Becoming better poker player

• Aedivh
      Aedivh
      Bronze
      Hello guys,
      So I decided to start a blog. I've got a lot of free time right now and I'm gonna use it to play poker. I hope it will help me progress by seeing my mistakes and getting some advice from other players :s_grin: .

Some background:
      I've been playing cash games on ftp until it got shutdown. Since then I haven't been really playing poker. Knowing that a lot of things have changed I'm gonna start playing on PS at 5NL.

Goals:
      For now plan is to start with 500$ using first deposit bonus. I'm gonna move up when I have 55BI for the next level or down if I drop below 45BI.
      I'll be playing 4 zoom tables, around 5 hours a day + some hours learning/reviewing sessions.

~750 vpp a week
      ~40$ a week from depositor bonus
      ~10$ a week from stellar rewards
      ~100$ a week just from playing
      ~avoid tilt, stop playing when I drop below 3/4BI? in a single session.
      Don't know how I'll spend FPP yet.

Probably gonna start playing next month. If everything goes the way i planned I should be moving up (25NL) at the beginning of September.
      If you have any questions or suggestions like I should change my goals etc. Please don't be afraid to ask/tell me. I really wanna now what you think.
  • 1 reply
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Aedivh,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

I think you've made the right choice. When you come back from a long break, the limit you played has become a lot tougher to beat. Plus the strategy for playing NLHE profitably is constantly evolving.

Make sure you check out the free money. At some stage you'll need to upgrade your status to get at some more advanced strategy and videos and just taking advantage of one gives you automatic lifetime bronze status which opens up more of the site for you.

Plus once you have a tracked room, it is easy to get silver status under our 10SP bonus promotion. Earn 1 SP in a day (between .25c and 40c rake) and we will give you 10 bonus points. 9 days = Silver. A lot of our PokerStars grinders use this system to maintain and upgrade their status as they see fit.

If you have any questions at all, then please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards

Laz