HM2 vs PT4- Your vote is requested

• piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Hi all.

I'm about to spend my life's savings on a licence and I would like to know what people think about these two tracking softwares.

I've done the trial for HM2 and now and doing the trial for PT4. I was 99.9% sure I was going to buy HM2 but yesterday I tried PT4 and it doesnt look that much of a underdog. My favorite thing is the notes system, IMO it takes better notes than HM2 but it's then 1st day so....let's see.

So if I can count on the comunity to participate, I'm sure will be usefull to others when facing the same decition.

Please state wich Software is your favorite and at least one reason.

Thks in advance and GL to all
  • 9 replies
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      I'm using HM2 for a very long time now, at first it was ok but after a while I really wanted to switch to PT4 due to the insane lags HM2 has. It crashes very often also freezes that make poker software freeze as well. Overall I would go for PT4 even though I haven't tried it myself (pokerroom I'm playing on isn't supported by PT4) but from what I have heard the functionality is pretty much the same but at least it doesn't lag that much.
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      def PT4, only thing why would I want to get HM2 is notecaddy, but everything else is better in pt4
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      HM2 has more filters built in for analyzing your game and it is easier to analyze your database with HM2

but I am not saying that PT4 doesnt have them ...but in HM2 it is slightly better

PT4 display HUDs in a much faster and smoother way than HM2

so Hm2 need much stronger PC to preform the same way

in the end they both have the same Features but it needs a little effort to search in the internet to help you use all the Features (that you dont need them all at the beginning)

So I have both of them ..but I am using PT4 for displaying my HUDs cause it is much better (faster ) on my PC ram 6 GB / core i5
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I much prefer PT4.

Basically they are almost the same except for how they look, aaaaand:

HEM2 has better range of stats and filters.

PT4 has a much better HUD editor.

I love that you can actually design your HUD properly in PT4, the PT4 hud editor absolutely smashes HEM2. Since the stats that are not in PT4 can be imported or created as custom stats, I'd say this makes PT4 a clear winner for me.
    • Paakjis
      Paakjis
      Bronze
      I want to trade licensed hm2 for pt4, seriously.

I believe this say's all :D
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      PT4 is preferred over HM2 due to the HUD editor, way smaller lag and my little weakness for writing custom stats. I'm not using the Note Tracker / Notecaddy functionality yet, though.
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      Thks to all for your reviews. I'm leaning to PT at the moment.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Although we are biased, we believe you should download both trials and decide for yourself which application you prefer. Choose the right application for your personal playing workflow, be happy that you have a choice! Nobody else can tell you which app is best for your in-game experience, you should choose for yourself.
    • Post removed