Can't register from the sunday storm if you qualify from satellites

• 12 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      You mean un-reg? :D

News to me too.
      Yep, it's new and it's staying.

There's a big thread about it on 2p2. I don't see what the huge fuss is. The Sunday Storm is the softest MTT on the planet and everyone should play it anyways :P
    • NutzAreOk
      So you can`t unregister anymore if you have a ticket from any FPP-satellite?
    • tonypmm
      No, you can't :( Play MTT tickets ( to Hots / Omanias) instead.

I can't really blame Stars for this rule because it's been in place on euro networks for ages and protecting satellites from reg-infestation because far not everyone can find a stake for the target tourney. The Stars rules were too good to be true, but everything that's good for regs comes to an end sooner or later.

The Stars MTT staking market should become juicier from now on, dayum, I envision people selling @0.95 just to exchange FPPs :f_cool:
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      What happen if you earn more then 1 ticket to the target sunday storm?
    • bogstratos
      This is a reply form pokerstars to someone on 2p2 who asked about this:

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

We are sorry to hear that you disappointed with our decision. We have been making changes to FPP satellites which prevent unregistration from the target tournament. If a player wins an FPP satellite, the seat won will be must-play. If the player wins a second satellite of any type to the same target event, the player will receive T$ as usual.

This is not yet in all FPP satellites, but we expect this will be accomplished by 14 July, 2014 and this will be a permanent decision.
      So apparently after you win one sat, every other sat awards T$.
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      thank you bogstratos for your answer!
    • Pilks7
      So apparently after you win one sat, every other sat awards T$

Haha, what?? So just do all your T$ grinding in one single week then..
    • LemOn36
      I guess I need to play that storm donkament from now on
    • Lazza61
      Hey guys,

A PokerStars representative has posted this on 2+2:

Over the last two months PokerStars has gradually introduced a requirement that FPP satellite winners must play the first seat won to a given target. We are now reversing this change. By Monday, 21 July, winners of FPP satellites will be able to unregister from the target once again. Before that time, you will be unregistered upon request if you write to and request it.

Please note that this reverting of recent policy change does not include satellites which finish after the target begins, or "Mega-Path" satellites, which will continue to lock winners into the target in the same way that they always have.

There are two reasons for reverting this change at this time:

1) We’ve encountered a software bug on mobile devices that causes the warning message not to appear.

2) The goal of this change is to ensure that satellites are achieving their intended purpose, to help players qualify for tournaments that they might not otherwise play. However, the change had an additional substantial, but unintended, negative impact on the value of VIP rewards for a subset of players.

We plan to revisit this initiative in the future at a point when we feel comfortable we can achieve the desired goal without negative impact. More directly, this means that within the next year it is likely that satellite winners will be required to play in the target (or similar) event, but we will implement this in such a way that FPP redemption value will not be as significantly impacted, and we will fix the mobile bug prior to making the change.

Mike Jones
      PokerStars Tournaments Team
    • metza
      Awesome Lazza, that's great news, it was a terrible change for all non-supernovas as exchanging the $T was by far the best way to get $ back from FPP
    • mute20
      No more reload bonuses then this its harder to justify keeping my roll on pokerstars. The site is still the best, but choices like these are really trying to get rid of regs.