47,068
      Player1 shows
      J:club: Q:diamond:
      Hero shows
      A:spade: K:heart:

Hero wins 47,068 (net +26,424)

Player1 lost 20,644
      Player7 lost 5,230

---

Woke up today at 3pm local time. Made already my pre session work out on the gym. Time to get some food and hit the tables now. Gl all at the tables
      Hoping that today will be as good as yesterday!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey DroptheGame,

There are two alternatives.

1) Sign up for one of our partner rooms. This will give you the 1 SP needed to be lifetime bronze.

2) Alternatively you can buy a points package. At the completion of your subscription, you would revert to bronze as well.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Laz
    • DroptheGame
      DroptheGame
      Bronze
      Sometimes variance in tournament poker is just absurd. I've been playing this format for about 4 years now and I still get confused how badly I really now the variance in this game. Today it showed the positive side of that. My game was little bit meh today. Never got my brains working on my A-game but still shipped 2 tourneys for 600€ and 2800€. That rungood feels just sooo good when you have been smashing your head in to screen for couple of months. Just what I needed. :f_love:

8 hours grinding today which included maybe 40-50 tourneys and some solid profit, couldn't be better way to start the weekend. So happy!!! I'll be back after 15th of July to set some long term goals and keep on grinding, until that I hope u the best of luck at the tables!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Nice work indeed !!!! :s_cool:
    • DroptheGame
      DroptheGame
      Bronze
      hellooooooo

Finally back home and I've been grinding hard... for two days :D
      with very good results! Yesterday shipped 2 tourneys for 1200€ and 300€ and today won ~2000€. I feel like my game is in very very good shape. Making the good decisions step by step. Obviously I've ran ridiculously good also :f_love:

---

This is from todays tourney which I won. Villain was pretty good regular.
      I had been playing LAG, horsing around. This is not something what I do very often but this spot was so juicy to turn my hand into bluff and villain was good enough to fold almost his entire range. (nobody makes this kind of c-r allin riverbluffs, always value) He left 100k behind him and tank-folded.

5 Players

Stacks:
      UTG Player5 (290k) 45bb
      CO Hero (233k) 36bb
      BTN Player2 (175k) 27bb
      SB Player3 (151k) 24bb
      BB Player4 (205k) 32bb

Blinds: 3.2k/6.4k Ante 800

Pre-Flop: (14k, 5 players) Hero is CO 5:heart: A:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to 13k, Player2 calls 13k, 2 folds

Flop: 9:diamond: 7:diamond: 5:spade: (39k, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Player2 bets 15k, Hero calls 15k

Turn: 7:spade: (70k, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Player2 checks

River: 3:diamond: (70k, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Player2 bets 34k, Hero goes all-in 204k, Player2 folds

Final Pot: 138k

Hero wins 478k (net +245k)

Player2 lost 63k

--

from yesterdays 10e finaltable

I haz pair, LOL POT ODDS I CALL. :s_confused:

4 Players

Stacks:
      CO Player3 (74k) 21bb
      BTN Hero (161k) 45bb
      SB Player6 (196k) 54bb
      BB Player1 (106k) 29bb

Blinds: 1.8k/3.6k Ante 450

Pre-Flop: (7.2k, 4 players) Hero is BTN Q:heart: 4:heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to 7.2k, Player6 raises to 18k, 1 fold, Hero raises to 31k, Player6 raises to 56k, Hero calls 25k

Flop: 4:club: 9:spade: K:heart: (117k, 2 players)
      Player6 bets 106k, Hero calls 105k

Turn: 3:heart: (326k, 2 players)

River: 2:club: (326k, 2 players)

Final Pot: 326k
      Hero shows
      Q:heart: 4:heart:
      Player6 shows
      J:club: A:club:

Hero wins 326k (net +165k)

Player6 collects 2.3k (net -160k)

I will visit now on weekend my friends from another town, no poker. Just enjoying the great summer weather while I still can! Should be fun, life is good!

• DroptheGame
      DroptheGame
      Bronze
      Sunday bloody Sunday.
      I'm back on the grind and literally sweating my ass off. Outside is so warm atm that it must be +30c degrees inside when i'm grinding. Although I need some €€€ and cant be on vacation forever so now its time to grind.

Starting from 27.7-31.8. i'm going to grind
      [ ] 750 tournaments
      [ ] work out & meditate before every session
      [ ] play at least 3-4 times in a week
      [ ] maintain my avg buy in around 20-30€
      [ ] keep my game in good shape reviewing videos and making my own
      [ ] EAT HEALTHY & CUT OFF ALCOHOL TO MINIMUM
      [ ] play your best game and don't worry, money will come

Already started today but couldn't get any deep runs, better luck next time I guess. GL GL
    • DroptheGame
      DroptheGame
      Bronze
      well hello boys and girls

everyday is the grinding day for me. Right now im very motivated to put large amount of effort and grind but results are f horrible. every day i got deep in the tournament that i could just look my monitor with this face:

but its okay, because i ran so hot earlier so this was kind of coming.

well just have to keep on playing my a-game as usual. lots of hours, heart and commitment! poker is still fun and as i said im very very motivated, so motivated that i will win at least 15k€ in next 3 months. variance is obviously huge in mtt's in such a short period but im pretty sure that with good game selection im going to make it.

grinding without music is BORING so im gonna share my latest mixes that i've been listening to when grinding:

https://soundcloud.com/anna-lunoe/diplo-friends-mix-20-april-2015

https://soundcloud.com/gin-kronic/gin-kronics-all-things-house-mixtape

https://soundcloud.com/thomasjackmusic/thomas-jack-presents-tropical-house-vol5-1

enjoy!
    • DroptheGame
      DroptheGame
      Bronze
      Sup pokerstrategy! its time for monthly review. I have to say it wasnt the easiest month but very happy how it ended. I got multiple deep runs in 50-100€ tournaments but couldn't close them. Always spewed or did something else stupid... finally last week i won 55$ for 4,8k$ and today 50€ for 2600€. Played also today some random 10e tournament where was added UB Open Cannes package and stone cold bubbled it :D w/e livepoker sucks anyway.

Starting from 27.7-31.8. i'm going to grind
      [ ] 750 tournaments 600 tourneys (fail)
      [/] work out & meditate before every session 50/50, did almost always some sports before session, I have to start practicing meditation 4real in September
      [X] play at least 3-4 times in a week
      [X] maintain my avg buy in around 20-30€
      [X] keep my game in good shape reviewing videos and making my own (I think i've never studied so much in 1 month, solid)
      [/] EAT HEALTHY & CUT OFF ALCOHOL TO MINIMUM 50/50 there was couple good parties that I just couldn't miss, had a blast so I don't really mind
      [X] play your best game and don't worry, money will come

giraffe (missing my todays trophy so can add 2600€ to result):

glall on september grind with big tournament series

I think i'll pass almost entirely wcoop due to huge variance but im very exited for winamax series, gotta ship a new champagne bottle (flex)
    • DroptheGame
      DroptheGame
      Bronze
      Some goals for september:

[ ] Play 1000+ tournaments
      [ ] improve your game and play well

I wont put any "Eating healthy, workout" etc. since it is quite standard everyday life now.

I've played couple sessions this month, losing littlebit. Also got some serious flu / influenza yesterday, which sucks. Hope i'll get better before WCOOP. I changed my mind and gonna take some shots and win a bracelet YOLO :rolleyes:

So this month will be some hectic shit with all the tournament series. Therefore I booked one way ticket to Berlin 30.9. with my friend. Gonna blow up some steams there and maybe come back to the grind or maybe explore some cool cities like Amsterdam, Barcelona after that.

Life is good, remember to enjoy whatever u are doing! GL