This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Rake Question

• maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am wondering if it is better playing at a small poker site with soft competition, but pay higher rake than Stars?

According to PTR rake analysis for NL 6 max, 10nl Stars' rake is 10.02bb/100 hands and an ipoker site is 14.4bb/100 hands.

Generally speaking, most small poker sites usually do have more weaker players. I witnessed this first hand when I played for some time at 888.

The thing is though, are the players at the smaller sites that much softer than players at Stars that you will make up a 4ishBB difference per 100 hands ?
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, maythany
      I think that there are too many variables.

How would you tell which was better -- you would need a large sample on each site.

I even wonder how they determine what the rake is in BB/100, since your VPIP influences that number considerably. Postflop aggression enters into the number too.

On the site where you got those numbers, do they describe the methodology?

Peace,
      --VS
    • manosellas
      manosellas
      Bronze
      :D