Moving to 1/2 SH!!

• ratex
      ratex
      Bronze
      Hey FL players!

This week I'm planning to move to the $1/2 SH games at Party. I'm playing up to 6 tables and my total BR is around $950. I'd like an opnion about which BR should I have to get before this move.

I really would like to have a safe BR for this limit, because I think I have problems when I have to come back a level... But in the same way, I would not like to be restricted playing the 0.5/1 SH for too much time.

Thx!
  • 8 replies
    • ambjorn
      ambjorn
      Bronze
      I would say you need a bankroll for atleast 20-25 buyins. But if your ready for the higher limits go for it.
    • ambjorn
      ambjorn
      Bronze
      Miss click
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I'd say take on 1/2 with 1200$ BR so that if you get a downswing right away you won't be that bother with it. Above that I'd suggest 1000BB BRM so that those big swings don't effect you so much psychologically. But it's up to you.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      If you think you can beat the game, just go for it. In my experience 1/2 isn't really a lot harder than 0.5/1, but you have to get used to the double betsizes a bit.

Make sure you move down in time though, it's not shame if you have to move down, and it happens sometimes.
    • ratex
      ratex
      Bronze
      600 BB = $1200

I was thinking to move after reach this BR, Dippy19. But I maybe it's a good ideia to play some few hands there to get the feeling, with a $1100 BR.

As you play 1/2 on Stars, could you tell me the avarage swings that you normally face?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Use a BR that you feel comfortable with. I'm happy with 500BB untill I reach 10/20, even though it means I have to move down from time to time. If you can't handle such things you should use a bigger BR.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ratex
      600 BB = $1200

I was thinking to move after reach this BR, Dippy19. But I maybe it's a good ideia to play some few hands there to get the feeling, with a $1100 BR.

As you play 1/2 on Stars, could you tell me the avarage swings that you normally face?
      Well, my first experience with 1/2 wasn't really a pleasant one, neither was the second one, but to be honest, I really sucked back then. Make sure that you don't give your opponents too much credit, but neither too little.

I suggested that BR, becouse of my mindset, I just don't like moving down and one number less in the br count has a bad effect on my game :D

About swings, I think my worst downswing when I moved was ~200BB, but I'm not sure. Now I'm 9-tabling it for the last few days and I get swings of 75-100BB daily, but that's probably becouse of many mistakes I make(side effect of multitableing:/)

But, like Yoghi said, use a BRM that you are comfortable with, if you don't like dropping down be more conservative, if you don't mind dropping down use a more aggressive BRM. And yes 1/2 is a fairly easy limit to beat ;)
    • ratex
      ratex
      Bronze
      Ty guys, I have this same terrible mindset. i'm goingo to move when I reach $1200 :evil: