Properly applying endgame strategy in turbo HUSnG

• mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I am looking for a bit of guidance on this subject. Because I spent most of my time playing CG/zoom, endgame strategy is kinda foreign to me. Now, I know about nash and sage but I need some insight in order to be sure I apply them properly. I guess that this concept is better assimilated with a coaching but I just can't afford it right now so, it would be great if somebody could give me a few hints to get me started.
      Here are my questions.
      Should I use nash or sage (as they seem to give some different ranges) as a base for my endgame strategy or should I use them alternatively depending on the type of player I face?
      If the later, which one is better suited for, respectively, TP, TAG, LP, LAG kind of players?

A problem I have with sage is the fact that it gives ranges for 7bb deep and less when, quite often, villain will enter in push/fold mode from 10bb effective stack, even 15bb depending on the stack ratios and the player's type. Can sage be extrapolated in order to apply it to 15bb or less effective stack sizes?
      Concerning stack ratios. I guess there is a difference in application depending on whether the ratio is 2/1, 4/1 or greater. How should I determine which range to use while considering villain's type in each situation?

That's about it for the moment, I may have more questions depending on the answers I will get.
      Thank you in advance to anyone taking the time to help me.
  • 2 replies
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      After looking some more on the internet, I got my answers. Sage is more for online play because it is easier to remember, Nash is more adapted to online play, more accurate and complete. I'll keep on using nash then.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey mrkhaan,

I would stick with Nash in regular SnGs. SAGE is more suited for HU SnGs or SnGs with a winner take all prize.

Regards

Laz