PT4 Crash, then cant open before reboot

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      I concider myself as a bit of a geek, and therefore im not really proud of asking this, but i have a problem on my pc.

After it has been on for random amt of time, it starts to do crashes. It is not only PT4, it is also google chrome that crashes, and cant be reopened before a reboot.

Was starting up a session, and after i got on waitlist on a couple of good tables, and was sitting of 5-8 tables with fishes, my pt4 crashes.

1 thing im gonna do, is take a screenshot of the task managers processes, and then leave task manager open (after the crashing starts, i cant open taskmanager either, hell i cant even reboot or shut down the pc, i have to do it on the button on the pc) and then take a screenshot when it happens, so i can see what causes this. The thing is, i pay 100$ every year for a useless antivirus, so it SHOULD not be that.

So im just hoping anyone has encountered this themselfes? I use win8.

Its not that vital, since it isnt that often it happens. But it DOES. Not every day. But now im getting sick of it.

So instead of grinding, im gonna sleep. Thanks in advance if anyone has a creative idea on what i can do that doesnt involve format c:
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi martinemem,
      You've probably checked these already, but...
        Anti-malware up to date?
        Disk space OK?
        Running as administrator?
        Patches up to date?
        Temperature? At this time of year, computers can easily overheat
        What does the event log say? Specifically thinking about disk errors

What OS are you running?
      How much RAM do you have?
      What else is going on at the time? Streaming video, watching a coaching or listening to music can all cause performance problems.
      What is your browser? Chrome sometimes doesn't close processes and needs to be killed.

There is a command like utility called psKill that does a nifty job of killing processes when task manager won't open. psList is the companion that lists running processes.

If you google them I'm sure you'll find them.
      They are not officially supported, but Microsoft has them available for download.
      They work with W7 -- I have no idea about W8.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      The amt of trolls is unreal. I found the error that seems to be the one causing it every time in the event log - thanks!

So when i go to microsoft page, it says:

Page Not Found
      9681 out of 38764 rated this helpful

This is actually so funny it made my day :D

Here is the details for the error:
      Details:
      AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery-protokol.

To me it looks like the BSOD without the blue screen.

That error however only occurs after this one:

Access settings are application-specific does not Local Enabling access to the COM server application with CLSID
      {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
        and APPID
      {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-afc4-AB702511C276}
        to the user NT AUTHORITY \ SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (via LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (N). This security permission can be modified using the administration tool for component services.

Wednesday last week, i got the error above around 6400 times.
      I know it states smth about administrator, but im not so sure i want change that, since it might shut down for a reason though.

However i found this french guy that found out that its because of a update in may from win8 that causes this. So maybe i can just recover from may. But how will i know which update to download then?

http://answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/win-81-bsod-%C3%A0-r%C3%A9petition/2f93912d-d67a-409b-9b18-421bc502084f?page=3&auth=1

Microsoft aka amateurs.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, martinemem,
      Google the Eventlog Event ID.

You should usually get a bunch of hits on MS forum posts or knowledge base articles.

You could also go through the update log and find out which updates were installed in May, and research those for side effects. The KB article associated with each update usually contains a section of possible side effects.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • RichardPK
      RichardPK
      Basic
      I think my partner and i managed to get a good picture regarding how This works. when i am interested because the we never knew how programs similar to this, such as It further expensive one, in 2010 work, on what principles. right now we think my partner and i apply for a rough picture.