Let's see where I can get [Heads up SnG]

• MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

It has been a while since a had a blog. In fact I stopped playing entirely for almost a year. I was a poor student back then and I managed to quit college and get a great job in IT. I thought "I don't have to play poker now, I get good money from the job" (ok it's not that good) and that's true....

lifetime stats:

Note: I won some rush mtt for 2100 USD but it was when Sharkscope didn't track Full Tilt...

obviously I don't HAVE to play ....but recently one of my friends asked me to teach them how to play, so we were talking about poker a lot and I realized I kinda miss it.

So I deposited 30 bucks to play my all time favorite format: HU SnG (non hypers). I tried hypers in the past, but then switched to turbos and reg speeds, because I enjoy them a lot more...

I don't have that much time to play, so the volume sucks big time now, but at least I am running ok: (it's a mixture of levels 1.5-7 and both turbos and reg speeds)

During those 70 games I checked that I still know how to play and that on levels 1.5-7 the game is still easily beatable (1.5 are LOL)...

Now I would like to set some goals:
      :heart: have fun playing :heart: (don't force myself to play, when I am not in the mood....after all poker is not my only source of income now)

:heart: get a comfortable roll for 7$ SnG AND 10.5 KO MTT heads up :heart: (I could just make a deposit, but I want to make the roll by playing. The KO heads up tournaments are great, I love them, I won it like 4 times in the past, several ITM. The structure is great and players are weak most of the time)

:heart: post hands to the forums :heart: (I still have a shi*load of leaks, at least I think so)

Up to this point I kept switching between the stakes, but I want to start taking it more seriously (kinda the whole point of this blog obv).

Current stake: 3.5 Turbo
      Target stake: 7.0 Turbo (Target roll: 150 USD)

Starting roll: 30
      Current roll: 95.11

OK that's it for now, wish me luck ;)
  • 7 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there and welcome back to blogging! :heart:

I have played only a mini volume's worth of snGs and no HU, but I am pretty sure you must be very good to beat the opponents and the rake together, so, you must be very good then!

I think this might be an interesting blog, we don't get a lot of this format, it should educational.

I hope you do enjoy you game to, it's the number one thing needed for real success imo.
      Oh and good luck to your friend!

Best regards,

Mal.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      One more husng champ in making, can't miss that. :)

Hi Mike, and welcome to blogs!

I'm in for the journey, keep us updated!

Kind regards,
      Fran
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Definitely following since I`m about to try some HU SNGs too. :)

Gl!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk
      Definitely following since I`m about to try some HU SNGs too. :)

Gl!
      Glgl to you too then :)
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Good luck with the tilt control, which is one on the hardest things to do when it comes to heads-up SNGs, at least in my expericence :f_biggrin:
    • MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      Hi, thanks for all the replies guys! :)

ok I have reached finished first hundred of SnGs...

Since my previous post I am breakeven, last 30 games were mixture of coolers, bad beats and my mistakes (+ I broke the "have fun playing" rule one day), but still ROI is ok, if I could maintain this number over larger sample I would be very satisfied...on the other hand it is a mixture of three BI levels, so it doesn't really say anything about how I did...next hundred games will be one level (probably 3.5s)

btw I got lucky in the football fever promotion + one other thing, so I actually have little over $140 in the cashier now. I have 20 BI for 7$ level, but I will now still continue with the 3.5$ and get more confidence there before I move up....

So my goal for next several days:
      :spade: 100 games on 3.5 level :spade:

GL to all of you, "see" you next time :f_cool:

Threadsaver:

You thought there is a hot girl in bikini, didn't you? ok maybe next time :]
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Nice looking graph. :) And what a cute pic. :f_love: