Best use of PokerStars FPPs for STT players

• StartlingGrope
      StartlingGrope
      Bronze
      Is there a consensus on what the most profitable way to invest Pokerstars FPP points? I have 5,000 at the minute that haven't been converted into anything. I'm drawn to entering the Steps tournaments as this is more suited to my game as an STT player. It's obviously a long way up the ladder before they're likely to pay big dividends and the higher steps are obviously going to be much more difficult but a crack at one of the big tourney packages is quite appealing to me, even before considering the prize money. Stepping out of the clouds slightly, the consolation prizes as you go up through the ranks and the entry to the Sunday Million for winning Step 3 means that there's a more 'realistic' chance of scoring some decent cash every now and again.

Would this be generally considered to be a decent way to use FPPs or are there alternatives that I ought to be considering? I'm also torn between whether I should start at Step 1 or whether I should just hold out for a bit and cut out that stage completely.
  • 11 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, StartlingGrope!

As an exclusive pokerstars player for the last 2 plus years, I always cashed the FPPs, however, if you a tourney player-it could be good to buy entrance to some tourneys as it comes cheaper than buying them, steps tourneys also sound like very good option. At the end of the day, I believe-you can decide what's best for yourself. I am sng player, so for me cash sounds the most appealing option.

Best of luck and hopefully someone else also contributes with their opinion!
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      I try to collect always my FPP's for playing the 210FPP Sat's to Sunday Storm. 20Player - 6 Tickets and you can cash them in Turney$ so for me it is the easiest way to get something from the FPP's.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey StartlingGrope,

If you have the FPPs the 235FP sats to the Sunday Strorm pay an $11 ticket for top 2 and you can cash them in.

Regards

Laz
    • StartlingGrope
      StartlingGrope
      Bronze
      I used to do this back when I was StartlingGrope 1.0. I can't seem to find them anywhere now though. Perhaps I'm just being stupid.

It's interesting to hear somebody say they cash them in as that always strikes me as very poor value. I know the time to play has to be factored in for terms of EV but when tournies are around $0.016 per point and cashing can only be done at $0.010 per point then it looks like a simple decision to me. Admittedly though, if it were as simple as getting the best dollar value then we'd all be saving for a Porsche.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      The best value comes with rebuy MTT satellites, the cheaper it is, the better the value as far as percentages go because the opponents are bad AND they don't care enough to even try to pay well for a few measly FPP. But it is also a matter of time. Is it worth it to play for hours to perhaps win a $11 ticket for 30 FPP? Yes, if I'm broke, otherwise no. For 200 FPP+ my impression is that the opponents DO care a little, so you have to beat them fair and square.
    • BArGaInChem
      BArGaInChem
      Basic
      I think that converting directly to cash is considered the better option for very high VIP levels, such as platinum an up. If you are below, it is better value to play satillites. Note how ever that most wins can't be turned into $T anymore on Stars.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey BArGaInChem,

PokerStars have reversed their decision in regards to this.

Check this post for further information.

Regards

Laz
    • BArGaInChem
      BArGaInChem
      Basic
      That is great news Lazza61😊. I recently contacted PokerStars support in this regard, i.e. about two weeks ago, and they said what I stated in the comment above. I'm sorry that I gave wrong information.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Supernova 100k FPP cash packet is only one worth to use. Players with lower VIP level should be playing fpp satellites.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by BArGaInChem
      That is great news Lazza61😊. I recently contacted PokerStars support in this regard, i.e. about two weeks ago, and they said what I stated in the comment above. I'm sorry that I gave wrong information.
      Hey BArGaInChem,

Not necessary to apologise. :) Your info was correct for a while, but PokerStars backflipped quickly.

Gotta love them for listening to players and reacting so quickly. :f_love:

Cheers

Laz
    • CaptainLuffy
      CaptainLuffy
      Bronze
      I don't play enough to get higher than Gold so I actually buy the £250 gift card for 27100 FPP. I think this works out at the same rate as if you had bought the $1600 bonus for 100kFPP. Amazon has a ridiculous range of stuff so money that you were going to spend on Amazon for all intense and purposes is the cash from Poker Stars.