This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 AQo Two Pair.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      10 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $26.75
      UTG+1: $2.80
      UTG+2: $23.46
      MP1: $10.71
      Hero: $25
      MP3: $49.82
      CO: $3.66
      Button: $28.10
      SB: $5.32
      BB: $29.30

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP2 with Q A
      3 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, Hero raises to $1.25, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 3 folds.

Flop: A J Q ($4.35, 3 players)
      Hero bets $3.5, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: J ($11.35, 2 players)
      Hero bets $8, Button calls.

River: 6 ($27.35, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $11.25, Hero ?!?!?.

Villain is something like 12/2. I'm definately beat right here on river and not winning anything like 30% of the time eh? How are my bet sizes? Anything else important that can be mentioned about this hand?

Please let me know anything else i did wrong of course, I haven't Bigstacked very much before but i figure NL25 could be a good place to start. I opened up some NL10 tables at first, but it just felt a bit too much like playmoney. I have watched all of the Bronze Videos and half of the silver ones, but if there is anything anyone can advise me to do to get better, i welcome it. :)
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Nl 25 players tend to take sometimes weird lines.
      Once you bet and he checks, then fold is fine- he would basically never valuebet there with worse hands- other question is would he call your shove AK, AT, Ax since you have 12$- I believe so, that´s why I rather shove than making thought laydown.
      Bet sizing: flop could be 4$, turn 9$, that makes river shove easier and you can be sure that you didn´t give him correct odds if he chase flushdraw.