This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] FR NL10 SSS AKo Push or check-fold?

• Tomohawked
      Tomohawked
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.14
      BB:
      $2.31
      MP1:
      $1.85
      MP2:
      $9.94
      MP3:
      $13.92
      Hero:
      $1.85
      BU:
      $10.03

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.61 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BU calls $0.60, 4 folds.

Flop: ($1.55) 8:spade: , 9:club: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25 (All-In), BU calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.05) 3:heart:
      River: ($4.05) 7:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Ac Ks)
      BU shows a pair of queens (Qh Qd)

BU wins with a pair of queens (Qh Qd)

First of, the SSS says to bet 2/3 of the pot against one opponent. In this case this is more than half so it's correct to go directly all-in instead. The cold caller in this case I've noticed to play many tables and seems like a decent player. So in this case I felt as if they would have pocket 10s+ with position waiting for a good flop.
      With this in mind, should I have check folded instead?
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Tomohawked

A Push here is mandatory and gives you the most profit!, Even when he calls you , you arent drawing dead + he also can call you with overcards as well in which you are dominating him.

Well played and don't mind about opponents on NL10, players there are just bad.

- Gerv
    • Tomohawked
      Tomohawked
      Bronze
      Thanks Gerv for the quick response and reassurance that i'm playing correctly.

Yeah some players on NL10 are basically throwing their cash away. :D
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi Tomohawked

A Push here is mandatory and gives you the most profit!, Even when he calls you , you arent drawing dead + he also can call you with overcards as well in which you are dominating him.

Well played and don't mind about opponents on NL10, players there are just bad.

- Gerv