What poker room do you sugest

• 17 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      We have a dedicated thread for this, where you can tell people what exactly your looking for and an expert will find the room that best suits your needs.

In my personal opinion, Pokerstars is the best poker room by far. 888 might also be worth checking out if you're a beginner, since the competition is relatively soft. In the long-term, though, I still think Stars is the best choice.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks Harrier88 :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      PokerStars

/thread
    • poliux
      poliux
      Basic
      I mostly prefer Full Tilt Poker :)
    • NoLimitsForMe
      NoLimitsForMe
      Bronze
      I think the easiest to start with will be Pokerstars. Very clear and no blinking and so on. Good luck!
    • macaco2
      macaco2
      Bronze
      Pokerstars - best software and best traffic :heart:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by NoLimitsForMe
      I think the easiest to start with will be Pokerstars. Very clear and no blinking and so on. Good luck!
      Hi, NoLimitsForMe
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

Are you playing on PokerStars?

What games & limits do you play?

Why not take a moment to Perhaps you could take a moment to introduce yourself?

Best of luck.
      --VS
    • ShawnlovesShawn
      ShawnlovesShawn
      Bronze
      PokerStars is the way to go brother! Even if you don't have money to deposit, there site is #1 because of the freeroll tournaments they host. You can also expand your poker horizons there with razz, omaha, 7 card stud, 7 card stud hi/low, & different mixed game tournaments. If your can make it to the end of one of these tourneys you have a chance to compete for a $2000 prize pool! Happy days n happy plays!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by ShawnlovesShawn
      You can also expand your poker horizons there with razz, omaha, 7 card stud, 7 card stud hi/low, & different mixed game tournaments. If your can make it to the end of one of these tourneys you have a chance to compete for a $2000 prize pool! Happy days n happy plays!
      I could not agree more.
      Don't forget FL 5-Card Draw!
      It is a great way to build a bankroll. Just play following the guidelines on this site.

For a deeper look, check out the 5-Card Draw chapter in The Education of a Modern Poker Player by three pokerstrategists.

I have been playing the stars "astronomer" freerolls for quite some time, and cashed in far more than my share. I've even cashed in a Hold'em freeroll (the Hubble).

The players weed themselves out tremendously fast. For the more obscure game, most players don't even know the rules. It is not unusual to see people in NL 2-7 Single Draw open-shoving straights and flushes.

There are two main tricks:
        Don't play trash. In there early stages it is not uncommon to see 5, 6 or even more all-ins. Don't bother.
        Once you have an average stack, don't waste it. Play tight-aggressive like you would a cash game. Remember that in these tourneys 1st is the same as 48th -- everyone gets the same. Don't bust out 5 from the bubble if folding gets you a ticket.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • Brdjan
      Brdjan
      Bronze
      For beginners 888 is good choice since it has softer field
    • Tor3l
      Tor3l
      Bronze
      what platforms should i be playing poker,being a rokie?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Tor3l
      Read the first post of Choosing the right Poker Room for you! then add your own reply to that thread following the instructions in the first post.

Someone will recommend a room for you.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • tommaciula
      tommaciula
      Bronze
      Hi,the best poker room I choose Winamax,because I play with tablet,it is many games in this app,in others mostly just cash games are. But Poker888,PokerStars are good too,but they don't have much games,that is in win platforms,so Winamax,PokerStars and Poker888arebest for me,try them.Good luck :f_cool:
    • raydoyle
      raydoyle
      Bronze
      save your money and find a less frustrating hobby. pokers boring now, especially holdem
    • luckySerb
      luckySerb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tommaciula
      Hi,the best poker room I choose Winamax,because I play with tablet,it is many games in this app,in others mostly just cash games are. But Poker888,PokerStars are good too,but they don't have much games,that is in win platforms,so Winamax,PokerStars and Poker888arebest for me,try them.Good luck :f_cool:
      PokerStars dont have much games???
    • hesaf
      hesaf
      Bronze
      PS and FTP and pitty that FTP only has cash games on tables...
    • tightfish19
      tightfish19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raydoyle
      save your money and find a less frustrating hobby. pokers boring now, especially holdem
      So true, it's not funny.