July Challenge

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      :heart: JULY CHALLENGE :heart:

Hi everyone,

here is my new challenge. I already write intro in my blog, so I will just copy there and paste here:

I need to improve bubble play in first place. I have way too much 3rd places and also a lot of 4th places. I will improve my bubble play, but I will also look for some spots when I was out on 4th to be sure that I don`t waste too much chips there and that`s whay I can`t much do on bubble.

Second thing is HU. I made big improvment on that area, but still it doesn`t show on my results. So whay I say big improvment? Because before I basicaly didn`t know what I was doing. Now I have very good game plan, which I still need to learn to master it, but as I say, now I know what I am doing and whay. So results will come. No worrys.

Third thing that I need to improve is my livestyle. Yea I again left out all activities, so this will be again on my goal menu. And also food. I start with zone diet but stop very quickly. I even don`t know whay. But now I will stick to it again. I won`t follow it blindly, so I will left place to eat some bad food, but more or less I will try to follow it.

:spade: Improve bubble play, so I will have at least 5% less 3rd places over 1500 games that I have in June
      :spade: Improve HU game, so I will have at least 2% more 1st places than 2nd
      :spade: run everyday for at least 30min - swim at least 200m/day on vacation
      :spade: eat at least 3 big meals with adding 2 snacks

I will also edit that post to get you informed how much games I played:
      - every :spade: is 5% of 1500 games which I will play that month
      - when I change :spade: into :heart: it means that I done 5% of 1500 games
      666/1500

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade:

It is much bigger then in last month, but this one will get my game in higher dimension. Now lets start it!

GL at tables!
  • 18 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Best of luck!

With a large volume goal, it might help to break it down into 30 daily goals.

So 1500/30 would be 50 a day.

But just in case you miss a day, or something else happens, I suggest using 25 and aim for 60 per day -- this way you can take breaks without falling behind.

Best of luck!
      --VS
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Best of luck!

With a large volume goal, it might help to break it down into 30 daily goals.

So 1500/30 would be 50 a day.

But just in case you miss a day, or something else happens, I suggest using 25 and aim for 60 per day -- this way you can take breaks without falling behind.

Best of luck!
      --VS
      Yea that is something to take in mind. I was very bad with that last month, so I will definitely try to do from 50-60 games/day.

And I have also day job (working at nights ;) ) that's whay i should organize my time very well.

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I am still at my vacation destination, so I basicaly just doing on my game. More or less just bubble. I play only 17 games, also because I multitable less tables. Now I am at 8. Also because my laptop have much shorter screen then my monitor at home. But I won`t play more then 10 tables, so I will be able to take more attention to what`s happening at the tables.

But what is happening to me in HU is realy weard. I can`t win anything. I know I making mistakes, but still this is silly. from 8 HU games so far I won ONLY 1. WTF!? But yea 17 games is no sample. So will see where I will be after 500 games. Will be interesting.

Pace you can chase in my first post as I will be editing it constantly.

Here are stats, place % and graph from July:

GL at tables!
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Keep on working your play. Maybe you have just run bad when get to HU(?).

Gl! :)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

It was a while since I update that challenge last time. I am realy on thiny with my time. Barely find some. So I decide to update blog and challence once a week or if something interesting happen.

My volume is awful, but I put a lot of time into improving game and first results already shows. My coach tells me that game plan is much better in HU and this is very important to me. So I will be able to step up pace soon.

At the moment I am in Celje, because my mom have birthsday so I and my sister will buy a present for her. And I write from my phone. Because of that I will post stats and graph when I get back home.

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

As I promised here are stats and graph from July:

GL at tables!
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      Good luck with the challenge!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by anduke
      Good luck with the challenge!
      Thanks! Will do my best. :f_wink:
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      I like a lot that you used 1st half of the month to mostly study and not grind. This way your game plan for HU is going to be better and will reflect with future ROI once you get ITM.

I am not however happy that rest of the month you will play 100 or so games a day :)
      This is good for challenge, testing your boundaries, pushing and motivating yourself to grind harder but I simply don't recommend it right now.
      I prefer you play 50-70 games a day , 6-8 tabling , having time to make all the decisions then to do 12+ tables 100 games a day and be on autopilot. Once all the bubble and 4-6 ICM things are finished with, you can play confidently 12 tables and expect ROI from 5%+ pre rb, which is when we can comfortably move to 7s to crush them also with higher ROI.

Just my 2 cents but I leave the final decision as you know always to you - if you want to play 100 a day go for it :)

GL!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      I like a lot that you used 1st half of the month to mostly study and not grind. This way your game plan for HU is going to be better and will reflect with future ROI once you get ITM.

I am not however happy that rest of the month you will play 100 or so games a day :)
      This is good for challenge, testing your boundaries, pushing and motivating yourself to grind harder but I simply don't recommend it right now.
      I prefer you play 50-70 games a day , 6-8 tabling , having time to make all the decisions then to do 12+ tables 100 games a day and be on autopilot. Once all the bubble and 4-6 ICM things are finished with, you can play confidently 12 tables and expect ROI from 5%+ pre rb, which is when we can comfortably move to 7s to crush them also with higher ROI.

Just my 2 cents but I leave the final decision as you know always to you - if you want to play 100 a day go for it :)

GL!
      Yes you are right. Also my primary goal and what this challenge is all about is that I become better at 2 things in which I am currently the worst. HU and bubble.

So I will take your advice. Will graind at least 50-70 games a day, 6-8 tabling.

Also wanna say about my time management, because it is essential for that challenge and basicaly for all other that I will have in future. At the moment my work takes me a lot of time. Not work as it self, but I need to ride to it for about 1h in one direction, so this basicaly means 2h a day. I think that time is most unuseful in my life. 2h a day, means 12h a week as I work 6 days /week. How I will make it useful? By making short sound clips and listen to them while I am driving to work. They will be about my game plan, nash ranges, etc. I know that I can`t depent only on that, because my concentration must be also on road, but when I listen some sound clip over and over again, I start to remember things. This definitely won`t move my game in the sky in one week or so, but it will help me to get known at least something, so it will be easier when I will study "properly".

Also food. Preparing, cooking and washing can also take some time, so I will be looking for quick prepared meals when my girl won`t be able to cook. And with that I don`t mean that I will go for burger or something similar, but probably I won`t cook meals that take long preparation. Will stay in "Zone". :f_wink:

For now those 2 things I will try to improve so I will get more time or spend it better. And those are obligations that I have during the day:
      - Breakfest
      - Running
      - Snack (one after I runn, one before I get to bed)
      - Poker (playing, learning, writing blog/challenge - not every day)
      - Lunch
      - Work
      - Dinner (at work)

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Learning part of that challenge is going in right direction. Some results are already show, especialy in HU. Bubble is still very bad at the moment, but from next week on I will be working on that area very hard. I working on it now also, but my focus was more on HU game.

It also seems that I always run into better hand when I shove, but I WON`T tell that this is reason why I am so bad on bubble at the moment and why my results are not better. Working on that area will show results as is shows my work on HU.

Pace is much better than it was at the begining of the month, but still I am not very happy about it. But as Pedja says in his previous post, improving is more important at the moment and when I get better I will be able to step up and grind much more. 1500 is still a goal untill the end of the month.

Ok here are stats and graph from July:

GL at tables!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      gl sir!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      gl sir!
      Thanks FFRRAANNKKIIEE!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Phoenix has finally risen from the ashes. I just finished very nice session:

Much, much better play from me. Constantly active thinking, talking to myself what to do, what I wrote in asigment about bubble and what to do in HU. And I realy need to say big thanks to my coach, because he explains things very well and gave me very usefull asigments. Thanks Pedja! I just need to keep studying and playing and everything will be superb.

Tomorow will be grinding day, so I am looking forward to it. Hope my concentration will be at similar level, so I will be able to report about another good day. Also I need to get volume. But I won`t add more tables. I find very comfortable playing 8 tables and have enough time to think about tough situations. So this mean that I will be playing all day. :f_cool:

Here are stats, places and graph from July:

GL at tables!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Glad you had a crushing day!

Keep in mind that sample is still very small and not efficient however days like this one show the type of ITM distribution we want long term.

Like you said "I just need to keep studying and playing and everything will be superb"
      Couldn't agree more with this, keep up the hard work and things will fit in all the right places!

P.S. You welcome, I am more than happy to help you out :)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Last 4 days variance hit me prity hard. Can`t do much. I even don`t know when my QQ hold when I go all-in PF (15 pushes PF and -849 in chips). Or opponent have KK or AA or they hit there outs. But that is poker and that must happen. I am aware of that, so it doesn`t hurt me too much.

- last 4 days:

Still I think my game last 5 days is much better then it was before that, but for some results I will need to wait till end of the month, when I will have at least 1k games.

Also my PT4 have some errors. Yesterday I left without a HUD for last 10 games and today I saw that it didn`t import all of my tournaments. So I think graphs and stats are not correct.

Here are graph, stats and places from July:

GL at tables!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      In next 1-2k games once you reach total ITM between 36 and 37% I expect you to have minimum 3-4% ROI.
      Lets also consider couple important factors

- Micro/low stakes have weaker opponents (more fish) therefore higher ITM is attainable
      - Higher ITM means higher ROI automatically
      - Your game has improved for sure in last month and imagine in next 4-8 weeks where you will be? (2-3% more ROI long term minimum!)

Overall with decent sample of 2-3k games total ITM should follow and you will have strong ROI ready to move up to 7s easily - I am positive of that.

Keep up the good work !
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

What to say at the end? It was interesting month. I was trying to play at least 1500 games. but I fail. Also I made -$122 but I was manage to put my game on higher level. Now I feel way more comfortable at HU and I am better on bubble. That`s why I am disappointed that I did not put as much volume as I should. So next month this will definitely happen. I have still a lot of work to do, but I fill progress and this is important on the long run.

I was after 2% difference in HU and manage to get 1%. Also I was after 5% less bubble places than in June and manage to get 2% difference. But those are all results with way less then 1500 games.

Here you can se my place distribution in June and in July:
      June:

July:

I know that I can do better and I will, so next month will be really interesting. A lot of things will happen, so all of you are welcomed to my new challenge, which will start approximately in about 35min. :f_p:

See you there and have a nice day/night and GL at the tables!