freeroll poker

• 5 replies
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      Freerolls are just there to encourage people to play on the site, and give a small amount back to people who spend money on the site.

Don't play on Star's but are the freerolls on there not quite generous as it is?

It would be far better if sites cut back on rake for players > as opposed to increasing freeroll prizes. In fact, most sites should cut back on freerolls and definatly make those who don't spend any money on the site (via rake) ineligible for freerolls.
    • eidikos
      eidikos
      Bronze
      its a joke freeroll prizes in this site for the noumber of the players.
      they are the 1stt site and they dont care
    • StartlingGrope
      StartlingGrope
      Bronze
      When I first started playing poker a million years ago I played the freerolls on Party Poker. It helped me to learn basic strategy and I liked the idea of winning cash for no risk, even though I never got past the minor money places. About three months later I took down first place in an invite only freeroll that had 260 entrants. The tournament started at 9pm and the last hand was dealt at about 6.45am. I was delighted with my win but it literally dawned on me that the time invested in freerolls just wasn't worth the effort if I was ever to make any sort of money at the poker tables.

I don't agree that freeroll prizes are too small as you are risking nothing and the site takes no risk whatsoever. I also understand from personal experience what it's like to be desperately short of money. If I had to deposit $100 now it would be no big deal for me now but back in my freeroll days I was unemployed and struggling to find my next meal, let alone money for poker.

That said, if you don't like the payout structures of freerolls then finding a deposit, even if it's only $10 or $20 or so, is easily your best option (and this doesn't even factor in new player bonuses available almost everywhere). Play the $0.50 and $1 tournaments and you'll get a standard payout structure and you'll probably also improve your game. If you really need to protect your roll from the beginning then play the $0.10 tournaments.

If you want a shot at free money it's ridiculous to complain that it doesn't suit you when it arrives. If you want to play poker and have a good structure then you're just going to have to put money on the table like the rest of us.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      I love getting out a happy trigger finger on freerolls!
      Your money for nothing and chips for free!
    • bettingstation
      bettingstation
      Bronze
      love to play freeroll