HM2 freezes

• Chymera
      Chymera
      Bronze
      Hy!
      My problem is that HM2 starts to freeze during the game. My first thought was that maybe I was playing too many tables and my computer can not handle this performance but today it frozed on just one table, making me sit out every single time. I did yesterday a database maintanence but nothing changed. I use HM2 for a few months and never met this problem. Any ideas are really appreciated!
  • 6 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Chymera,
      What are your computer's specs?

Do you have anything else running in addition to the poker room and HM2?

What poker room?

Next time this happens try restarting the HUD.

Let us know how it goes...
      --VS
    • Chymera
      Chymera
      Bronze
      Hi Vorpal!
      I have a Pentium dual core 2,9GHz with 4Gb RAM, 1Gb Gforce video card. This problem didnt occur before and HM2 doesnt crashes or something, it just freezes. The tables go black (not the whole screen) but the HUD remains visible and after a few seconds everything is back to normal. I am playing on Pokerstars and no other programs are running during the session (sometimes winamp but I think this isn't an issue).

P.S. I found this thread on HM2 forums but not sure what is the solution and don't want to make more trouble by clicking blindly:
      http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/415861-bug-table-goes-black-every-once-while.html
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Chymera,
      Yeah, the machine seems gutsy enough.

Zoom by any chance?
      If zoom is anything like rush, sometimes the Hero HUD hand count doesn't update until the entire history of the hand has been written.

Other than that, I'm running out of ideas...
      --VS
    • Hamishk
      Hamishk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chymera
      Hi Vorpal!
      I have a Pentium dual core 2,9GHz with 4Gb RAM, 1Gb Gforce video card. This problem didnt occur before and HM2 doesnt crashes or something, it just freezes. The tables go black (not the whole screen) but the HUD remains visible and after a few seconds everything is back to normal. I am playing on Pokerstars and no other programs are running during the session (sometimes winamp but I think this isn't an issue).

P.S. I found this thread on HM2 forums but not sure what is the solution and don't want to make more trouble by clicking blindly:
      http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/415861-bug-table-goes-black-every-once-while.html
      Pft. 4GB.

My laptop with 4GB froze constantly with HM2

Briefly tried it on a new machine with 16GB and it worked ok - no freezing.

Have gone back to Pokertraker as I prefer the pokerhuds HUD. (not available on HM2). (Didn't have an issue with pokertracker on the 4GB laptop)
    • Chymera
      Chymera
      Bronze
      Ok, thank you all for the help provided. :)
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      We found a Intel storage manager process which causes freezes in longer sessions.

Please check in the Windows Services if you have a service called IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe please disable it and try again. This service is only needed if you use a HDD RAID configuration.