Is full tilt any good for novices?

• Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      I am planning on moving my bankroll from partypoker to full tilt since it has NL10 SH tables and I just like it much much more, it's something new, I am so bored of party poker, but I just wanted to ask if there are a lot of fish on low limits as on party poker, are those games on full tilt easy beatable for a decent thinking player, is there much difference between FTP micro stakes and partypoker's ?
  • 7 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Well there are 2 points about NL10 on ftp.
      1. There are lots of tables and lots of juicy fishies. You can really build a bankroll from these but on the otherhand u will get sucked out on a bit.
      2.NL10 on ftp has doublerake. 10% rake on the NL10 tables is hard to take at times. BUT and this is a big BUT. On FTP you get rakeback and you get so much on NL10 it probably covers the extra 5% and it always gives u that incentive for when u move up becuase then u will probably cover the rake totally.

anyway hope this helps

ps. the bonuses are really easy to clear (but rakeback is deducted from them i thing)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Don't play on any tables with 10% rake even with rakeback. A solid 3PTBB/100 SSS player on Party PokerNL10 becomes a barely breakeven player on FTPNL10 and a marginal winner is turned into a loser.
    • camicio
      camicio
      Bronze
      I don't understand people saying that 10% rake isn't that bad because you have rakeback. There are plenty other poker rooms that give rakeback and you could play there paying half as much.
      Definitely don't play NL10 on fulltilt.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      can't agree more, avoid Full Tilt if you want to play NL10, plenty of other rooms give the same or even more rakeback (almost all rooms give some sort of deals that are rakeback equivalent even if its not direct rakeback like on FTP) on NL10 with only a 5% rake
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      i was just saying that it makes it a bit more bearable. The best site to play for him would be Pokerstars probably. Lots of fish and 5% rake!
      and btw, in 3 weeks of moderate playing there ive made $70 and got $13.55 in rakeback yesterday
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      I don't play SSS, only BSS shorthanded, I have almost got the bankroll to play NL25, I just want 40 buy-ins 1st not to go down to NL10 after a downswing as happened to me the 1st time I climbed to NL25. On Nl25 rake is normal? Thanks for comments guys.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      yep NL25 rake is 5%.