Suspicious support

• Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      Gary Hi, my name is Gary. How may I help you?
      You Hello
      You It seems that my power points are no longer accumulating
      Gary Hi I can check this, can I have your pets name and email on your moneybookers?
      You why would you need that?
      Gary security on your account
      Gary to confirm who I am talking to
      You I already provided my real name and email
      You that should be enough
      Gary I am sorry but it is not I cannot proceed if you cannot confirm these questions
      Gary Would you like to continue with this chat? your session will expire in 30 seconds
      You no
      Gary has disconnected.

Are these kinds of questions standard? Would you give your email and security question to Gary?
  • 8 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      not to gary, he's a known liar.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Yes, these questions are standard. Otherwise everyone could just type in your name and email address and claim to be you.

Every customer support I have ever contacted, whether it was poker related or not, worked that way.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      My evil twin has been freed!
    • rompas
      rompas
      i never answered this kind of a question at a poker room,, if you was at moneybooker support yes, but at a poker room i would never tell this answers, strange in my eye
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      Yes, these questions are standard. Otherwise everyone could just type in your name and email address and claim to be you.

Every customer support I have ever contacted, whether it was poker related or not, worked that way.
      This.

I don't blame you for being suspicious though.

You could have tried asking him to ask you for a different security process.
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      He's just asking the POKER SITE's security question and your registered payment method's e-mail address. That's pretty useless if he was trying to scam you.
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answers
      I ended up talking with support again and found out it was due to recent changes in point system. I didn't tell security question or email though
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by rompas
      i never answered this kind of a question at a poker room,, if you was at moneybooker support yes, but at a poker room i would never tell this answers, strange in my eye
      Have you ever talked to a live chat of any iPoker room? It's a totally standard security question, designed to prevent trouble in cases when someone else takes over the user's computer after the user logs in. Leave alone that it's possible to converse in a live chat without even logging in (which facilitated my withdrawal after Paddy abruptly pulled out from Russia, not allowing to even log in).