Ahk Scripts

• 9 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Shane...
      What room?
      The best I have been able to do is to read the hand history, calculate from there.

I don't use the script because since it uses the HH, it suffers from the following:
        Shows stack size at beginning of hand only
        Does not show stack sizes for players switching in to table until at least one hand played.
        Reading HH file while poker client & tracker software attempting to do the same thing occasionally caused conflicts.

Now I just use the "M-Factor" stat in HM2, and show the stack size in BB in a popup.

All the best,
      --VS
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi shanesmith,

I'm not any sort of expert at this, but in Pt4 the hud will show stacks in bb, at least in SnGs and MTTs on Poker Stars.

If it's any other room, tracker or game I'm afraid I won't be of much help.

I'm pretty sure someone will know though :)

Have fun,

Mal.
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Hey guys thx for the replys, i use PT4 but the BB,s dont update till after the previous hand, i play hypers and sats and ia,m missing alot of spots were the blinds go up and the BB doesnt update so its no showing my affective stack at *that* time - i play on pokerstars.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by shanesmith
      Hey guys thx for the replys, i use PT4 but the BB,s dont update till after the previous hand, i play hypers and sats and ia,m missing alot of spots were the blinds go up and the BB doesnt update so its no showing my affective stack at *that* time - i play on pokerstars.
      Hi, shanesmith
      Yes, that is exactly the problem that the AHK script will face, since it, too will only be able to determine your stack size from the last entry in the hand history. It CAN get the change in blind levels from the title bar of the table, though, so maybe something can be built to update the BB the instant that the blinds change.

How many tables at once?

--VS
    • delahoz76
      delahoz76
      Bronze
      Hi VorpalF2F, I want to know a little bit more about the script you describe, I am not looking for BB but for Position, and the HH story reading is really useful for me, would you please tell me something more about the script, thanks.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      The tool is "Autohotkey" (AHK)
      With this tool, you create hotkeys, hotstrings and the like.
      It has vast capability, though, in that it gets "under the hood" of windows, and allows you to manipulate a lot of window aspects.

For example:
      whenever I type "ps" followed by a space (or other word boundary marker) it is immediately replaced by "PokerStrategy.com" -- you can see how this would be helpful for a mod.

AHK is free and open source.

Another example: If I press Alt-0 I get a menu showing the active windows position elements. I can then press keys 1-8 and instantly move that window to any of 8 positions on the two monitors.

It does not take great programming skill to write these scripts.
      AutoHotKey has an active support forum, and an excellent help feature.

As for what shanesmith is trying to do, AHK can read text files easily, and it has within it the ability to pull data from them.

The problem with using an aid for these two tasks is that they are things that you can train yourself to know instantly you look at the board.

The human brain is actually better at these things, since we can make allowances for empty seats and so on.

If you're interested in AHK, download it and explore the tutorials.

If you have any Qs, post them on the Computers and technology forum.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      I play 8+ tables at a time - ive took the 30 day free trial of stars helper, wich takes away the chip stack and replacers it with BB stack and updates after everyhand, so i have found what i have been looking for but not in a AHK script.

Thankyou so much for trying to help me with my query VorpalF2F - much appreciated.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, shanesmith,
      Does stars helper update the stack immediately when the blinds change?

If I'm not mistaken, HM2 (and I presume PT4) can also show BB and M Factor in the HUD or a popup, but I think both of those only update at the end of a hand -- whereas when limits go up, they go up AFTER the last hand's HH as been written.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      yes vorpal it updates immerdiatly :)