Awful Beat

• JohnSmith14
      JohnSmith14
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

I know this is a bit depressive but I have been so unlucky playing poker (in every context: online, face-2-face, even with friends) that I developed the idea that I am the unluckiest poker player ever!

In case you are thinking, yeah another addiction traditional case, please consider that I haven´t invested a single dollar of my own money in poker for more than 5 years...

To start this section, let me share with you one of my latest "traumatic" experiences. SNG 6 players $2.20 double up (carbon poker). 4 players remaining. I am in 4th place close to the 3rd. Big blind on the 3rd, I am in small blind. Other two fold before me.
      My hand: pair of 8. I go All in. The 3rd guy calls me with: 4s-10s
      The cards: A J 5 A J

Nice hein?

Please share with me your unluckiest moments in online poker.
  • 5 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnSmith14
      In case you are thinking, yeah another addiction traditional case, please consider that I haven´t invested a single dollar of my own money in poker for more than 5 years...
      you're fine then
    • ipeaceonu
      ipeaceonu
      Bronze

Opening this thread!!!!!!!!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I know this is a bit depressive but I have been so unlucky playing poker (in every context: online, face-2-face, even with friends) that I developed the idea that I am the unluckiest poker player ever!
      Hi, JohnSmith14,
      Well, it may well be that you are the unluckiest poker player ever. Somebody has to be :coolface:

However, what we call "luck" evens out over time -- a long time.

The feeling of being "beaten before I even start" is crippling to a poker player though.

I suggest working on your mental game, and for that there are a lot of resources around here.

Do a search in the forum subjects for "Jared Tendler" and have a look through his Q & A thread. Lots of stuff in there.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

To start this section, let me share with you one of my latest "traumatic" experiences. SNG 6 players $2.20 double up (carbon poker). 4 players remaining. I am in 4th place close to the 3rd. Big blind on the 3rd, I am in small blind. Other two fold before me.
      My hand: pair of 8. I go All in. The 3rd guy calls me with: 4s-10s
      The cards: A J 5 A J

Nice hein?

I remember when I used to be like you, I used to think the same.

Now however after reading tons of articles, watching video's & submitting hands for evaluation I have seen an upturn in my fortunes.

If you love poker, stick at it & I'm sure you will come good.
    • schmoeJoe
      schmoeJoe
      Bronze
      You have to remember that sng's carry a lot more variance. If that's mainly the format you play, make sure to get accustomed to it.

Like Vorpal said, it evens out. But you don't even have to think about it. You just have to work on your skill and know that one hand doesn't sum up all of you as a player, thanks to our little friend called variance. :s_grin: