Facing triple barrel pot with overpair [NL 10 6max]

• VISHMASTER
      VISHMASTER
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Is this standard? should I have folded the river?

iPoker - €0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): €11.60
      BB: €14.95 (VPIP: 46.67, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)
      CO: €8.47 (VPIP: 26.32, PFR: 15.79, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 20)
      BTN: €11.57 (VPIP: 41.67, PFR: 29.17, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 24)

Hero posts SB €0.05, BB posts BB €0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.15) Hero has T:club: T:heart:

fold, BTN raises to €0.40, Hero calls €0.35, fold

Flop: (€0.90, 2 players) 3:club: 7:heart: 6:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets €0.90, Hero calls €0.90

Turn: (€2.70, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets €2.70, Hero calls €2.70

River: (€8.10, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets €7.57, Hero calls €7.57
  • 11 replies
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      you are not giving us any reads here !??

vs unknown at n10 it was very light call down ...you should fold to his pot bet OTT
      there is a ton of better hands in his range starting from better over pairs ..ending in fullhouse and 45s /trips... and nobody is betting like this with worse like A7..

so fold the turn cause you are more likely gonna face a big river bet that you should fold to it...
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      feels like a fold on the river. his river bet is "nuts" or nothing, probably nuts - looks like QQ+. and look at his 4x open on the BU lol
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      if villain is a reg, i'd say that he's a smart exploitative player :D
    • VISHMASTER
      VISHMASTER
      Bronze
      Thanks guy ,

No reads here. Just know he plays 40$ VPIP over very small sample.
    • RakeWhore
      RakeWhore
      Basic
      3bet pf. As played, f river, you could have raised the turn.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Calling preflop is a lot worse than 3betting. You should never call 4bb in the SB, 3bet is almost always better. With TT it surely is best to 3bet.

Rest of the hand is good. River is close, I'd tend to fold, but bluffcatching is alright.
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      I think opennig 4x at nl10 is a tell that he has a monster ...I think it is true more than 80 % of the time...

So when you 3bet you will face a 4bet a lot that you have to fold to it...

So calling to set mine with TT here is surely +EV...and you can peel once OTF

So the chances that he has a monster is much higher than he is a monkey aggro that open 4x and potting all the way blufff AT NL10 !

This is 100 % exploitetive at micros

Lnternet Is right as optimal play
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jackwilder077
      I think opennig 4x at nl10 is a tell that he has a monster ...I think it is true more than 80 % of the time...

So when you 3bet you will face a 4bet a lot that you have to fold to it...

So calling to set mine with TT here is surely +EV...and you can peel once OTF

So the chances that he has a monster is much higher than he is a monkey aggro that open 4x and potting all the way blufff AT NL10 !

This is 100 % exploitetive at micros

Lnternet Is right as optimal play
      i disagree that 4x on the BU is monster.. try 3betting those stupid opens a few times and see what happens - i'm sure you'll find they fold quite often actually.

agree that calling to setmine with TT is definitely +EV, but is it the highest EV?
    • RakeWhore
      RakeWhore
      Basic
      4BB open is not a "monster", especially not from BTN, it's more of a fishy steal then a monster hand. People tend to hide their AA/KK/QQ type of hands, especially bad players, they love slowplaying it. TT folds out a lot of random hands with an overpair that could outhdraw you, and i wouldn't be so scared if i get 4bet, on some occasions you can even shove.

Also people tend to open 4bb with 66-TT with this thought process " Please don't call me with shit and crush my pp ". For some reason, they love PP's and they think that 88 is a really massive hand pre flop.

On the other side, an argument could be made that people who got their aces crushed lately start opening 4BB's thinking how now, fish won't call them with the same type of hands they call 3BB's open.

So yeah , 3b pre , if you get 4b , shove or fold depending on their stats. Try making your poker decisions be easy, especially at the micros, no need to level yourself with idiots.
    • Suboptimal88
      Suboptimal88
      Bronze
      As someone suggested it could possibly be better to 3-bet TT pf.

river call is unexploitable therefore you dont lose money , any fold in this hand would be exploitable , if you think you can make more money with an earlier fold then go with it , without reads its an easy call.

Also the board is all low cards , these boards are VERY hard for the opponent and you to do much when both of you have wide ranges in LP , actually calling Ace high on the river in these boards could be unexploitable too (i know its crazy) even though only when the ranges are wide , if you dont overplay these boards with your best hands then you will end up burning a lot of money.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jackwilder077
      If he has a monster 80% you should just fold preflop, not call.