Refugee from Dutch forum

• vandeuren
      vandeuren
      Bronze
      hi all,

been a pokerstrategy member for 2 years now, i was mainly active on the dutch forum, but it seems to have died out lately and some that do stick around have become very disrespectful and rude. So I guess I'm kind of a refugee here :)

I play mainly zoom cashgames now, in the past I was more of a tourney fan
      I had a blog on the dutch forum, which I will translate and put online here soon for y'all to see.

I hope that this forum will be a more friendly environment, where people can have rational discussions without feeling personally offended when someone disagrees with them.

I'm sure it was just a case of a few bad apples, unfortunately the dutch moderators were unable or unwilling to change this situation. Luckily, there is also this forum, where I suspect the level of conversation will be a bit more mature and advanced. I'm looking forward to learn from you all and participate in discussions on fora here
  • 8 replies
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Hi vandeuren & welcome to EN forums! :)

Originally posted by vandeuren
      I hope that this forum will be a more friendly environment, where people can have rational discussions without feeling personally offended when someone disagrees with them.
      Behalf of our mod team I can assure you that we keep conversations clean here. Although very rarely we have to do that because members keep things clean themselves. Enviroment here is really good.

I`m glad that you decide to stay at PokerStrategy despite what you described.

If you have something in your mind, please don`t hesitate to ask. :)
    • Trommelboy
      Trommelboy
      Silver
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk

Behalf of our mod team I can assure you that we keep conversations clean here. Although very rarely we have to do that because members keep things clean themselves. Enviroment here is really good.

Do you really think the Dutch mods banned him a while for no reason?
    • DonkeyDirk
      DonkeyDirk
      Silver
      You got banned from the dutch forum because you did disrespectful towards players that played on unibet. Called them lolsite players and even when mods asked you to stop insulting them in a thread you made about "respect" you kept going. Furthermore most people disagreed with you and you could not handle that. This is the only reaction i am going to make but it makes me sick that you only tell half the truth here and act like the dutch forum is dying.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I can't pass comment on anything regarding other community forums for obvious reasons, but as long as a member is respectful and helpful and follows our forum principles (see link below),

Our forum principles

they will be very welcome here in the English community.

Regards all and have a great time here!

Mal.
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Trommelboy
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk

Do you really think the Dutch mods banned him a while for no reason?
      I have to say also something about this. I`m not aware what have happened in Dutch community since I have never visit there and if I would, I would not understand a single thing what you guys have talked there since I don`t understand your language. :)

Best regards
      Nutz
    • vandeuren
      vandeuren
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      I can't pass comment on anything regarding other community forums for obvious reasons, but as long as a member is respectful and helpful and follows our forum principles (see link below),

Our forum principles

they will be very welcome here in the English community.

Regards all and have a great time here!

Mal.
      You can rest assured I will follow the tournament principles :)
      I am a bit surprised however my "stalkers" have suddenly found the way to this EN forum too, but I am just here to talk strategy and am sure I will have a great time doing it
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Hi, I've been playing for some time but never reached gold status =(
    • vandeuren
      vandeuren
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Hi, I've been playing for some time but never reached gold status =(
      What games do you play? And on which site?
      I got my first gold by grinding NL2 zoom on stars every day to get 10 bonus points daily, and in august there is a level up promo going on, so be sure to look that up if you wanna get gold status, there is really great video material if you are into that, so if you want, you can be gold in september :)
      good luck at tables