Heads-Up Sit and Go

• ferretboy69
      ferretboy69
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've taken my free money on Sky Poker and started to play heads-up sng's, I know it's early days I'm only playing £1 or £2 games, but I like the game a lot; Sky Poker seems very fishy and is definitely very soft at these levels.

One guide I read online suggested that whilst there can be massive swings in this type of game; however if you can become a strong player that there is a lot of money to be made too.

It's a real shame HM2 isn't supported with Sky Poker I think Sky gets slated quite often unfairly as does 888 poker; I like them and find the sites quite fun and beatable.

Open for discussion.
  • 5 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi ferretboy69!

What type of Heads Up sngs do you play? I am playing the HU hypers and in case you need some help considering strategy or variance, I think I can be in help. As for HEM2 not supporting the site-it's bad, but it has also advantages. It's gonna attract a fishier opposition.

Best of luck!
    • ferretboy69
      ferretboy69
      Bronze
      Been playing mainly regular hu games, is there a benefit to changing to hypers/turbo's?

I'm eager to learn whatever I can!
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      I would say so-turbos, hypers can give you higher volume and presumably higher hourly winnings. However, swings are gonna be bigger also, so u need to be properly set mentally. If u have a specific question about strategy in hypers- feel welcome to ask.
    • Sawzi
      Sawzi
      Bronze
      Can I have a question using ur thread? :D

I just played about 10 HU S&G against loose passive fish.Still only managed to win 3-4 of them? His play was really obvious (73/9/1,4), hardly ever raise on button, never oop. Calls almost every bet (=no bluffing) and bet really low until river.

Ofcourse they say that wait for made hands and then value bet, as I did but I found it hard to make hands against him (possibly rly bad run for me) and more than often he payed my value bets and got better hand on turn/river. On these 10 s&g he made 6fullhouses, 5 trips(3 of them with 2/3 cards from flop). He had good run and luck ofcourse, but it shouldn't make me lose 7 out of 10. What the hell am I supposed to do against these players? Is 10 games possibly just so high variance that he won by luck? Or is there some good advice u could give playing these loose passive fish? lol thx
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi there!

And ofc you can use this thread. And also-10 games is no sample. You can drop 10/15 BIs like nothing. It's hard to do so in HU games, especially in the regular/turbo format. It shouldn't happen often, but it will happen. And it's absolutely possible that loose fish you played against just run hot for 10 games and that's it. It will happen to you as well. Your flush will always complete and he's gonna have a straight or lower flush, you hit full house, he hits trips etc etc.

Vs these type of players-that call a lot preflop and are stationary post-I opt to have a higher limping range(they usually play very straight-forward in limped pots), value bet thin-like 3 barrel second pair, or bet 2 pair on 4 to straight. Or even cbet twice with Ax when you feel he's chasing draws/calling worse. Also-reduce your bluffing range and cbet less on drawy type of boards. F.e. I will still cbet dry boards like A74r or K32ss, or T43. Also-maybe he doesn't fold on 1 bet, but will fold on a second-tripple barrel. Which makes a cbet on 456 type of board very bad, but given the possibilities for you to barrel and him to fold-it becomes great. F.e. a lot of players will play fast their weak top pairs such as 6x on this flop, so if he just c/c, you put him on some draws/mid/third pair and can barrel him off easily on good turn/river run out(overcards).