[NL2-NL10] AA vs Multiple others (SSS FR NL10)

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      This hand recently got me thinking of lots of questions, would appreciate peoples thoughts, especially coaches. At the end of the day, I guess I was just unlucky. :(

Background:

Playing NL10 FR SSS

Had only recently joined this table (3x hands ago in BB) and had just doubled through on BU the hand before. As I was now in CO was going to blind out freeplaying, which is the only reason I was still in with a stack of $4.35 (having joined with the sss $2).
      Not included player stats as only 3 known hands for everyone, so distorted/no real value.

Known players:
      SB:
      $8.10
      BB:
      $10.95
      UTG+1:
      $2.00
      UTG+2:
      $22.15
      MP1:
      $1.75
      MP2:
      $1.85
      MP3:
      $3.65
      Hero:
      $4.35
      BU:
      $2.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , A:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.50, BU raises to $2.00 (All-In), SB calls $1.95, BB folds, MP3 calls $1.80, Hero raises to $4.35 (All-In), SB calls $2.35, MP3 calls $1.65.

Flop: ($14.45) 6:diamond: , 4:heart: , 2:spade:
      Turn: ($14.45) T:heart:
      River: ($14.45) 3:diamond:

Final Pot: $14.45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (As Ah)
      MP3 shows three of a kind, tens (Tc Ts)
      BU shows high card king with queen kicker (Ks Qs)
      SB shows high card ace with jack kicker (Ad Jd)

MP3 wins with three of a kind, tens (Tc Ts)

Questions:

1) Having achieved the upper SSS stack limit ($2.50), should you continue to blind out for free or should you leave immediately to preserve the existing gains?
      I've always blinded out for free, but now not so sure.

2) If you do blind out, should you continue to play SSS Starting hands or even tighten up further to e.g. AA & KK only to help preserve your higher than average stack?

I've tended to tighten to AA/KK only in the past.

3) In this particular example, I get multiple re-raises & calls behind my original raise (& a previous min raise in front), should that concern you with AA (i.e. people suking out a set or draw), or as you have the nuts, should you just try to get all your money into the pot?
      I've always thought the latter and this seems to be backed up by the strategy guides.

4) When someone in front min raises (0.10 to 0.20), do you treat this as a raise or as a call. Seem to recall from a coaching session that it was treated as a call?.
      In my haste I did the latter and raised 3xBB+1 (0.50), whereas if treated as raise, should be 3xraise (0.60).

5) Could I have done anything else different in the above example or was it just bad luck?

Thanks in advance & sorry for long winded explanation, but this has happened to me on a couple of occasions, so would like to iron it out, especially point 4).

Many thanks,

Bart.
  • 7 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Just Equilatored....

http://www.PokerStrategy.com
      Operation completed... 1,086,008 games processed in 0 seconds.

Board:
      Dead:

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 17.826 % 17.759 % 0.269 % 81.972 % TsTc
      Player 2: 62.107 % 61.657 % 1.034 % 37.309 % AsAh
      Player 3: 13.966 % 13.899 % 0.269 % 85.832 % KsQs
      Player 4: 6.100 % 5.651 % 1.034 % 93.315 % AdJc
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I stay after doubling looking for something like this before the blind reaches me, you have to get the money in , i mean , ACES!!!!
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      1) It's a good deal to blind out.. you've paid for this round of hands, so you might as well play them =)

2) If you're good with post-flop bigstack strategy, you can play all the hands normally. If not, tighten up to QQ+, which is simply ahead loooooads of times.

3) No way.. AA is THE nuts pre-flop. You can be SURE you're ahead pre-flop. So just try to get all your money in asap.

4) Minraisers = limper. However, I recently heard Ingolsaying something. You treat a minraiser as 2 limpers, since he's betting 2BB. So in this case you should've raised to .60 (4BB + 2BB for the minraiser).
      Another example: If you had 1min raiser and 2 people called the minraise, you'd raise to 10BB (4 + 2 minraiser + 2 caller1 + 2 caller2)

5) Just bad luck.. don't worry about it. You simply can't fold the rockets, mate. =)

Very nice hand ;)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      You were unlucky man ;)

I never fold AA after double up even KK (lately i made nice profits with getting those hands and got all in). I maybe fold AK and QQ but not against fish raiser :D Those are premium hands. Lately i was really lucky that after double up i got them and got action and didn't get sucked out so my bankroll got unbelivable bbooooooooooossssssssssssssssssssttttttttttt ;)

You were unlucky especially having against 3 opponents more than 60% equity. You will take that money next time ;)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thanks for your supportive comments guys, sounds like I'm not doing too much wrong (except clarification on limpers, raisers etc.).

Anyone else concur with these thoughts or disagree/have alternative thoughts at all?

Can we get clarification on point 4) in the OP please?

Maybe Max or one of the other coaches will take a look later on during the week when they get a spare moment.

Thanks again folks

Bart
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      1) It's a good deal to blind out.. you've paid for this round of hands, so you might as well play them =)

2) If you're good with post-flop bigstack strategy, you can play all the hands normally. If not, tighten up to QQ+, which is simply ahead loooooads of times.

3) No way.. AA is THE nuts pre-flop. You can be SURE you're ahead pre-flop. So just try to get all your money in asap.

4) Minraisers = limper. However, I recently heard Ingolsaying something. You treat a minraiser as 2 limpers, since he's betting 2BB. So in this case you should've raised to .60 (4BB + 2BB for the minraiser).
      Another example: If you had 1min raiser and 2 people called the minraise, you'd raise to 10BB (4 + 2 minraiser + 2 caller1 + 2 caller2)

5) Just bad luck.. don't worry about it. You simply can't fold the rockets, mate. =)

Very nice hand ;)

thanks for spelling out my thoughts :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Many thanks, will adjust my play accordingly. :)