Zooming up the limits

• MAttyo
      MAttyo
      Bronze
      I am going to start a thread with my results. I think it is a interesting thing to do. I also believe it will help my game if other people see my results because nobody likes to post a loosing graph.

I am new to poker. Well I have been playing poker,and loosing, on and off for the past ten years.The part of poker that is new to me is reading poker strategy books and applying them to my game. I only have $25.00 in my poker account. I am going to start playing NL5. I understand I should have at least 25 buy ins. I will reload if necessary.
  • 11 replies
    • MAttyo
      MAttyo
      Bronze
      I has a really good first session.I Wish it was always like this. Anyhow it is a great way to start things off. My goal is to consistently beat 5nl then move up to 10NL. What I consider to "beat" a limit would be 5bb/100 over 50, 000 hands give or take.

I am having a hard time posting a graph. Can graphs be posted by new members?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      no basic members can't post images

glgl
    • MAttyo
      MAttyo
      Bronze
      Here is my first sessions graph I was trying to post

Day 1

• MAttyo
      MAttyo
      Bronze
      Well I managed to play 8000 hands this weekend. I had a 15bb/100 over 10000 hands. I do believe I am a good poker player when I am playing my A game. After about 7500 I gave back everything I won. I dont understand why I do this. Is the story of my poker career. I play really good solid poker and win. Then something snaps in my mind and I start throwing my money away. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again expecting different result. So I deposit on pokerstars win some money by playing solid poker and then i spew it all back. Then I take a break and do it all over again. Maybe I am insane. I would sure love to know how to prevent this from happening. It makes no sense. I get upset so I give my money away by stacking it off to all the players I won it from.
      Bronze
      dont play that many hands. the longer you play (in a row) the faster you will go into auto pilot and if you aren't a super player then the game can easily go to a losing play. Play until you feel your beginning to lose concentration. take a break rinse and repeat.
    • ZapOut
      ZapOut
      Bronze
      Very nice start with an impressive graph you got !
      Keep them coming. :)
    • leshkopoker
      leshkopoker
      Bronze
      Nice graph, gl with your challenge! I started something simillar but on iPoker, you can check out my blog. Are you interested in skype strategy or do you already have one?
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice challenge, will follow!

glgl!
      Fran
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MAttyo
      I am going to start a thread with my results. I think it is a interesting thing to do. I also believe it will help my game if other people see my results because nobody likes to post a loosing graph.

I am new to poker. Well I have been playing poker,and loosing, on and off for the past ten years.The part of poker that is new to me is reading poker strategy books and applying them to my game. I only have $25.00 in my poker account. I am going to start playing NL5. I understand I should have at least 25 buy ins. I will reload if necessary.
      Good luck, but honestly you should play the lowest limits to start off, but if you have been playing for 10 years i guess you could skip the first one xD
    • plearn
      plearn
      Silver
      good luck. how is challenge going on. please keep us informed. :D
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      yeah we are waiting for some update :)