Old fart at play

• Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Okey, lets be frank. I suck at poker. I suck at english to, last time I studied english Richard Milhouse Nixon still was president.

But since things in the swedish forum is kind of slow I will try here and at least train to write in english.

I have been a recreational player for some years not really caring for winning or loosing in the long run, just for the exitement of the moment. But for about two years ago I started to win more than I lost so I wanted to learn to be a better player.

But It has been a bumpy journey so far. I have made money and I believe that I am on the winning side counting from day one. I have made most money on the swedish site "Svenska Spels Poker". The site have by far the worst players on earth so it is easy to win but you develop a weird playing style spending to much time there.

So I have spent a lot of time on Pokerstars. I lost a lot of money there but I was convinced that I would learn to be a better player there. By pure stubborness I started to win and by now I have won back everything I lost and a bit more. I love everything about Pokerstars. Splendid software, good traffic 24 hours a day, good games and the best android-game on earth. They are so far ahead of the competion that it is hard to believe.

There is just one problem with stars. I can´t be tracked there.

I like much of Pokerstrategy to - especially the system with gaining status by playing. The downside is that I have to play at iPoker to gain strategy-points. It is okay to get silver-status. A quarter at fast-forward nine days a month gives you silver status. But as I want to follow W34z3ls fantastic 6-max series I need gold. And it is practidally impossible to play that much on iPoker. The whole site is bad-beats on stereoids. And it is so ugly. And all of those strange bugs. And no android either. I have to play some time at pokerstars just to keep my sanity.

today I have had AA 10 times. Getting a bb/100 of staggering -1672.

Well. Anyhow. Now I am furious. It must be possible to beat that rathole too! So that is my gameplan for the moment.
  • 77 replies
    • Paakjis
      Paakjis
      Bronze
      Just needed to check it out, who is "old fart" as I understand, your goal is to beat that rathole? And I agree about ugly thing in ipoker :/

What r u playing? limits, etc?

btw, your egnlish is ok.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Originally posted by Paakjis
      Just needed to check it out, who is "old fart" as I understand, your goal is to beat that rathole? And I agree about ugly thing in ipoker :/

What r u playing? limits, etc?

btw, your egnlish is ok.
      "Old fart at play" is just a song-title from the sixites.

(pejorative, idiomatic) An elderly person who holds views that are considered old-fashioned. Synonyms: fossil.

So I guess thats me.

Spending most time on the microest of the micros. NL2-NL5. Occassionally on NL10. 90% of the time no-limit texas, some sng, mtt and even omaha.
    • Paakjis
      Paakjis
      Bronze
      I guess this is it....

• Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Yes. The old Captian. Nowadays I look a little bit like him but my hair and beard are all white.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Svinhugg
      Yes. The old Captian. Nowadays I look a little bit like him but my hair and beard are all white.
      Hey man. I'm an old fart myself :D (52 in fact)

Why not post in our Who is our oldest PokerStrategist? thread.

Regards

Laz
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      The gameplan was to start some serious gameplay. But of course I got a bit drunk. Or... to be honest so didnt I dare go to bed. At the time it seemed at a good idea to play some poker. I should have choosed Unibet but I had poker770 near at hand. Well, at least I made some strategy points.

But when I got sober it has runned quite well. 812 hands on Fast forward NL5, 8.19 euros, VPIP 22.3, PFR 15.6, agg% 3.48.

EDIT: when I look at the graph it doesnt seem so smooth.

• tHINGfISH
      tHINGfISH
      Bronze
      I added you to community tools as friend.

I am starting a Skype channel for 5nl and 10nl players! add me!
    • rompas
      rompas
      Hi nice to see a new blog and as swedish i will try follow you,
      i also play at 770 for the sp and status, but i play daily just trying to make 40 770 poker= around 15 strategy points +10 bonus points, this gives me gold status and takes around 30 minutes daily playing speed poker 2/5 4-6 tables. otherwise i agree with you about bugs and other strange things ...
      anyway good luck at the tables
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      They say the darkest hour is just before the dawn ...

I have problems with 6-max. Or .. my leaks in FR is so evident in 6m. I´m a bit passive, bad at bluffing and pay to little attention to position.

So for the first time in a year I´m going to have a negative result for the month.

Originally posted by rompas
      i also play at 770 for the sp and status, but i play daily just trying to make 40 770 poker= around 15 strategy points +10 bonus points, this gives me gold status and takes around 30 minutes daily playing speed poker 2/5 4-6 tables.
      At the moment I can´t even manage 2 tables. I have geared down to one table to keep the focus....

• Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      "Summer challenge" - the big challenge seems to live with poker software. "Leakbuster cant connect to server". "We have to log you out for maintainence" for the second time in an hour.

At the time it seems like I´m doing fine at Poker770. Been on the plus-side for a while now and I have sharpened my goals. Now I´m aiming at winning more money than I am paying in rake. This month I have made €10.37 and only paid $9.29 in rake .
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Originally posted by Svinhugg
      At the time it seems like I´m doing fine at Poker770. Been on the plus-side for a while now and I have sharpened my goals. Now I´m aiming at winning more money than I am paying in rake. This month I have made €10.37 and only paid $9.29 in rake .
      After 4 hours of struggling with user-unfriendly software I at last made my 10 strategy points. Now I have made €11.54 and the rake is $12.86 at a bb/100 of 12.2. Sure hope it is $ and € or else I´m alredy behind.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi sir,

nice blog over here :)

I'm in :)

Kind regards,
      Fran
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Just now I hate Poker. And especially iPoker. Let me put it like this.

My graph at Svenska Spel looks like this:

Thats not so impressiive. The players on Svenska Spel is by far the worst players on earth. But my graph on Pokerstars looks like this:

And thats quite okay for me. And my graphs for Partypoker and 888 looks good but over a smaller sample. But my graph on Poker770 looks like this:

If I thought that the players at Poker770 was so much better than me I wouldnt mind but my feeling is that I´m a bit better than they are. But there isn´t a flop so dry that at player on Poker770 can´t pull a straight or flush out of thin air.

The oddest thing is that good hands like AA. KK, AKo, AKs all give a bb/100 of more than 100 on all other poker rooms but I´m actually loosing money on AKo and AKs barely makes a bb/100 of 30. AA gives a bb/100 of more than 1000 on all other sites but only 800 on Poker770.

It would be better economy to play on other places and buy my gold status but I am so irritated over that Pokerstars wont let me retrack so at this point I feel better to skip Pokerstars and play on Poker770 till I can beat the bastards.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      And as a final mockery Leakbuster gives me the best grade ever for the last month

My grade for Svenska spel is F and something like D+ for Pokerstars.

Maybe there is the key to my problem. I try to make use of my groving knowledge of Pokerand the tools I gather and it is not giving the results I am getting on Pokerstars because of the strange mixture of players on Poker770.

Well. This will be my goal. To be a solid winner on Poker770 in the nest few months.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I had a similar problem. LeakTracker in PT4 told me I was doing it all great, yet I was losing for a long time at a horrendous rate. A coach pointed out that I had to be making too many mistakes postflop and that these analyses didn't pick up on those things.
      My biggest leak was having no clue multiway when I missed and those pots were very common on PKR - worse players than you met at Svenska spel I guarantee it! :D :D
      I needed to get to grips more with ranges and cbetting board types etc. Things are a lot better now.

May I suggest posting some statistics for our community and a few hands, any hands that made you go hmmmm.

Regards,

Mal.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      I dont think that my multiway-pot-play is any problem. As I played a lot on full-ring at svenska spel where 8 players on flop isnt to rare.

I dont know why but I dont seem to find a hand converter that can manage Poker770 hands from HM2. "illegal header" they say.

Stats is like
      VPIP: 20.91 seems okay
      PFR 14.64 have sunken a bit
      Agg 1.26 What? used to be like 2.5. And I thought that I was turning to aggressive.

I think I start from there ...
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      One new problem that I have faces in the last few weeks is that my steals gets stolen. I have a fairly good hand at SB and all have folded say 55 or JTo and bets 3bb then BB bets 8bb. That rarely happened before so I fear that the site have been W34z3l:ed. So instead of winning the one bb from BB I loose 3bb to BB.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      I just have to give it up. I have played 24 sessions this weekend. 20 on non-iPokersites and won them all. No big deal. A dollar here and 3 dollars there. An then I have played 4 sessions on Poker770 - lost them all. Big!
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      I got tricked again and put in some money for the Cash Machine.

First I played some on Poker770. I played bad and had bad luck. So I played a session on 888. Never in my life I have seen such a wild game. In 200 hands I saw 4 quads an a serious amount of full houses, flushes and straights.

Back to Poker 770. Things went well for a while. I had no premium hands which seems to be an advantage on iPoker. A good hand is just an opportunity to loose money.

So came this hand. My impression of Villain is that he is a risktaker so I take a chance with a coinflip.

(IPoker)
      €5.00 EUR NL Texas Hold'em
      Table Speed Holdem 1 (Real Money)
      Seat 8 is the button
      Seat 1: Player1 ( €11.19 EUR ) - VPIP: 24, PFR: 12, 3B: 3, AF: 3,0, Hands: 89
      Seat 3: Player3 ( €1.95 EUR ) - VPIP: 60, PFR: 50, 3B: 25, AF: 2,0, Hands: 10
      Seat 5: Player5 ( €3.90 EUR ) - VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 3, AF: 3,5, Hands: 109
      Seat 6: Hero ( €4.89 EUR ) - VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 3, AF: 1,6, Hands: 58735
      Seat 8: Player8 ( €7.04 EUR ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 3,5, Hands: 81
      Seat 10: Player10 ( €2.63 EUR ) - VPIP: 24, PFR: 12, 3B: 3, AF: 3,0, Hands: 89
      Player10 posts small blind [€0.02 EUR].
      Player1 posts big blind [€0.05 EUR].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Hero [ Jd Js ]
      Player3 raises [€0.15 EUR]
      Player5 folds
      Hero raises [€0.40 EUR]
      Player8 folds
      Player10 folds
      Player1 raises [€11.14 EUR]
      Player3 folds
      Hero calls [€4.49 EUR]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, 7c, 8d ]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ Td ]

If I win this hand the session will end at just one euro back.

** Dealing River ** [ 9d ]
      Player1 wins €15.59 EUR from main pot
      Player1 shows [9h, 9s ]

That pretty much sums this month up for me.