Best Poker Hand You've Folded

• 12 replies
    • Paakjis
      accidentally - straight flush, drunk at tournament, live.

otherwise, probably full house against other possible full house - in this case don't matter details, after huge amount of hands it happens time to time and as I am grinding micros sng, I don't really pay attention of these things.
    • danutz123
      I've folded aces early position on the bubble of a tournament where I had a middling stack, there were 3 call-happy monster stacks and 3 ultra-short stacks behind me and the prize pool consisted of 10 tickets of equal value. I figured that the chances of getting my aces cracked was greater than the chance that at least one of the short stacks would bust when the blinds got to them.

Other hand was in a tournament, I raised with Ah3h, button called and flop came 10h 9h, Jh, c-bet called and the turn was Qh. Nitty villain donked turn for 1 1/2 pot. I had enough of a stack to give room to play and a fishy table and I was sure that a push was coming on the river. I put him on AK with Kh or 78 of hearts.

I've only ever folded boats where it's filled with my small pair (trips on board) and there is an A or other likely card on board.
    • rompas
      a low str8 flush when i was pretty sure he had a higher...
    • c0nstrictor
      highest flush by accident
    • jmchezka
      four-of-a-kind aces

i got two aces and checked. i really don't raise during pre-flop. one A shows up during flop so i raised. another A shows up on the river so of course i'll raise again. i don't want to go all-in as it might make the other players fold. i really want them to call so the bet will be bigger. unfortunately while raising, i ran out of time and i got folded automatically.
    • pufikaz
      Flush of a kind

It was arround 4am in the early morning and i was too tired to even play poker anymore, it seemed meeningless and even boring but i still kept thinking wether i should call all in or throw the cards, but the risk was too big of a higher flush
    • Metamorphis
      Folded a full house by accident in a NL5CD tournament before the draw after 2 raises. I had something like AAA55, I kinda had to double up as well and it was near the bubble. Two big stacks that had been taking stabs at each other now and then had already re-raised each other and as I was moving the mouse above the buttons I hit the left click by mistake and folded... I felt fucking horrible, both of them changed 1 card each as well. One of them got a ace high flush, but the 3-bet guy that changed 1 card already had quads so it turned out pretty well.

I've probably done worse folds by mistake as it happens a couple times a month. But this is the only one that stuck with me because of how lucky I was, due to that ''bad fold'' I got far in that tournament as well.
    • YohanN7
      Nut full house on an AAA board can be an easy fold, especially in Omaha, but also in Hold'em. Also, I have once not 3-bet (or was it 4-bet, can't remember) AAAA in 7-stud on seventh street.
    • CoreySteel
      I'm pretty sure I folded FH vs (potential) quads many times before. I'm not folding anything better than that ever :)
    • KingKas
      Hero (BB) gets dealt K :spade: 9 :club:

SB posts 0,5 bb, BB posts 1 BB.

UTG raises all-in to 103,5bb,fold, fold, fold,fold Hero ???

Villain has 5/4 vpip pfr. I thought a little and then snap fold, because theres not much which can 2bet shove and often I just see myself dominated or behind. At best I flip vs 22.

PS: I'm awesome
    • CreamyGoodness
      I don't fold very much, thats why I came to

But I did make a guy fold quads in a live game once. We were playing with wild cards and he thought I had a straight flush. He showed his hand, and I showed the nut full. It was awesome.
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I used to keep track of the flops I hit after I folded pre.
      The "F2F" in my name originally stood for "Face to Face", but after a while it came to mean "Folded too Fast".

The only one I remember is Q:d9 and the flop came 8:dT:dJ
      (and I probably remember it wrong -- but I flopped a SF anyway).

I don't keep track of that any more. I eventually trained myself not to pay attention, but it was hard.