This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK Fold, Correct?

• Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) -

MP ($2.45)
      CO ($6.40)
      Button ($4.45)
      SB ($4.25)
      Hero (BB) ($10)
      UTG ($8.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , A:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Button calls $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.65, UTG calls $1.25, Button calls $1.25. Pot: $5.00

At this point, i'm putting UTG player on AQ or TT or below, JJ above i think he would have reraised as well as AK. to be honest i forgot about the button.

Flop: ($5) Q:heart: , 2:diamond: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $3, UTG raises to $6.50 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero folds Pot: $14.50

Because of my previous thinking, i fold to what i think is a pair of queens and decide its too much to call to draw a king (ace being dead)
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would raise more pf since you will be oop, you want to win pf if possible I think. Or you want to go allin pf against loose players.

They seem kind of loose when they call your raise, only cbet if you are pretty sure they can fold here. I read somewhere that its not good to cbet oop against 2 opponents, specially if they are loose or stations.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i am inclined in flating more preflop then 3beting unless against unknown because i supose he has a fairly tight range utg
      as played after utg calls the bet i am not cbeting here and i give up if i dont hit . any bet comits us
      gl