"It's Not Easy" - Football film (Liberia).

• sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      Hi all @ ps.com - I hope this isn't against the rules of the forum, and if so please accept my apologies, but my friend has produced an amazing film about a Liberian "ex-child-soldiers" football-team called the "Millennium Stars", whom he has worked with in the past and tried to help.

He is currently writing up the book of the story, and I really think his dedication and efforts deserve a wider audience, so please take the time to watch the film if you can, it is a poignant tale, and provides a 'reality-check' to the oft cited view that football is the answer to all of life's problems.

http://naughtonmedia.co.uk/its-not-easy-film/

My friend is far more 'wordy' than myself, so I will let his words describe it better for you:

Why is the Millennium Stars story important?

[B]Firstly, it’s a great story of human effort to overcome adversity: hope and disappointment, war and peace, truth and opinion, life and death, and above all, humour.[/B]

One of the main lessons is that football – like any other vehicle – is not a foolproof answer to any of the world’s problems. Anyone who thinks you can start a sports project, run it for a couple of years, then leave its participants to thrive, will face the same harsh truths that we have.

Hope people enjoy the film, and please feel free to leave any comments/feedback
      (sensible ones only please) you may have.

Many Thanks,
      $heriff.

ps: be sure to activate 'captions' as the lad's accents are quite strong, and may be difficult to understand for some.

pps (MODS): I was unsure whether this belonged in the 'sports' section, as it is not strictly speaking about sport, so I placed it here, but neither would I describe it as 'small-talk', so if there is a more fitting place please feel free to relocate. thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, sherriffatman,
      As you may have seen in our forum principles we don't allow self-promotion but since this is not yourself, is not a competitor, is free, is non-poker related, I will leave this here for the moment.

I've asked the ninjas to look it over though.

As for where to post it, I think "Small Talk" is the right place.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      not exactly the blaze of response I was looking for there, but hey-ho - I guess people are too busy grinding/enjoying the summer - not to worry
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by sherriffatman
      not exactly the blaze of response I was looking for there, but hey-ho - I guess people are too busy grinding/enjoying the summer - not to worry
      Did the hit count on the film go up?

I have it on my "to watch list" -- but that list is LOOOOOONG.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      I'm not sure tbh with you Vorpal - it is at 442 views just now - but even if just one person checked it out via here tho', then that can't be a bad thing I s'pose.
      Cheers for allowing, and yeah, my 'to-watch/read' list is ridiculously long also! :D