HUSNG content

• Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      I was wondering if we could offer some more content on Heads-up SNGs in the future. So far, the only strategy article I'm aware of is this one, which is relatively basic. Other than that, we seem to have mostly videos on the topic, and I believe most of them are about hand analysis.

I've often heard that HUSNGs are a potentially very profitable format, so I think it would be nice to have some more articles on the subject that deal with the theoretical aspect of the game.
  • 3 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello Harrier88,

You are indeed correct in your observations. We also don't have a planned HU SnG specific article for the immediate future.

Heads up in general is very opponent dependent and it's hard to make pure theory videos.
      That being said, many of the Strategy Articles already apply to HUSnG as well - it's a simplified version with only 2 players. Early blinds HUSnG play a bit like a cash SnG, with the mid and late levels playing similarly to a final table in a normal SnG - with a lot of resteals and pushes and little postflop play.

Again, the crucial step here is to adapt to your opponent, that's why most of the user wishes are for live videos or session review that show it in practice.

Best,
      Kamen
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      i can assure you that post-flop is played much more 20bb HU than you imagine.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hmmm...
      Pretty much all Blind-vs-blind discussions apply well to HU play.

At least I pretend that they do.

But then, I don't play HU much.

Cheers,
      --VS