This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Let's see where I can get [Heads up SnG]

• MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

It has been a while since a had a blog. In fact I stopped playing entirely for almost a year. I was a poor student back then and I managed to quit college and get a great job in IT. I thought "I don't have to play poker now, I get good money from the job" (ok it's not that good) and that's true....

lifetime stats:

Note: I won some rush mtt for 2100 USD but it was when Sharkscope didn't track Full Tilt...

obviously I don't HAVE to play ....but recently one of my friends asked me to teach them how to play, so we were talking about poker a lot and I realized I kinda miss it.

So I deposited 30 bucks to play my all time favorite format: HU SnG (non hypers). I tried hypers in the past, but then switched to turbos and reg speeds, because I enjoy them a lot more...

I don't have that much time to play, so the volume sucks big time now, but at least I am running ok: (it's a mixture of levels 1.5-7 and both turbos and reg speeds)

During those 70 games I checked that I still know how to play and that on levels 1.5-7 the game is still easily beatable (1.5 are LOL)...

Now I would like to set some goals:
      :heart: have fun playing :heart: (don't force myself to play, when I am not in the mood....after all poker is not my only source of income now)

:heart: get a comfortable roll for 7$ SnG AND 10.5 KO MTT heads up :heart: (I could just make a deposit, but I want to make the roll by playing. The KO heads up tournaments are great, I love them, I won it like 4 times in the past, several ITM. The structure is great and players are weak most of the time)

:heart: post hands to the forums :heart: (I still have a shi*load of leaks, at least I think so)

Up to this point I kept switching between the stakes, but I want to start taking it more seriously (kinda the whole point of this blog obv).

Current stake: 3.5 Turbo
      Target stake: 7.0 Turbo (Target roll: 150 USD)

Starting roll: 30
      Current roll: 95.11

OK that's it for now, wish me luck ;)
  • 7 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there and welcome back to blogging! :heart:

I have played only a mini volume's worth of snGs and no HU, but I am pretty sure you must be very good to beat the opponents and the rake together, so, you must be very good then!

I think this might be an interesting blog, we don't get a lot of this format, it should educational.

I hope you do enjoy you game to, it's the number one thing needed for real success imo.
      Oh and good luck to your friend!

Best regards,

Mal.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      One more husng champ in making, can't miss that. :)

Hi Mike, and welcome to blogs!

I'm in for the journey, keep us updated!

Kind regards,
      Fran
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Definitely following since I`m about to try some HU SNGs too. :)

Gl!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk
      Definitely following since I`m about to try some HU SNGs too. :)

Gl!
      Glgl to you too then :)
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Good luck with the tilt control, which is one on the hardest things to do when it comes to heads-up SNGs, at least in my expericence :f_biggrin:
    • MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      Hi, thanks for all the replies guys! :)

ok I have reached finished first hundred of SnGs...

Since my previous post I am breakeven, last 30 games were mixture of coolers, bad beats and my mistakes (+ I broke the "have fun playing" rule one day), but still ROI is ok, if I could maintain this number over larger sample I would be very satisfied...on the other hand it is a mixture of three BI levels, so it doesn't really say anything about how I did...next hundred games will be one level (probably 3.5s)

btw I got lucky in the football fever promotion + one other thing, so I actually have little over $140 in the cashier now. I have 20 BI for 7$ level, but I will now still continue with the 3.5$ and get more confidence there before I move up....

So my goal for next several days:
      :spade: 100 games on 3.5 level :spade:

GL to all of you, "see" you next time :f_cool:

Threadsaver:

You thought there is a hot girl in bikini, didn't you? ok maybe next time :]
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Nice looking graph. :) And what a cute pic. :f_love: